Real nails vs Acrylic manicures

Shirleen it may be best to ask when choosing a salon make sure they do natural nails and not just acrylics, I do think she treated mine like acrylics.

Hi

I am a qualified nail tech .... firstly im horrified that she used the electric nail file on "natural" nails at all !!! Secodly even tho she did im hoping she just filed them into shape with it and didnt actully file down the top of your natural nail ???

She should have used an emery board to shape your nails and she should not he going side to side with it like a saw ... the strokes should be in one direction at all times !!!

She is probily putting way too much product on your nails , 2 thin coats of poish are best and should be applied in 3 strokes , middles , left , right . With a top coat on top of this .

I trained ...and i still prefer natural nails ... i find that if you ask anyone who wears falses ..they will tell you there natural nails were wrecked after ... althou you do have to take into account they probily picked them off which would pick the natural nail off too ....

Hope this helps a little ....and i wouldnt go back to her !!!

x

I used to have acrylic tips years ago but it ruined my nails & I never want anyone to use one of those electric files on my nails ever again!

I get gel overlays on my natural nails done every three weeks - I pay £20 but it is really my only big treat - and then they're perfect & I never have to worry about painting them (as I am crap at it & always smudge & chip them after a few hours).

She did use the sander on the tops of my nails like thinning them out, which they have done in the past just briefly on the cuticles which was fine. Im a bit fed up of them now I spent a tenner last week on 2 re polish Im not working so Im a bit miffed one of them ended in my nails breaking.

Back