Re-starting SW on my own - help!

So i lost 2.5 stone on SW a few years a go, i've manged to put it all and some back on, so have decided to try it again, but on my own this time. I'm really struggling with not being able to have that bacon roll in the morning or chips for tea, the limitations of being on a diet are so hard. I'm miserable with the way i look and how my body feels (bloated, aching knees etc) so i have to stick at this, i need to lose 3 stone to be happy again. Any pearls of wisdom???

Hi this is my first time at slimming world too. I joined 8 weeks ago . I follow the EE plan , I certainly would not be able to cope with red and green days. I do not feel restricted on this plan and refuse to call it a diet. I still have bacon and chips. I just make them myself and cut the fat off the bacon. I am sure once you get into it you will feel the same. I was sceptical at first but now I would not go back. I have a treat day once a week and my weight loss has not suffrered.:eek::eek:

Firsty don't view SW as a diet, there's SO much you can eat & enjoy. I'm veggie but you can still have bacon on SW can't you? As long as there's no fat...double check that one as I may be wrong! If you can, use your HEXB for a wholemeal roll. And make SW chips for your dinner! You don't need to go without or miss out on anything. Just tweak a recipe to make it SW friendly.

I do SW myself at home & get a lot of help & advice on here.

Hiya,

I have to say that if you use all of the tools you have available on EE eg free meat, potatoes, rice, pasta, veg, fruit etc plus there are mountains of other free foods for example Shape Delights (lovely thick creamy yoghurts) not to mention the fact you have 15 syns a day to use!

There really is no reason for this eating plan to feel like a diet, the only thing it stops you doing is binge eating and lets face it we are all grown up enough to know thats a good thing as thats why most of us ended up here anyway!

So i suggest you use the SW site for recipes plus there is a cool section here with some great recipes too.

Get stuck in and eat some lovely food and i will see you at slim for a celebratory drink ;)

Regards

Paul

That's a good idea, not to think of this as a diet and i guess you're all right that you can still eat yummy food, just with a SW twist - thanks!! Will be back later for more support from you lovely people. xx

Sainsburys do these Bacon Rashers which have no fat and are free (no triming needed) and these make an awesome bacon sandwich, I am on original so this with 2 slices of 400g Hovis and tea make my saturday morning after running with my club (bit sad i know but its the little things). Slimming World chips are really good too and so easy that i don't really miss the ones from the Chippy. SW brings so many options and these boards are great for ideas especially meal ones just takes a bit more planning really.

Like everyone else has said you need to get away from thinking of this as a diet and rather as a new way of eating. If you loose the weight then go back to eating bacon rolls and fried chips you will certainly put it all back on again.

Try and think about what you can have on SW rather than what you can't and how much better you will feel and look once you've shed the pounds.

Try and think about what you can have on SW rather than what you can't and how much better you will feel and look once you've shed the pounds.

Exactly. And in truth - there isn't an awful lot you CAN'T have on SW!! Syns are there to enjoy treats if you want them, everything in moderation. And any other things like curries & sauces can be made SW friendly :)

The words 'I'm on a diet' haven't crossed my lips since I started a few weeks a go. Just stick to the plan and use your syns wisely. There's loads of help and support on here as well as the slimming world website. If you're struggling, talk to someone and they might be able to guide you in the right direction. Thing I would recommend: read through your book so you've got a decent idea of whats going on, don't try and live without syns (it makes it loads harder) and enjoy yourself. Focus on how amaing you're going to feel when you get to target rather than how hard it might be to get started :D

Thanks guys, you all seem to be enjoying it and doing so very well!!

It's getting my mind set back into not eating as much bad food as i like (which i started doing after i stopped the first time i joined) I need to focus on what i can eat and enjoy that!!

The thing is once you start eating really good food you will find the other bad foods no longer taste good. Try eating blindfolded I heard it works lol

I may try that tonight when eating my free pasta and bolognaise (made with passata), imagining it's actually a MacDonalds :)

I'll get back into the swing of things!!! :sigh:

This forum is helping though!! :cool:

Im not really one for junk food. I am more of a sweet person thats my hardest. I have always cooked from fresh no tins or jars anyway. I dont even have a microwave lol. The reason I put on weight is biscuits, cakes and things. I am trying hard though . This forum is great for support. I never thought I would be able to stick to SW but I do and I have the odd off day too. It will all fall in to place for you x

I have been following SW from home for a few weeks now and have lost 4lbs and started to do my wii fit each day for a hour or more and was really pleased but since ive been slacking on the wii so having been having my exercise and the wii scales are telling me ive stayed the same etc i feel disheartened but mainly i have been cheating a few times as have been out for food with family etc... but im going to manchester the end of next month so hoping to lose a stone? does anyone think that in 5 weeks i can lose a stone?! :/ I hope we can all achieve our goals!! xx

I think you could lose a stone if you really put your mind to it, but equally I dont think you should set unrealistic goals. Take each week as it comes x

Anything is acheivable, there's no harm in setting yourself a target and aiming for it!!

I think that you could lose a stone but think positive, if you lose 10lbs and not a stone you are still 10lbs lighter than now so you haven't failed!

Hey I'm re starting slimming world also after losing a fair bit before Christmas! Doing it from home until my sister returns from uni and we'll go together. Have to say day 1 was dodgy and I ended up hinging on biscuits but since doing a proper shop and filling up on superfree/re creating my old slimming world faves I've been loving it and still am. Tomorrow morning I'll weigh at home which marks the end of the first week back. Feel better already-love it! X

Hi I am also starting sw from home I started on Monday and finding it good so far, lost a Stone and half on ww but out nearly half stobe bk on last few weeks so thought id try slimming world. Hope we can all support each other x

Hi, I started on my own on Monday and it is difficult to motivate yourself when your doing it alone. I've joined this site for extra tips and support and im finding that im not really limited to anything at all on extra easy, good luck, you can do it! :)

Back