Quorn sausages on ss +?

The new book looks exactly like the old one, Nikki - I've just had a brand new one in my mitts. My CDC didn't know about the changes, LOL - I've just had to point them out to her. :D

Lily said:
The new book looks exactly like the old one, Nikki - I've just had a brand new one in my mitts. My CDC didn't know about the changes, LOL - I've just had to point them out to her. :D

Shocking she/he should be reading the email updates/news we get about 20 a week lol

Shocking she/he should be reading the email updates/news we get about 20 a week lol

I'll tell her you said that. :D She'll probably throw a tetra at me. :D

not another new book. i had the same one for years. got a new one last year and now there's yet another new one out. i tell you if quorn sausages are officially on the menu.... all i'll have to say is.... nom nom!

So, are quorn sausages on the menu according to the new book, or is it still the pieces and mince? I'd love to have sausages!

the jury is out until CD HO gets back to mama22!

MandyMc- Quorn sausages are not in the book. It would be up to the individual as to whether or not you want to deviate from the specified list in the booklet.
Each individual is different for example i could have coke zero on SS+ and it would not through me out of ketosis but my neighbour following exactly the same as me, has been thrown out of ketosis.

Think of it this way, you are not on these Steps forever and when you go the plans and are allowed to have the quorn sausages you can then fully enjoy them. If you were allowed them then surely it would state 'all types of quorn'?

Ok news back in from HQ is only if not carb sensitive and only from step 2

Ooh, there's something to look forward to. Only 81 days on SS to go! :D

As a moderator on this forum I also have to point out that Quorn sausages are not recommended as part of the plan due to their carb levels. Or at least that's always been the case to date.

Mama21: can you please PM me with the person you spoke to at Head Office as this information would be useful to other people too?

Silly question probably, but how do you know if you're 'carb sensitive'?

sometimes people can be carb sensitive if they have a very small amount of carbs and it kicks them momentarily out of ketosis or they start feeling hungry and their carb cravings come back........ as i read it. i'm not a carb sensitive person as such. i know i can eat limited amount of naughty carbs and be ok but in full on carb feast mode i suffer badly with cravings.

Summerskye said:
Mama21: can you please PM me with the person you spoke to at Head Office as this information would be useful to other people too?

I went via my sponsor as was told they are your first point of contact have messaged her and will let you know

Ok after getting a message back from sponsor saying "Quorn is allowed" gave me the feeling she didn't check, so sent a message to HQ myself and now unfortunately have been told direct from them that sausage is NOT allowed. I also asked regarding ANY other form of Quorn ie meat balls ect and they are also not allowed.
I would like to apologise to readers and moderators for any misinformed information I passed on as that was not my intension.

boooooooo, no sausages! just knew it. too good to be true!

better than real sausage with ear holes, eye holes and ar*e hole in them!

Back