Refeed Diary!!

TracyJ

Gold Member
Day 1
Breakfast - LT shake or maintenance formula.
Lunch - LT shake or maintenance.
Dinner - 4oz chicken, diced and fried in a little water. 1 tablespoon of cabbage.

Day 2
Breakfast - LT shake/maintenance
Lunch - Small bowl of salad with tin of Tuna.
Dinner - Steamed cod fillet with 1 tabespoon of green veg.

Day 3
Breakfast- LT shake/maintenance.
Lunch - 4oz chicken breast with small bowl of salad.
Dinner - Steamed white fish with 1 tablespoon of green veg and small jacket potato(moisten with bit of skimmed milk).

Day 4
Lunch - 2 slices of WW danish bread, thin spread of low fat mayo and 1 slice of low fat meat( tesco light/WW). 1 small piece of fruit.
Dinner - Steamed fillet of fish, 4oz boiled rice, heaped tablespoon of sweetcorn. 1 fat free WW yogurt.

Day 5
Lunch - 2 slices WW bread, low fat mayo and 1 slice of low fat meat. 1 small piece of fruit.
Dinner - 4oz chicken breast, fried in a little water, half a jar of WW sweet and sour sauce, 4oz boiled rice. 1 fat free WW yogurt.

Day 6
Breakfast - LT shake/maintenance.
Lunch - Small jacket potato with Tin of Tuna, no butter. Small piece of fruit.
Dinner - 4oz diced chicken breast in a wholemeal pitta with 1-2 tablespoons of cabbage. WW fat free yogurt.

Day 7
Breakfast - LT shake/maintenance.
Lunch - 2 slices WW bread, low fat mayo and 1 slice of low fat meat. 1 small piece of fruit.
Dinner - 4oz diced chicken, 4oz pasta, half a jar of WW pasta sauce. WW Fat free yogurt.

Here is my refeed diary guys hope it can help and reassure some of you. Ill answer any questions too if you have any, i was petrified when i started this but did it and have maintained...best of luck xxx

Question please: Were you hungry on that???? Or am I just comparing to my old portions! I am hoping my stomach has shrunk so that much food will have me full.....will it?

Trace, thought you could have 2 HEAPED tbsps of veg???
Only things different I will try is in all honesty I will go 6oz and where you had bread I will have a small wholemeal pitta as I want to try to get away from bread and can I have brown rice instead of white. Otherwise thats a great help cheers babe xxxxx

Sara i wasnt hungry at all, i personally started off on the smallest possible portions while my stomach was still really small and then built up slowly over the weeks. If you have bigger portions straight away then you can only get bigger...that make sense?

Gaz that sounds good about the pitta WW bread is great though and has tons less calories.
1 tablespoon in first few days babe xxx

Tracy
Thanks for posting that. Im sure it will be a great help to those nearing refeed. What are you eating now that you are maintaining. Im on 2 maint prods and low fat meal, so looking for some dinner ideas? Im having chicken/fish and veg/salad. Am rarely having potatoes and havent had any rice or pasta yet. Had homemade beef burgers today made with extra lean mince, they were yummy.

Tonight hun i had the same as my day 1 refeed! Chicken and cabbage...much more cabbage though. I have most normal meals now to be honest just everything is made with no or hardly any fat and all low fat sauces! I have weetabix for breakfast and a sanwich for lunch xxx

Well it seems to be working for you, well done.
Debating whether to come off the lt maintenance myself and just go low fat/low gi until I can get back on tfr. I calorie pointed the maint stuff using ww system, so with me having 2 maint prods (normally bar for brekkie - 4pts, soup for lunch -2pts) and including my low fat meal Im eating roughly between 8-12 ww points a day, for my weight I should be eating 22 if I was doing ww, and would have to eat a minimum of 18. Just wondering if I stick to the maint the way Im doing it and when Im finished follow a ww type eating plan am I going to pile the weight on cos I will be eating considerably more??? Its all so confusing

I know what you mean hun but ti thought that about refeed! I couldnt understand how you can start eating and not gain weight! Very confusing...my weetabix and skimmed milk are less calories than maintenance hun!! xxx

This is a massive help Tracy, thanks for doing it. It does seem like small portions but what you say makes sense and by the end of the week you can have a yoghurt so thats fab!
I bet its just hard to get into (just like the first weeks of tfr) but after the first week it'll be fine. Thanks again hun xxx

