Really depressed

Gabby

I just dont seem to be able to diet anymore, I keep going back and forth between ww and sw, and failing on both, I really put alot of effert into which ever one I am doing, but tbh I dont enjoy eating, I dont like food as in give me a full roast or full english breakfast, or ice cream, crisp or cakes, i'll go for the pudding stuff anyday, just dont seem to enjoy it, plus I HATE cooking, never ever had the patience to stand and prepare or stir!!!
Ive tried the micro meals, the pasta n sauce, baked potatoes ect
I guess I just dont like food!!
I just dont feel like ive got much appetite.

How on earth do I try and eat properly, im never going to lose weight with snacking on sandwiches, crisps and sausage rolls, oh how I adore sausage rolls :rolleyes:

I don't know what to tell you hon, you sound like you're just not ready yet to make the changes you need.

Do you want to learn to eat healthily? Do you want it more than you want the sausage rolls and whatever else you eat right now? Until your head is in the right space it doesn't matter which plan you try. You won't get anywhere until you want change more than you want anything else.

you've got to be in the right mindset or you'll never do it. I would suggest making 2 lists-why to loose weight and why not to bother. Decide which is best for you. You need to decide which one to do-they don't really mix. WW is best for junk food which you could have on the points as well as the healthy food they offer. Sw tends to teach you how to eat healthily and no or less junk.It depends on whst suits you.You'll have to be ready to do it though!!Take some time for yourself and think it through slowly. Dont forget we are are here if you holler!!Good luck.

Hi Gabby. You really need to be focussed on food when you are on any eating plan or diet. I'd say, try new recipes.., swap your days, EE,Red then Green and make it exciting. Green to me means Egg Fried Rice and chow mein, Red means steak and lots of salad and sw fry up, and EE means curry and rice.. Hey and have you tried making sw free pavlova? Just get into it and focus on one diet, You can do it.. x

You just need to get your head in it & when you do, there will be no stopping you.

Give the cooking another try, you may end up liking it :)

I think you should look at foods you do like and think of ways to make them sw friendly (sausage rolls... can be repalced with syn free/low syn sausages, morrisons are 1/2 syn each and are delicous.

Make a list of every type of snacky food you lik and see how you can incorperate it into a plan.

Try talking yourself into a different way of thinking about food.

Think quality food. Conjure up your inner snob - ordinary food is not good enough for the likes of you! Sausage rolls - you must be joking - how very downmarket!! Crisps - never.

From now on, only the best for you. Real food, not that rubbish. How much nicer is a fresh and beautiful salad, elegantly laid out on a plate.

Yes, I know this is a bit over the top - but actually it works for me!

I don't know what to tell you hon, you sound like you're just not ready yet to make the changes you need.

Do you want to learn to eat healthily? Do you want it more than you want the sausage rolls and whatever else you eat right now? Until your head is in the right space it doesn't matter which plan you try. You won't get anywhere until you want change more than you want anything else.

you've got to be in the right mindset or you'll never do it. I would suggest making 2 lists-why to loose weight and why not to bother. Decide which is best for you. You need to decide which one to do-they don't really mix. WW is best for junk food which you could have on the points as well as the healthy food they offer. Sw tends to teach you how to eat healthily and no or less junk.It depends on whst suits you.You'll have to be ready to do it though!!Take some time for yourself and think it through slowly. Dont forget we are are here if you holler!!Good luck.

You just need to get your head in it & when you do, there will be no stopping you.

Give the cooking another try, you may end up liking it :)

I think you should look at foods you do like and think of ways to make them sw friendly (sausage rolls... can be repalced with syn free/low syn sausages, morrisons are 1/2 syn each and are delicous.

Make a list of every type of snacky food you lik and see how you can incorperate it into a plan.

Think quality food. Conjure up your inner snob - ordinary food is not good enough for the likes of you! Sausage rolls - you must be joking - how very downmarket!! Crisps - never.

From now on, only the best for you. Real food, not that rubbish. How much nicer is a fresh and beautiful salad, elegantly laid out on a plate.

Yes, I know this is a bit over the top - but actually it works for me!

I agree 110% with each of these posts! How much do you really want it? x

I can empathise with you it is really hard sometimes to get started. I have dieted for years but as the other messages have said is so true, if your head isn't right you just won't do it and feel far more depressed as a result.

For me my motivation is not only to feel healthier but to wear clothes I am so desperate to wear. To feel good about myself for looking good and not making myself feel good by eating the wrong foods.

If you can get your head in the right place the rest will follow. I started again two weeks ago, but this is my first time with Slimming world and it really is easy, wish i had tried it years ago!!

Good luck!!

This is a major factor for me, and I couldn't agree more. While I also agree that you have to be 'in the right place' mentally, and really have motivation, it will help your focus to consider food to be what it essentially is...fuel.

Food is fuel for your body to operate on a daily basis, and you will function according to the quality of food you put in.

Once you begin thinking in terms of what can give you energy as opposed to what depletes it, or what spikes blood glucose instead of giving you a steady supply of sugar for a prolonged period, you will start to see the benefits of choosing foods carefully.

Nowadays, I don't think 'oh a McDonald's, how disgusting!'. I still like the look and smell of a burger and chips, but when I think about the cholesterol in my arteries, the energy slump I experience shortly after eating all the saturated fat (meat and cheese) and simple carbs (chips, bun), and compare it to how I would feel after a cous cous salad with some lean chicken and olives for example, then it all makes sense.

And with a bit of experimentation and persistance, you WILL develop a taste for other simpler, rawer and more natural foods that will make you feel and function better every day.

And as a bonus, you'll find it a lot easier to lose weight ;)

Back