Ring adjusters

Snorks

Does anyone know where to get this sort of thing on the highstreet or cheaper online?

Ring Adjusters (10)

My friends' little girl waved enthusiastically yesterday so I waved back equally enthusiastically and my engagement ring flew off my finger! :eek: (and :D).

Last night I tied some thread around my engagement and wedding rings so they are a teeny bit tighter and less likely to come off indivually, but the thread is already unravelling. I'll get them resized at some point but not yet.

I don't really want to spend £8 incl p&p for a tiny piece of plastic tube if I can help it, although I will of course if it means I don't lose my rings. So, any stockists or other ideas?

My best advice to you hun, is to go to a jeweller, not necessarily a chain one either, and get them all professionally re sized. Worth it in the long run as you would never want to loose such precious items like wedding or engagement rings. The extra gold could probably go into another ring to make something new. Don't fiddle about with plastic things <G>

Sorry just my 2p - my dad was a jewellery for years and I know he would advise same.

Jez
xx

Snorks, I have been wearing my wedding rings on my middle finger for months!! I was terrified as they kept flying off!!

I saw a jewler - the only trouble is I have an inscription in my ring, and they are going to have to cut out a fair chunk, so it will read something other - and, lol, it could even end up sounding rude! So been reluctant to do so - but I misssssss having myrings on the right finger.

Let me know what you decide to do, and if those things you are talking about work.

xx

I got my dads engagement ring when he died earlier this year, it was too big for my pinky and too small for my next finger. I couldnt get it resized as it would damage the inscription so I went to H Samuels and bought a gold insert for it, it cost about £8 and its a small strip which clips in the inside of the ring and makes it smaller, when I have the ring on its totally invisible. Id defintiely recommend it

ive been wearing my wedding and engagement rings on my middle finger fro months now too - i'm going to get the resized when i have maintained for a year.

i have another ring i wear on my thumb which i love but i have 'lost' it a couple of times recently - once in the washing and once luckily in my car. its a silver open- weave type one that won't be able to resize so i know that i am destined to lose it as it's too big for any other finger now!

i will be sad, but i suppose it's a small price to pay really for having slim hands

daisy x

I only have one ring that 'fits' now but it's still a bit big. It's one my auntie left to me so going to get it resized when I've maintained for a year.
I was devastated last year when I lost my beautiful silver ring from Tiffany's. It's somewhere in a Tesco car park, that's all I know. It had got way too big and just slipped off without me noticing :-(

freaky....there's a ring advert at the bottom of the page-do they spy on what we're talking about?

My LLC gives them to us for nothing. If you want to PM me your address ill be happy to post you a few.

I did speak to a few highstreet jewellers about those inserts Starlight but they said that they will only make 1/2 - 1 size difference and my fingers are currently 5 or 6 sizes smaller than my rings!

Jezebella - I will definitely get them resized but it seems silly to do so now when I still have a few stones to go. We bought them from a 'proper' 'jobbing' jeweller as we bought them on the spur of the moment and with only 30 hours notice before we were off to get married so I will go back to them to get them sorted but I need to keep them safe in the meantime. I am worried though that cutting out a big chunk from my engagement ring will really affect the stone setting...I'll just have to ask the question I guess rather than worry about it.

Like you BL, I would really like to wear them on my ring finger but I guess I can swap fingers for a bit, I've just tried them on my middle finger, they fit but it feels very weird! Or I might have to buy myself a chain to wear them around my neck for a while, rather than risk losing them.

RR - I can imagine how upset you were, I'm not really a very sentimental person but I'd be absolutely gutted to not have my rings anymore. I was thinking that maybe a year of maintenance should be my goal for getting them resized so am glad you are thinking the same.

I only have one ring that 'fits' now but it's still a bit big. It's one my auntie left to me so going to get it resized when I've maintained for a year.
I was devastated last year when I lost my beautiful silver ring from Tiffany's. It's somewhere in a Tesco car park, that's all I know. It had got way too big and just slipped off without me noticing :-(

:( shame that. I also lost a very beautiful torquoise ring that I cherished. Its on a train somewhere going back and forth to Brighton. :D

Oh well. Small price to pay really - but still a bummer. :)

My LLC gives them to us for nothing. If you want to PM me your address ill be happy to post you a few.

Seriously? I'll ask mine tomorrow but if she doesn't do them then I'd love to take you up on your offer :thankyou:

Hi Snorks

I have to wear my wedding ring on my long finger at the mo and felt wierd to start but then fine. Now starting to get a bit loose even on that finger. Gone from an O+ to a J ring finger size :eek:.

Jeweller said he could resize the original using a special machine that will evenly squeeze all round and preserve the pattern. Not sure this would be possible with an engagement ring though. I feel a bit naked without a ring on my wedding ring finger and am considering buying a cheap gold band to wear for the time being. xx

Snorks - My LLC had a Jeweller that lost loads with her, and so gave her them for the rest of her clients! Ill grab some tonight when I go to my weigh in.

You're a star mel - thank you!

I got the plastic things for you. Let me know if you need them!!

I've pm'd you Melarnz!

Back