Rice recipe please

slimmingmummy

I brought some rice yesterday but iv no idea of what i can cook with it any ideas please.

How about some egg fried rice to have with a stir fry? Or a risotto or a paella? If you liked smoked haddock you could make kedgeree with it too :) Or have it with a curry/chilli?

Or you could cook the rice, add some cheese (mozzarella or parmesan would be good), garlic powder or flakes (you could use chilli instead if you like chilli powder), salt and pepper and 1 or 2 eggs depending on how much rice you cook. Mix it all together then let it stand for about 15 minutes before rolling the mixture into balls. Roll the rice balls in a HexB of wholemeal breadcrumbs per person and bake at 210 for about 20 minutes.

xxx

Ooh Sian I like the idea of the rice balls, I'll be making them shortly! Just tried your egg fried rice out for my lunch at work tomorrow. It looks and smells nice so thank you :D

How do you make that please?

Here you are!

Cheats Vegetable Biryani, free on Green/Extra Easy, serves 4.

2 garlic cloves
2 onions
frylight
2 tsp garam masala
pinch of chilli powder
1lb/454 frozen mixed veg
2lbs/908g cooked rice, coloured with a pinch of turmeric
2x 400g cans chopped tomatoes
4 tbsp freshly chopped coriander
8 tbsp very low fat natural yoghurt
pinch of paprika

Peel and crush garlic and peel and chop onions. Spray pan with frylight and add garam masala, garlic, onions and chilli powder and fry for 1-2 mins.

Add the frozen veg, rice, tomatoes, 2 tbsp of coriander and 1/4 pint (142ml) water. Bring to the boil then reduce the heat and cover. Cook for 20 mins until the liquid has absorbed.

Divide between 4 bowls, and top with yoghurt, pinch of paprika and coriander.

Back