Rice pudding

Emmajoyce

Will be a skinny mini!
Hey all anybody got the recipe for this and a step by step guide of how to cook it thanks x

Emma x

Hi

I cook mine in half skimmed milk/ half water, bring to boil and let simmer.. I add sweetener and vanilla extract. Let it simmer uncovered . Stirrring frequently and adding extra liquid f it seems to all be disappearing.. It takes about 20mins.

I let it go cold before putting in to fridge.

Yum :)

Ive made rice pudding using diet cream soda, was mentioned at class, tastes a lot better once cold from fridge x

I usually just shake the rice in.. Don't weigh.. Launch double amount of milk in to the rice... Skimmed. Simmer and keep topping up. I'd start with 100g of rice .. Lasts a good few days in fridge :)

I usually do one cup of rice to 2 cups of cold water. into a saucepan and let it cook really really slowly (might be about 45mins). Top up with water while cooking if drying out. When it is cooked I mix through a pot or two of the Danone Vanilla fat free yogurt to make it creamy.

Pile it high with some strawberries or raspberries and you have a syn free desert!

this will make 2 decent portions

1cup pudding rice, 2 cups boiling water into small pan with lid on. Reduce heat as low as possible and leave untouched for 15 min. Stir in sweetener to taste and yoghurt. I like vanilla best of all. This makes 1 good size portion. Serve with fruit for ee plan.

This is my recipe for rice pudding and we love it.:gimi:
Rice Pudding Serves 4 Green and Extra EasyServe with fresh fruit or a spoonful of reduced sugar jam (2 syns).

140gpudding rice
600ml milk skimmed 2 oranges,zested and juiced
200ml water
5 tbl sweetener 4 tbl crème fraiche or fromage frais
Vanilla essence
nutmeg

Method
1.Boil the rice in a pan with the milk, orange zest, juice, and water and thenadd the sweetner, and vanilla essence, grate over the nutmeg.
2.Cover, and cook on the hob at a very low heat for 15 - 20 minutes. Stirringevery now and then, I use a non-stick pan.
3.Remove from the heat, stir in the fromage frais or crème fraiche
4. Serve with your own favouriteaccompaniment. We love it with rhubarb stewed, or driedapricots, a little honey or a spoonful of fruit compote! But add the syns forany extras.

This is my recipe for rice pudding and we love it.:gimi:
Rice Pudding Serves 4Green and Extra EasyServe with fresh fruit or a spoonful of reduced sugar jam (2 syns).

140gpudding rice
600ml milk skimmed 2 oranges,zested and juiced
200ml water
5 tbl sweetener 4 tbl crème fraiche or fromage frais
Vanilla essence
nutmeg

Method
1.Boil the rice in a pan with the milk, orange zest, juice, and water and thenadd the sweetner, and vanilla essence, grate over the nutmeg.
2.Cover, and cook on the hob at a very low heat for 15 - 20 minutes. Stirringevery now and then, I use a non-stick pan.
3.Remove from the heat, stir in the fromage frais or crème fraiche
4. Serve with your own favouriteaccompaniment. We love it with rhubarb stewed, or driedapricots, a little honey or a spoonful of fruit compote! But add the syns forany extras.
How many syns in that? The milk, orange juice and creme fraiche would need synning.
still sounds nice.

i tried cooking the rice in water and stirring in a muller yogurt to make a muller rice type thing, I needed to cook my rice a bit longer but will try again.

I find the recipe is suffient for 6 people, so really the ingredients go further. I suppose it depends how hungry one is!!!

mines is very basic but lovely comfort food:

1 cup pudding rice
3 cups of Kara coconut milk (taken from allowance)
cap of vanilla extract
Splenda to taste...

Simmer until rice is cooked yum.....

Back