Reclaiming Emma - Getting back to healthy

Hi all!

I'm hoping I can keep this diary up. It will be good to have a place to talk about my weight loss journey.
I started SW last Monday after going to a wedding and seeing a photograph of myself and thinking 'Wow, I do not like what I see and something needs to be done'. I don't feel comfortable or confident in this body AT ALL.

For most of my life I have been a healthy weight but the last few years I have put a lot of weight on due a mixture of poor mental health (being on anti-psychotics that cause weight gain and struggles with binge/comfort eating), stopping smoking and not being able to exercise properly due to a knee condition.

I don't really know what else to write at the moment so will end it here :cool::)

Welcome to MiniMins LunsLavalamp

Just wanted to pop by and wish you well on your weight loss journey and to say well done on stopping smoking:0clapper:

I've had a bad couple of days with binge eating. I feel discouraged.
I need to get back on track today.
I weighed myself this morning and it was 13st 1lbs which means a loss of 2lbs :oops:

Any encouragement would be hugely appreciated.

Well done for being so honest with yourself and your diary too! You have had a couple of bad days. Today isn't a third one. Today is a good day and you can make it happen :) You know from your own experience no doubt that after a few days of good healthy eating the negative feelings about bad days start to fade. Be patient with yourself, think that by Saturday you will feel so much better. Physically for sure but also emotionally. Binge eating takes a toll on you in many ways so view yourself as someone who's recovering from a bout of bad health and be kind to yourself. Don't talk negatively about yourself in your head. You have lost some weight already and will continue to do so, one pound at a time. Don't give up. xx

Thank you, I struggled yesterday with binges and had a bottle of wine. Not good.
Trying to repair the damage today. I will not quit.

Hey! I also really fell off the wagon yesterday and ended up eating practically a whole packet of biscuits plus cake....not happy with myself. But onwards from here now, at the end of the day, what's the alternative to carrying on... We can both do it :) xx

Back