I know what you mean hun but ti thought that about refeed! I couldnt understand how you can start eating and not gain weight! Very confusing...my weetabix and skimmed milk are less calories than maintenance hun!! xxx

Ye exactly Tracey I could have porridge/weetabix for brekkie and tuna salad for lunch and it would still be less ww points than whats in the bars and soups....so confusing.
Will keep at it for another week or so, have wkend away coming up so have to be good

Hey Bindi
When are you planning to go back on TFR? Have you been talking to people who have done LT a second time successfully? I'm a bit worried if I take a break I won't get back onto it. I have a suspicion, that if you gain back the weight you lost, that's what makes it hard to get back on. But that might be wishful thinking?

TracyJ
Did you say before that you did refeed over three weeks?

Guen

Gaz that sounds good about the pitta WW bread is great though and has tons less calories.

Another idea for bread is from the GI diet. Buy 100% wholemeal or stoneground brown bread which has at least 3g fibre in each slice. I got some with 4.5g fibre in each slice and it keeps you feeling full for ages with the amount of fibre in it. I have it with tinned salmon (no mayo) and cucumber and its really tasty.

Hi Tracy
Thanks 4 posting that.
How many weetabix are u eating 1 or 2.
Is it just me but im suffering terrible with stomach gas. Is it the green veg or what. My stomach was like a football this morning. I ate about 10 raw sugarsnap peas yesterday with prawns (day 6 of refeed). It would want to sort itself out soon. Have i poisoned myself or something.

Helena

Hey Bindi
When are you planning to go back on TFR? Have you been talking to people who have done LT a second time successfully? I'm a bit worried if I take a break I won't get back onto it. I have a suspicion, that if you gain back the weight you lost, that's what makes it hard to get back on. But that might be wishful thinking?

TracyJ
Did you say before that you did refeed over three weeks?

Guen

Hi Guen
I was only able to do tfr for 4 wks before refeed for a wk before my summer hol (a wk away), I have loads on socailly over the next few weeks so thats why Im doing the maintenance plan, but may switch to a ww type plan. I can commit to going back on tfr mid Sept if needs be, am hoping to lose a good chunk of the weight doing the maintenance/ww so will have to wait and see in Sept. Would love to get down to 10 and a half to 11 stone. Havent heard from anyone thats on it for the 2nd time round, but I believe its hard, I found first time round that the first week was a doddle.

Trace when you say Maintenence formula,basically thats a caramel bar or any ofthe others, right? Did you not have any snacks that it says you can have???? xxx

Hi Bindi,

After my proposed break I would be going back on TFR mid September too! I'd have a six week gap from August 5th to mid September.
We can restart together, unless I change my mind about the break. Did u mind coming off it?

Guen

No I didnt mind coming off it as I had wanted to be able to eat and have a few drinks while I hols, turns out I drank little or no alchol on hols and was raging cos I would have been able to stick to tfr while away so realistically I could have stayed on tfr for another 4 wks before my wkend away next wkend (hen wkend so defo will be drinking involved).
Is there a certain weight you need to lose in order for the chemist to allow you to do tfr. Ive lost 24lb and would like to lose another 30 or so. Hoping to lose a stone if not more over next few wks to take me up to sept before I could go back on the tfr.

Hi Guen
I was only able to do tfr for 4 wks before refeed for a wk before my summer hol (a wk away), I have loads on socailly over the next few weeks so thats why Im doing the maintenance plan, but may switch to a ww type plan. I can commit to going back on tfr mid Sept if needs be, am hoping to lose a good chunk of the weight doing the maintenance/ww so will have to wait and see in Sept. Would love to get down to 10 and a half to 11 stone. Havent heard from anyone thats on it for the 2nd time round, but I believe its hard, I found first time round that the first week was a doddle.

this wasnt my second but third time lucky doing LT!!!
First time i lasted 3 wks got really sick and had to come off it, second time i only managed 3 days and this last time i did 7 wks! I found it easier this time round but thats just me lol im kinda crazy

Hey hun,
I've heard different things about how much weight you need to lose, from 3stone, 1 stone and a BMI over 25. It seems different chemists say different things too!
My chemist doesn't seem to want me to go below 11 stone. At 5ft 1 I think she's feckin' crazy. But the other girl in the same pharmacy thinks I'm not ok til below BMI 25! Ah I give up!

Guen

Back