RED NOSE DAY- fancy dress ideas please?

niknaks

Silver Member
Im a secondary teacher and our school is running a fancy dress day Friday 13th March.

Was wondering if anyone had any cheap ideas - obviously funny ones haha! Think it will be interesting to see what people come up with.

Running a little activity with my year 8 special needs class. Guess the number of sweets in the jar..... Simple but effective. I'm sure my class will be excited when i tell them tomorrow they are in charge!

So any ideas are welcome (for fancy dress).

Anybody doing anything for Comic releif this year?:cool:

I'm organising a bake sale at work. We've done it a few times now and the response is always good.

fancy dress ideas for children that are funny...not easy I can only think of adult ones!

I work in a police station so we're limited to a wearing red day...boring. I have supported the celebs climbing Kilamanjaro though!

You could do what Jo Brand did and dress as Brittney Spears in school uniform ;) LOL

[youtube]<object width="480" height="295"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ABTYH5RIjWU&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ABTYH5RIjWU&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="295"></embed></object>[/youtube]

Brave girl and hats off to her!!

That's a good one. Or you could wear 70s or 80s gear. I'm sure you could cobble something together from a charity shop. Stitch in some shoulder pads and bright pink/blue makeup for the 80s. Or go for the Adam and the Ants look

Dress as a member of Slipknot... you won't get a peep out of them all day! LOL!!

Seriously though... could you maybe get together a sort of Harry Potter outfit or something that kids will identify with?

Ha ha Slipknot! Thats cool!
Definitely a character that the children can identify with me thinks!

oooh fancy dress is always hard for school because it needs to be appropriate to wear infront of a classroom full of kids .. how about just coming as an old fashioned school teacher mortar board, cane and all ? spend the day calling them by their surnames

When I was teaching the kids paid £1 to come in their own clothes and we got charged a fiver to come in school uniform!
I broke all the uniform rules (nowt new there did it from being 9 to 16 ) with my parrot swing earrings, striped socks and tie done up incorrectly with only 3 stripes showing, wore as much jewellery as i could find and had an empty Lambert & Butler packet hanging out of my blazer pocket and i asked to borrow a pen from one of the kids every single lesson , the kids loved it, it was quite fun but a bit weird sitting in the staffroom , specially with a year head in grey flannel shorts!

Its my birthday on Red Nose day.
We're going out for a family meal.We are all wearing Red Nose Morcombe & wise T shirts, even hubby. That'll be a first.:happy096:

ooooh... you could go as Vicky Pollard.... that shouldn't be too hard and it'll be someone they recognise, and it'd be great fun to let your hair down for the day and be a teenager!
Ummm... apart from that I'll have a think.... I am going to watch fame in Bristol this weekend and we're dressing up 80's fame style... leg warmers and sweat bands! Woop!

Marilyn Monroe? She's an iconic image... though maybe not to the very young (but you'll go down a storm in the staff room! LOL!)

Could you dress as someone/something related to your subject maybe? Like if you're a physics teacher, Michael Faraday, or RE, Our Lady? Well, maybe not them but you get the idea! If you come up with a shortlist of costumes you could maybe get the kids to vote on what you come in?
The Stella McCartney t-shirts are fabulous, I have to say - nice quality, well cut and I LOVE the pics! Can't decide between M&W or Madonna though...

Back