Red Days: Red day favourites.

Discussion in 'Slimming World Recipes' started by FionaMcd, 5 February 2014.

1. FionaMcd

FionaMcd Well-Known Member

Am a sucker for the extra HEX and I love my chicken and meat so I figure I'm gonna stick to the original menu.

I am just interested in other peoples FAVOURITE red day dish.

Mine at the moment is Sichuan chicken which is 1 syn got the recipe from the little book in the last SW mag.

Can't wait to hear. :) xx
  2. Princess_Stevie

Princess_Stevie Well-Known Member

Babybel burgers!

I mix extra lean mince with a chopped red onion, some garlic and chilli and a little splash of soy sauce. I place some of the mixture into my burger press, place a BabyBel on top and then more of the mince mixture. The press will flatten it out into a perfectly round patty! You can do them just as easily by hand - they just tend to be a bit round and un-even. Pop them in the oven for about 20 minutes, turning half way through.

I tend to make two burgers (Syn free as the BabyBels are your HExA) and top them with a slice of bacon, a slice of tomato and some jalapenos. Instead of breadbuns I cut a Weight Watchers wholemeal pitta (HExB) in half so it makes two pockets, and then serve the burgers in those.

Absolutely delicious!! Even my non-SW-following, junk-food-loving boyfriend loves them!
  3. FionaMcd

these sound delicious I shall be trying them out for my hub and I very soon :)
  4. Mum2two87

Mum2two87 Member

Oh yum, I love the babybel burgers!

Mine is prob diet coke chicken :) x
  5. FionaMcd

I love diet coke chicken but I struggle to have it without rice. And I hate using syns on rice :( lol I need those for sweeties xx
  6. Berryred

Berryred Well-Known Member

good old dry fry up for me on a red goes down a treat! Just don't have the beans and voila! Bacon, sausages, loads of tomatoes and mushroom, eggs (poached my favourite atm) 2 slices of 400g wholemeal for a hexb toasted !! yummy
  7. alibalibee

alibalibee gym bunny

I love diet coke chicken too, but I've started using sprite zero instead, makes a really tangy sauce, I have it with pasta (HexB) and grated cheese (HexA) :)