Recipe/meal help?!

divadarling

Hi all,

I'm new to slimming world, in my 3rd day! I've just been looking on the slimming world website for some recipe inspiration and I've managed to confuse myself!

There are loads of recipes on there for meals saying that there free on EE but they don't have a 3rd super free foods. Like egg chips and beans for example. Do we have to add the superfree to these meals then? Or are they ok without?

Thanks in advance! :)

If you're doing EE then you need a third super-free with each meal as a way of limiting your portion size. If you were doing green, egg, (SW) chips and beans would be fine on its own.

Yes, on Extra Easy it is essential that you have you're 1/3rd Superfree.

Why not add some mushrooms, tomatoes and onions to your egg, chips and beans to get your 1/3rd? Simples :)

I looked at the SW website before I joined and thought the same. I started out going to meetings and the SW consultant said that even on EE you don't have to have 1/3 superfree with each meal, just get 5 portions of fruit/veg a day. I've not tested that out though.

Hi hun - I always try and get 1/3 superfree as you def do eat less of the main meal if you do. I made the butternut squash and bacon rissotto and it was really nice but on the side I made a nice side salad ( rocket, sliced peppers, beetroot) and some additional roasted butternut squash on the side !!

I looked at the SW website before I joined and thought the same. I started out going to meetings and the SW consultant said that even on EE you don't have to have 1/3 superfree with each meal, just get 5 portions of fruit/veg a day. I've not tested that out though.

Crikey :eek: I think your consultant needs a refresher course!

Not at all. If you look at the FAQs on the sw website they are clear that the third superfree is not mandatory only recommended. And as the OP said there are several meals online and in recent menu plans that do not have any superfree. Over time the message in class and in online forums like this hasd become that you MUST have it, that it won't work without it and that you're not doing it properly if you don't have lots of superfree with every meal. But really SW are a lot more flexible about it than we are sometimes led to believe :)

I know that (been a member a long time ;)) but I would still expect a consultant to advocate best practice rather than muddy the waters. Having 5 a day doesn't help portion control which is surely one of the key benefits of including superfree in meals.

Beegee said:
I know that (been a member a long time ;)) but I would still expect a consultant to advocate best practice rather than muddy the waters. Having 5 a day doesn't help portion control which is surely one of the key benefits of including superfree in meals.

Not sure portion control is high on the SW priority list.... I've had more than one consultant giving it the eat as much free food as you want and tacking the 'until your no longer hungry ' on as a side thought.

Not sure portion control is high on the SW priority list.... I've had more than one consultant giving it the eat as much free food as you want and tacking the 'until your no longer hungry ' on as a side thought.

I thought the whole idea was to choose SuperFree first, then Free foods/HEx's, and then Syns. By filling up on SuperFree foods, you subconciously limit yourself as to how much of the Free/Synned foods you can eat before becoming full up - hence, portion control.

Princess_Stevie said:
I thought the whole idea was to choose SuperFree first, then Free foods/HEx's, and then Syns. By filling up on SuperFree foods, you subconciously limit yourself as to how much of the Free/Synned foods you can eat before becoming full up - hence, portion control.

In theory but I don't think the consultants push this enough.... A couple of weeks ago I felt really bad in group cos the weekend before I'd eaten a whole punnet of strawberries followed by half a melon, my c just kept saying that's fine as it was all super free but as far as I'm concerned it wasn't, most people would have had a handful of strawberries and a small wedge of melon not the whole lot. I also think a lot of the superfree foods arent necessarily filling... I find I need to eat loads of salad to be full compared to say potatoes or pasta.

I'm not hating on SW at all it's still the best decision I made I just don't think it's very good at teaching portion control.

I almost always have sf on my plate i didnt for the first time the other day as i had fish sw chips and mushy peas the whole point of the low cal sf Is that by putting it on 1/3 of your plate it reduces the amount of higher cal food you put on your plate thus reducing calorie intake so by not having it you are more likely to have more higher cal foods and weightloss Is likely to be slower

Hi divadarling,your superfree question has already been answered but I just wanted to mention that if you are looking for meal ideas,the recipe sticky on this forum has some really great ideas and some posters have put up photos of the food they have cooked. You have everything there from egg and chips to more comlicated meals so something for every occaision and craving. I love looking at this food p*rn, it has me dribbling over the keyboard!

Back