quorn fish-less fingers

jackie71

can anyone tell me a syn value for these pretty please x

I saw these in asda the other day and thought I had imagined it cos couldn't find them on Quorn website! Will be interested to know syns as would be nice to try. They also had fish cakes.

thank you for posting this! I saw them yesterday as well! I used to love fish fingers before i went vegetarian so would be interesting to see the syn value! I know they're about 60 calories each so 3 syns max :D

ooh, I've never heard of these, and I've been eating Quorn since the late 80s!

Just found these on Tesco online now on offer for 1.50 so going to order some to try. Still not on Quorn website though

Just found nutritional info

Tuna style fish cakes
Quorn Crispbake (85%) [Mashed Potato, Quorn Tuna Style Flakes (30%) (Mycoprotein*, Rehydrated Free Range Egg White,Flavouring (contains Colour: Iron Oxide; Yeast), Sweetcorn (17%), Cream, Potato Flake, Lemon Juice, Fish Style Flavour ,Gelling Agent: Methylcellulose, Parsley, Salt] ,Batter (Wheat Flour, Wheat Starch, Salt) ,Breadcrumb (Wheat Flour, Yeast, Salt) ,Vegetable Oil ,*27% of product

Typical ValuesTypical values per crispbake-Energy - kJ/kcal740/176-Protein6.6g-Carbohydrate22.0g-- of which sugars0.5g-Fat6.2g-- of which saturates1.0g-Fibre3.0g-Sodium0.30g-Salt equivalent0.80g

Quorn fishless fingers

Ingredients

Quorn Fingers (71%) [Quorn Flakes (Mycoprotein*, Rehydrated Free Range Egg White, Flavouring), Cream, Potato Flake,Flavouring, Lemon Juice, Omega-3 Algal Oil Blend (DHA (Docosahexaenoic Acid) Algal Oil, Sunflower Oil, Lecithin ,Rosemary Extract), Gelling Agent: Methylcellulose; Salt] ,Batter (Wheat Flour, Wheat Starch, Salt) ,Breadcrumb (Wheat Flour, Yeast, Salt, Turmeric, Natural Colours: Curcumin, Carotene) ,Vegetable Oil ,*50% of product

Typical ValuesTypical values per finger-Energy - kJ/kcal279/66-Protein2.9g-Carbohydrate6.3g-- of which sugars0.3g-Fat3.0g-- of which saturates0.5g-- Omega-3 fatty acids (EPA + DHA)0.029g-Fibre1.4g-Sodium0.11g-Salt equivalent0.29g

Ooh, I'm really looking forward to trying these out. I love quorn stuff but get way too excited when I spot something new! They don't seem to be in Sainsbury's yet, have looked as I'm getting a delivery from them tomorrow. Wish I'd gone to Tesco now!

Sainsbury's usually good at getting new Quorn stuff.
Do we know the pack size or individual weights so we can run them through the calculator?

mojomcl said:
Sainsbury's usually good at getting new Quorn stuff.
Do we know the pack size or individual weights so we can run them through the calculator?

Hi there

The values above are per crispbake or per fish finger not sure of the weights. X x

Claracluck9 said:
Hi there

The values above are per crispbake or per fish finger not sure of the weights. X x

Just checked and 8 fish fingers is 228g and 2 crispbakes is 200g

Thanks

Cxx

Are we talking vegetarians here?

Just a little confused as hey work out at 3 syns and some birds eye fish fingers work out similar:confused:

They taste of fish as an added bonus

I bought the fish-less fingers & the tuna style crispbakes.

I've not tried the fish less ones yet just the tuna ones & they are ok, but not worth the 5.5 syns each:eek:

I worked out the fish-less fingers to be 2 syns each:D

Is this with Quorn as a free food? Seems quite high :(

Is this with Quorn as a free food? Seems quite high :(

im thinking the same, the quorn products always hav a high cal content think its all the protein, but with free food allowance shouldnt they be lower? will be great if anybody knows as i have em in the freezer:) xxx

They're actually really nice, weirdly. I had a bite of one yesterday...the texture isn't really fishy but it kinda tastes like what fish fingers smell like, if that makes sense? My daughter had them for her tea yesterday and said they taste like fish fingers too. I can't remember what fish tastes like as I was about 7 last time I had it.

Back