Rabbits

I've got a house rabbit - she's fab but u have to be v careful with cables. You also need to get them "done" as they can be quite territorial.

I love that they're low maintenance and it's nice having them hopping about although they're not cuddly and they dont really like being picked up unless u have them from a v young age

We've had rabbits in the past & kept them outdoors, but they were house trained (very easy to do) & I'd agree with Whitey27 you have to be careful with cables, they do make lovely pets.

Never had a house bunny but have had a rabbit I kept outside. She was so lovely, and I had her for 11 years! They make great pets.

Misty used to have free reign of the garden all day and was kept in a hutch in the shed at night time. I had her since she was old enough to leave her mum and she became used to us all very quickly - whenever any of us went into the garden she'd come hopping over to us to say hello. She didn't mind being picked up either, she'd quite happily sit on our lap being stroked - she loved being brushed :)

We took excellent care of her and she stayed with us for 11 years. She passed away in her sleep about 2 years ago, and she's now burried in our garden in her favourite spot, marked with a rabbit garden ornament that looks just like her.

I'd love another, but don't think I could go through the trauma of losing one again - it broke my heart with Misty. If you take care of them, and spend time with them, rabbits become such loyal and caring pets.

I dont know about rabbits but I have just got guinea pigs and absoloutely love them. I got them for outdoors as didn't realise about keeping them indoors,wish I had now! I would say really look into it and maybe look at some forums for advice on setting up and where to get them from etc
I joined guinea pig forums after getting my guineas but wish I had done it before!

Good luck and if you get one share a pic ;)

Hi I also have a house bunny! I adopted him from my local RSPCA , who have a member of staff who house trains them so it was great. Dont get me wrong he is a chewer and I have to make sure he has enough cardboard to chew so he doesnt get tempted to chew furniture. When we are not home he has a large indoor cage but when we are home he is out all the time. If you decide to go ahead, please contact your local RSPCA/rabbit rescue as they have many who need a loving home, ours was two when we got him (now 5) but he is part of the family!

Back