Quorn/Own brand meat free mince etc

lafemme

Hi

Just wondering if the supermarket own brand style of Quorn mince are free like Quorn? Am off to the shops .. hence question, no books with me.
Ta

No they tend to be soya based and therefore usually have a syn value. I must admit that I get Asda own make meat-free mince because it tastes much nicer that the quorn mince and you get a big bag for £2. It works out at only 1.5 syns for 100g raw weight.

And by the way Asda meatfree meatballs are just the best! In fact I think I'll have some for my tea - only 2 syns for the whole bag of about 28 meatballs.

Thanks for that, its Asda that I am off too. I might get their meat free mince like you said its a big bag for £2. Ta

not tried asdas own quorn mince yet, but i can vouch 4 the meatballs they are yummy and so low in syns! had them with spaghetti and spicy tomato sauce that i made up myself and it was amazing!

x

I always have Asda meat free mince as I think its much nicer that Quorn but am disappointed to see it now has syns :( It used to be free...
However, I did find this on the SW website

Asda Meat Free, Savoury Mince Mix, made up as directed, dried 120g pack

red.gif
Original Free
green.gif
Green Free

ah yeh i saw that savoury mince the other day and was gona try it. should be ok with smash! they do a bolognese one too duno if thats free?

X

I don't like quorn mince so I always use asda meat free mince and meatballs, it's so much nicer and has a more meaty texture, definitely worth the syns. I tried tesco own make but wasn't impressed.

Back