Restarting SW, newbie!

rhilings

Hi all :) I've posted once or twice before but I'm starting from scratch.

My name's Rhiannon, I'm 21 and this will be my third time doing Slimming World. The first time I lost just under a stone, the second time I lost just over a stone and since then I've been to uni and piled on a whopping 3 stone! Somehow I thought eating takeaways 4 times a week wouldn't affect me :rolleyes: After my second successful attempt I weighed in at 11st6lbs. I'm now around 14st5lbs.
I've decided - with some help from you lovely people, hopefully! - that I can't carry on like this, I need to stop blaming everyone and everything else in my life for putting on the pounds and get to a happy, maintainable (is that a word?!) weight and lead a better lifestyle :D
I've been overweight since I can remember and I really think it's holding me back from being the person I want to be. I hate going out and talking to guys, I hate clothes shopping and I don't do the things I want to do purely because I feel fat and frumpy.
So I've decided that I'm gonna take control of my life, cut out my unhealthy habits and start living!! By my 23rd birthday (June 2013), which is a month away from my graduation (THANK GOD!), I want to be a slim, happy, healthy size 8-10. But for now, I want to be a size 12 by the time I go back to uni in September. And I want to wear a stunning Lipsy dress and shoes which are shockingly impractical on my first fresher's night back and get chatted up by some fit blokes :p
I'll stop waffling now! :)

And I have to tell someone; I quit smoking 13 days ago, I haven't told anyone yet but I'm doing really well and it's given me the boost I need to lose some weight!

What a brilliant start :) you sound a lot like me to be honest, i quit smoking a few weeks before joining slimming world and haven't looked back since :) if you can quit smoking then getting to target should be a doddle.

If you get a diary going i'll be sure to pop in and say hello now and again but sounds like you're pretty focussed!

Best of luck on your journey :)

:) Well done on taking control Rhi! I wish I had known now what I thought I knew when I was 21!! just don't set yourself goals that are too big to start with xx Extra easy is the easiest diet I have ever done, I am just re joining SW after 5 months on LL where I lost 42 lbs but I just need to eat and with this plan you can eat properly, make sure you count your syns and measure your Hex's xxx well done on rejoining it is hard isnt it x

My name's Rhiannon, I'm 21 and this will be my third time doing Slimming World. The first time I lost just under a stone, the second time I lost just over a stone and since then I've been to uni and piled on a whopping 3 stone! Somehow I thought eating takeaways 4 times a week wouldn't affect me :rolleyes: After my second successful attempt I weighed in at 11st6lbs. I'm now around 14st5lbs.
I've decided - with some help from you lovely people, hopefully! - that I can't carry on like this, I need to stop blaming everyone and everything else in my life for putting on the pounds and get to a happy, maintainable (is that a word?!) weight and lead a better lifestyle :D
I've been overweight since I can remember and I really think it's holding me back from being the person I want to be. I hate going out and talking to guys, I hate clothes shopping and I don't do the things I want to do purely because I feel fat and frumpy.
So I've decided that I'm gonna take control of my life, cut out my unhealthy habits and start living!! By my 23rd birthday (June 2013), which is a month away from my graduation (THANK GOD!), I want to be a slim, happy, healthy size 8-10. But for now, I want to be a size 12 by the time I go back to uni in September. And I want to wear a stunning Lipsy dress and shoes which are shockingly impractical on my first fresher's night back and get chatted up by some fit blokes :p

And I have to tell someone; I quit smoking 13 days ago, I haven't told anyone yet but I'm doing really well and it's given me the boost I need to lose some weight!

It's great you are so determined! Also, in giving up smoking people automatically think you will pile on the pounds - not always so - when I gave up, I couldnt stop eating fruit and drinking water!

Lots of luck to you - my daughter went to uni last Sept and has managed to lose a stone by going to SW. She says its hard with all the booze and takeaways around but she has done it and so will you! x

:) Well done on taking control Rhi! I wish I had known now what I thought I knew when I was 21!! just don't set yourself goals that are too big to start with xx Extra easy is the easiest diet I have ever done, I am just re joining SW after 5 months on LL where I lost 42 lbs but I just need to eat and with this plan you can eat properly, make sure you count your syns and measure your Hex's xxx well done on rejoining it is hard isnt it x

I love what you have said here - when I was 21 I calorie counted and even weighed cabbage and carrots lol!

SW is so user friendly and best of all - no need to go hungry x

Aww thanks everyone :D after a completely awful day yesterday I've come back to this post to remind me of why I'm doing it and you've all really spurred me on and cheered me up!
Unfortunately I had an asthma attack yesterday (I think it has something to do with the coughing and anxiety from not smoking) and lost focus, I'm not gonna beat myself up about it cause at the end of the day it's one hiccup in a long journey and I refuse to let it get to me!
Back to it today :D thank you everyone for all your lovely comments!

:patback::patback:Hi rhilings do you see this ------------------------------- its the line drawn from yesterday. Thats gone, done and dusted, today is another day, if you are good to the plan 100% the plan will be good to you. You will do well on S W, it rocks

I had to comment, your post made me smile you sound so lovely :) especially about the gorgeous dress.and impractical shoes. Sounds like a plan! Haha!
Sorry to hear about your asthma attack, I gave up smoking a year ago after my (always mild before) asthma decided to suddenly become severe during a bout of flu. Even with that reason to quit it is a very tough thing to do so well done to you! Just stick with it and I know you will prob feel worse before you feel better but just imagine your lungs finally being able to breathe easily and that was enough to keep me going!
As for sw, have a go at making sw friendly versions of your fave takeaways, there's recipes for doner style kebebs, pizza and KFC style chicken to name but a few. It's well worth the effort to wear a fabulous dress and impractical shoes to meet the man of your dreams on freshers night ;) good luck and you will do it. Xx

rhilings said:

Hi hun just thought I would say hi and good luck on your journey! :) i'm 21 as well and started at 14st 6lbs so we're very similar! I have lost 21.5lb since the beginning of jan and feel great - i'm sure you'll be feeling the same in no time! X x

Hi Rhiannon
welcome back to our fabulous club, we're all in the same boat trying to achieve our personal weight loss goals, I wish you all the luck in the world x

Hi all, thank you for all the lovely comments (Again! Enough to restore my faith in humanity after living in Portsmouth and Cardiff :p)
I have to say, I'd forgotten about the sheer volume of food you eat on SW!! STUFFED doesn't even cover it! I suppose (and I'm guessing this applies to a lot of you too) I'd gotten into the habit of feeling a bit guilty and ashamed when I'd eaten a big plate of food, even if I was starving and the food was relatively healthy.
I'm so glad SW exists, it's literally the anti-diet :D now if you'll excuse me I'm off to munch on a huge pile of syn-free snacks :) and when I come to my weigh-in day and I've lost weight I'll be extremely smug and full of delicious foody treats instead of hungry and pathetic like I was when I was dieting!

P.S. 17 days and counting! *sings* I can breathe clearly now the smoke has gone...!! :D

Back