Race for Life

Devon Dolce

1lb at a time!
I'm sure there are plenty of us doing Race for Life up and down the country this year! My pack has just arrived, so more motivation to get rid of these pounds and inches! I'm very lucky, our RfL is in and around The Hoe in June - just beautiful! xxx

smeatons-tower_plymouth-hoe.jpg

I was thinking of signing up for the Plymouth run. The one in Torbay is in May and I don't think it's enough time for me to get prepared but an extra month might help me. Need to make the decision soon though.

Best of luck to you. Hope you raise loads of money!

I did my first race for life last year in university of essex. I attempted to run but mostly walked and my time was 56 mins! It was such a great day out, very emotional too (my friend who raced with me lost her grandpa to cancer)

Have a lovely time xx

Hiya I did the race for life last year and it was great fun.

Would dearly love to do it this year, but its in May and I will be 38 weeks pregnant and hubby said if I do it could become the race to delivery room.

Good luck and keep us posted how you get on lol x

I'm supposed to be doing a 10k RFL with my sister, can't imagine anyone would sponsor me though.

Are the 10km ones a little less happy clappy? Presumably it doesn't have the walk/jog/run option either?

You can still run/walk/jog etc and its just as 'happy clappy'! Everything is exactly the same, just double the distance!! Good luck!!

I have ran it twice first 5k was 39 mins 2nd was 36 mins, this time I'm walking it, so scared tho cos I get so emotional at them,

I will be doing the Guildford one, my forth year in a row. I jog and walk and normaly complete it around 40mins.

Best thing I ever did and I do them solo whixh means I can do it at my own pace but do try to beat my times each year. As I plan to be at least 2 stone lighter this year I'm hopeing to drop a few more minutes off the time.

I will be doing the Coventry one this will be my 3rd RFL, last year i did the 10K in 1 hr 24 mins (in a thunderstorm). Such an emotional experience but so worthwhile. I usually jog and walk.

I'm doing delamere forest in may. It will b my first!!! Have got the c25k app on my phone to help get me fit as I've never been much of a runner! There are 4 of us doing it and we're thinking of taking the dogs too! Vx

Edit: I'm doing Warwick, oops.

I'd seriously advise against the dog. Especially at a busy race, you are fairly confined to the back of the field and it's not great for other runners who does like dogs.

I'll be doing the Bournemouth one again this year. Mum and I have been doing it for about 5 years now. In 2009 I was 7 months pregnant but managed to waddle round.
Last year, Pa had just been diagnosed with cancer so it was extra emotional - he's doing really well though so I think it's going to be a happier experience this year!

I must admit to not really training beforehand. It's a nice walk (when it's not raining) so im happy to walk rather than jog!!

I am doing the one in Falmouth in May, I am hoping to run it and I am following the Couch to 5k programme :). Currently on Week 4 training. anyone else following this?

I would love to do one.

My dad died of lung cancer, my SIL of ovarian cancer and I had breast cancer so I think I would really like to do something.

Tell me what you have to do i.e. sponsorship etc. It might be worth going to the U.K. to do it with a friend. I can think of one in Cheshire who would do it and another one in North Wales who would do it with me.

I would love to do one.

My dad died of lung cancer, my SIL of ovarian cancer and I had breast cancer so I think I would really like to do something.

Tell me what you have to do i.e. sponsorship etc. It might be worth going to the U.K. to do it with a friend. I can think of one in Cheshire who would do it and another one in North Wales who would do it with me.

Here's the link to the website. If you'd be in Cheshire there are loads!! I'm doing Delamere as it is dog friendly and on a Sunday morning so suits me!

HTH
Vx

Race for Life - Join the girls - Cancer Research UK

I would love to do one.

Darling Sue, RfL is a 5km walk, jog, run for us girls only! Once registered (I think it's £14.99 admin fees) and you get your pack and number you can start raising pennies - it all counts - you can do it the old fashioned way with a form and pen or set up an online page that peeps can donate through! Have a look below and see if you can convince one of your girls to get involved...

Voila!

Cheshire - Tatton Park - Race for Life - Cancer Research UK

Cheshire - Delamere Forest - Race for Life - Cancer Research UK

Events Search Results

xxxx

Darling Sue, RfL is a 5km walk, jog, run for us girls only! Once registered (I think it's £14.99 admin fees) and you get your pack and number you can start raising pennies - it all counts - you can do it the old fashioned way with a form and pen or set up an online page that peeps can donate through! Have a look below and see if you can convince one of your girls to get involved...

Voila!

Cheshire - Tatton Park - Race for Life - Cancer Research UK

Cheshire - Delamere Forest - Race for Life - Cancer Research UK

Events Search Results

xxxx

Thank you for the info DD and HTH. Both those venues are almost an equal distance from my friend in Cheshire and the one in North Wales. What fun that could be.

Right off to read the info thoroughly and then prepare DH for a long weekend on peace and quiet without me.

Back