Recommend a sw book pleaaaase!!!!

Discussion in 'Slimming World Off Topic' started by monikah, 2 October 2011 Social URL.

1. monikah

monikah Member

Start Weight:
    13st3lb
    Current Weight:
    12st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st1lb
    Lost(%):
    0st5lb(2.7%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    hi everyone....im totally new to this site so not sure if i am posting in the right place but need a book recommendation! i decided to give sw a try and need the red/green food lists. was just wondering if i can find them in any of the sw books and if so would you have the name of the book for me please? there are so many sw books on the market so i am really confused. or would it be a better idea to register and visit my local sw group and get it from the teamleader?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. ginlin

ginlin Better to Drink your Syns

Start Weight:
    12st10.5lb
    Current Weight:
    11st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st6.5lb
    Lost(%):
    0st12.5lb(7%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I would say that it would be best to join a meeting and get all the up to date information, and access to SW online.

4. Funky_Munky

Funky_Munky Put the kettle on

Start Weight:
    10st12lb
    Current Weight:
    10st12lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    If you join a group you will get all the basic books which includes lists of all the basic free foods. You can also buy the directories at class which have the syns for branded foods but you can find most of this info on the website you would get access to if you joined class or on this website

5. monikah

monikah Member

Start Weight:
    13st3lb
    Current Weight:
    12st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st1lb
    Lost(%):
    0st5lb(2.7%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    ok, so will browse here first and then decide. my local meetings are in the evenings when i have no one to mind my little boy so the only other option is to register online. but thanks :)

6. sarah83

sarah83 I will be a yummy mummy!

Start Weight:
    16st3lb
    Current Weight:
    15st12.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st4.5lb(1.98%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I've got a few of the recipe books and they all have menu ideas in which would probably get you started. Also had a book 'delicious days' I think it was called and was full of red/green day ideas. I got mind ages ago from group but you might be able to find it on amazon?

7. wenchie

wenchie Silver Member

Start Weight:
    18st4lb
    Current Weight:
    12st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    6st3lb(33.98%)
    Diet:
    SW
    Lots of people do take their wee ones to class - would that be something you could do? Especially for the first night to get the books and the new members' talk?

8. solo12

solo12 Guest

I'm rejoining class on Friday and I'll be taking little un with me, in school holidays I have to take all 3 lol - no ones ever said anything & I'm not the only one with little ones there :) x

9. monikah

monikah Member

Start Weight:
    13st3lb
    Current Weight:
    12st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st1lb
    Lost(%):
    0st5lb(2.7%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    yeah, i will probably give it a try and attempt to go with my little boy. hope he won't turn the place upside down :-D......thanks everyone

10. bunnylovesalan

bunnylovesalan Proud Mama :)

remember most recipes you can get on the net and convert them to sw friendly so you don't necessarily have to spend money on 'sw books', also look in the recipe sections to give you ideas :)

11. monikah

monikah Member

Start Weight:
    13st3lb
    Current Weight:
    12st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st1lb
    Lost(%):
    0st5lb(2.7%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    yeah, i know and that's exactly what i do...turn normal recipes into sw ones....my husband is a chef so i have loads of ideas....but the main thing for me is to know which foods (i mean raw foods) have how many syns......i did search here on the other thread but i just feel like there is so much information it's actually confusing. i started to write everything down so it's a bit easier. there is a class tomorrow in my town and i think i will pay a visit....even if just for the first week. anyway.....lost 5lb on my first week so i'm chuffed :)

12. bunnylovesalan

bunnylovesalan Proud Mama :)

yeah definately go class cause you get the book with all the details about what is what with regards to quantities etc

13. kerryathome

kerryathome Silver Member

Start Weight:
    13st11lb
    Current Weight:
    10st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    3st1lb(22.28%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    loads of people take babies and little ones to class, always a good idea to bring along something to keep them occupied though :) x

14. Maximus

Maximus Gold Member

Start Weight:
    17st7lb
    Current Weight:
    10st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st5lb
    Lost(%):
    6st11lb(38.78%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World - The one that works!
    I'm going to be honest here and like most people I was buying the books and losing weight very easily.

I must admit though, that it was more out of habit than anything else. The majority of the recipes didn't interest me. Out of all the books, there were probably 3 or 4 things of interest - and most of them just re-hashed or converted resipes as mentioned.

Just collect your own, read on here, get frrom online or the SW magazine. that way you're collecting the wheat and discarding the chaff;)

Steve

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.