Reasons for doing LT...

BlackRose

Gold Member
Add your own...

Joint first place
1) Lose weight/get healthy
1)Stop the kids picking up my bad habits. By making them healthy nutritious meals, allowing them to snack only on fruit or veg during the week (treat at weekends) then I get in the habit of cooking healthily and therefore I too will benefit when I'm done with LT. THERE'S NO WAY IT CAN BE BAD!!! lol

2) Get skinny and look good. -All my skinny clothes will get put to use. I'll no longer feel humiliated or depressed when shopping. I'll no longer feel that ppl are looking at me. I'll no longer make the same tired 'wishful thinking' joke when I emerge from fitting rooms with another garment too small.

3) Energy - work, study, playing with the kids, housework. All of this will improve with more energy.

4) To stick two fingers up to all those who have said or who i absolutely know are thinking 'Sh!t, she's let herself go'.

5) So I can begin to like myself before too much of my life has passed by and been wasted on 'when I lose weight...when I'm skinny...'

I think that's enough to keep me going. :D

'Man was made to live, not to prepare to live.'

Hello Rose,

I think you have most of them but one of mine was to live long enough for my children to grow up and have families of their own and enjoy being a grandparent (though hopefully not in the near future!!!!!! My eldest is only 17!!!!)

x

LOL -yes CF I think I have that too, and since my eldest is 12 I'd be quite content to wait some time. if he mimics me I'll be granny at 32! No thank you! lmao

Well, I have to say that dropping 50 lbs has been the best thing I have ever done for myself, my health and hopefully for me, my family and my brother's future. Going to be assesed for a kidney donation to him in October and now that I have just been made redundant, I will be free to have the surgery this year a couple of months after my first granson is born by C-section in a week or two.....so much goin on!!!

Many reasons:

1) to be healthier
2) to prolong my life!
3) to hopefully avert some risk of serious disease like heart disease, diabetes, cancer, strokes etc
4) to feel better about how i look
5) to get slim and have much more choice about the clothes i can buy
6) to get waaaaaaaaay more confidence - will help me socially and at work
7) to be healthy, fit and settled into that routine and feeling before i settle down and have a family (if that is the way my life goes)
8) in short, to change my life :)

Some of these things have been achieved. Some are yet to come, I hope.

Well, I have to say that dropping 50 lbs has been the best thing I have ever done for myself, my health and hopefully for me, my family and my brother's future. Going to be assesed for a kidney donation to him in October and now that I have just been made redundant, I will be free to have the surgery this year a couple of months after my first granson is born by C-section in a week or two.....so much goin on!!!

What a beautiful and generous motivation. I am delighted you've done this and wish you continued success and happiness!!

simples. im fat. hate myself and need to lose weight :p

simples. im fat. hate myself and need to lose weight :p

Oh woman, if you're feeling that way, and I have felt that way, then it is quite simple isn't it? DO what you need to do to learn how to love yourself! Life's too too short to feel that way and you should definitely not hate yourself babes.

Oh woman, if you're feeling that way, and I have felt that way, then it is quite simple isn't it? DO what you need to do to learn how to love yourself! Life's too too short to feel that way and you should definitely not hate yourself babes.

awww thanks black rose. im learning to love myself slowely but its a long journey and the more the weight comes off the more i'll like myself.

confidence will be everything :)

Confidence is the key woman, without it we place our own barriers up in life so keep working on it. And we're here if you ever need to chat. Don't be afraid to PM me either. GOOD LUCK!!

Confidence is the key woman, without it we place our own barriers up in life so keep working on it. And we're here if you ever need to chat. Don't be afraid to PM me either. GOOD LUCK!!

you've made me smile with your compliments :D

That's what this forum is for is it not? And your picture is quite beautiful btw, you should know that and let that be a base to build your confidence on.

To look good for me and my partner, to have more confidence and to live long enough to see my 3 month old baby grow up and have kids of his own.

I'm doing LT because I absolutely love the taste of it :D

As if ;)

I'm doing it for the usual reasons... health, increase life expectancy, fitness, self-confidence (yes... honestly !), more wardrobe choice, to make myself (even more ;)) desirable to the opposite sex.... but most importantly I'm doing it for ME :D

Back