Red wine query..... < hic> :) xx

ammixx

So... can someone confirm please - a 75 cl bottle of red is 25.5 syns? My book says 8.5 syns for a 250 ml glass? Also, if I wanted to use it in my casserole, do you count syns for that or not as the alcohol will burn off ... <desperate, or what???. :) xx

I think used in a casserole etc it remains same because any other sauce like sweet chilli still remains synned. I don't drink alcohol though so I can't say for sure the syns though. Hope someone can confirm for you, Natalie

I think used in a casserole etc it remains same because any other sauce like sweet chilli still remains synned. I don't drink alcohol though so I can't say for sure the syns though. Hope someone can confirm for you, Natalie
Hey Natalie !!! My partner in poo :):) Glad to report that department is improved massively. Fybrogel - I needed something - of some bulk, I guess is the way to put it? - to push out - and taa daa!!! it s getting better :) Thanks for your poo advice :) So, you're a non-starter on the booze front eh? Well, my neighbour/friend, who is also in nursing seldom drinks so i think there's a lesson in there. However, tonight I want to be reckless - bent backwards over the hostess trolley, as Victoria would say, so am going to go nuts n have a cheeky shiraz or two (all synned obviously)... and yes - the French beef casserole making beautiful music on the stove - the wine had to be counted :( Quel dommage, as they say across the Channel :) xx

Haha glad I could help in the poo dept ;)

I'm not saintly in the booze area. I used to be a thu-sun kinda girl but I think being in this job you either hit the bottle or avoid it. A lot of nurses hsve few drinks after every shift. I worked in medical receiving so I daily dealt with people in alcohol withdrawal, ALD etc.. most of them ages with me or not much older! Scary. So it does put me off. Plus one drink and I'm hungover for 2 days haha not fun with a toddler. My partner doesn't drink alcohol either so its not something we ever really think about. I do occasionally enduldge in a cocktail though ;) sometimes we just need a bit of what we fancy! And if you fancy red wine, you should just go for it! The craving just gets stronger more we try to avoid things!

Have a good weekend, Natalie x

Back