Quorn Sausages Confusion

Discussion in 'Syn Values' started by SulisMinerva, 11 February 2014.

1. SulisMinerva

SulisMinerva Well-Known Member

I'm doing SW online and for the life of me cannot figure out the flipping syn calculator thing and the sausages are not listed in the online Syns directory, very frustrating. Could anybody help? The sausages are the Quorn Best of British - and per 100g they are 185 kcal, fat 9.5 :eek:, carbs 12.0g, Protein 11.0g - the pack is 240g, and a single sausage weighs 60g.

Am I really thick or is the sins calculator really difficult and non-sensice, when I did the above it said each sausage was 5 and a half syns. I think what throws me is the portion size/package size bit, what? which? huh? :confused::mad:
  2. bubbalicious

bubbalicious Well-Known Member

Hi, ive just put it through calculator with Vegetarian Products as the free food allowance and they are 2.5 syns each. x
  3. SulisMinerva

SulisMinerva Well-Known Member

Thank you so much bubbalicious, thought they might be high, they have a very high fat content. Thanks for doing that :) x
  4. Miss Barbarella

Miss Barbarella Active Member

The regular Quorn sausages are syn free though
  5. PatchworkPuss

PatchworkPuss Well-Known Member

The only free quorn sausages are the low fat ones, labelled back by popular demand and with a tape measure on the pack x
  6. mo53

mo53 Well-Known Member

I found this thread fascinating.I am following a low fat diet and had assumed that all types of quorn sausage would be virtually fat free. I was surprised to find that I was wrong.
  7. Miss Barbarella

Miss Barbarella Active Member

8. Minimunchkins

Minimunchkins Well-Known Member

Yes - those ones are syn'd Miss Barbarella. I believe they're only 1 syn each though so not that bad. These are the only free ones - available from Sainsbugs, Tesco (sometimes) & Asda.
    Last edited: 15 February 2014
  9. mo53

mo53 Well-Known Member

Thanks for including the picture. ive had two types of quorn sausage both with different calories and with differing amounts of fat. Ive not seen these with the tape measure but now I know what to look for. Thank you.