recipes for spinach?

emma-louise

Silver Member
hey everyone :) i was wondering has anyone got any unusual/different recipes for spinach?

i really dont like the taste of it but we have a load of it in the fridge that really needs using up! if anyone knows any good ways to try and disguise the taste i would be most grateful :eek:

thanks in advance Minis!! xx

You can use some in a curry or add a bit in bolognese maybe. Otherwise you can have spinach and quark (instead of ricotta) cannelloni...with lots of parmesan you might not taste the spinach too much x

I often fry mine off with onions & garlic & add to veggies, you can't really taste it much, esp after some seasoning.

Other than that, I bung it in things like cottage pie, lasagne etc

I usually stir it into curries, dal, bolognese and pasta sauces. Otherwise I fry it up with onions, garlic and tomatoes and it's quite nice. Also good as salad leaves, nomnomnom :)

awww thank you everyone lots of nice ideas! im having veggie chilli tomorrow night so might put some in there and see what its like :) and i have a curry planned for friday so going to try that too! xx

SW Quiche bung it in with maybe onions, mushrooms tomatoes etc whatever you fancy

I like a nice side dish which is in one of Jamie's Naked Chef books.
Not syn free but really nice.
Basically fry off some chopped spring onions and garlic, then throw in the spinach, cook it off for a few mins, then add a splash of white wine (half a glass) and let it steam for a bit. Nearer the end throw in some peas and a little bit of butter/spread (really does make a difference) along with seasoning and a bit of nutmeg
It's a couple of syns but really nice

Back