Rosebug's Diary [back on the chain gang~]

Morning Rose, any better love?

yes love how are you feeling today?

Made it through morning classes. Shattered and heading home now - shame about the 2 hr commute.

Had serious carb cravings this morning. Don't know if this was because I felt too I'll for breakfast, because of totm, because I'm in a sad mood, because of the pancake mix yesterday... All I wanted was something sharp like orange juice. Weight is also up by a couple of lbs water weight so I hope that drips off by sun.

And my stomach is ver queasy today. Think I'll blame it all on the low carb pancakes for now.

aww no hope you get 100% better soon. dont worry about the scales and carving orange juice thats mental ;) xxxxx

You definitely shouldn't be worrying about what you're eating just now Rose. The important thing is that you feel better and to do that you have to listen to your body.

Hugs Rose :hug99: hope you start feeling better soon, and I don't think what I have is catching, tis all my body's own (monthly) work - just hyped to the max for a nice change!

Probably my most out of control food day since week 3 and the ill fated polyol consumption.

Food today:

Tea
3g

quarter pounder no bun/condiments
5g

3 strawberries and a bite of 2 more.
6g

2sq g&b
2g

2/3 salmon, spinach & watercress omelette
5g

TOTAL: 21g

Haven't actually eaten the chicken yet but if I want anything later thats all I'm having. The strawberries I picked up as they were super cheap in waitrose and on their last day of sale and I've been desperate for fruit. I meant to only eat two and obviously failed at that. Could have eaten the whole punnet, though, it's the only food that's been tasty to me since mon.

I swear I have heightened senses right now. Today I could smell people eating fruity sweets or gum from feet away.

Don't undo the good work. Don't undo the good work. Don't undo the good work.

Last edited:
Defo don't undo all your good work! Compared to what I am eating you dont seem to eat that much....is that because you dont feel hungry or fancy anything? Hope you get over the cravings my lovely.

Have a nice a evening x x

At the moment it's very hard to make myself eat, I have no appetite. Which is a pain as I lose best when I eat more.

At the moment it's very hard to make myself eat, I have no appetite. Which is a pain as I lose best when I eat more.[/QUOTE

Well I hope you get your appetite back soon sweetie. Hows your day been? Im reading through everyones diaries trying to find some inspiration as I dont seem to be getting anywhere...apart from getting heavier!!

xxx

At the moment it's very hard to make myself eat, I have no appetite. Which is a pain as I lose best when I eat more.

I know it is hard when you feel like that, just eat a little when you feel like it, don't force it, you will get there xxx

I'll send you some of my appetite! I don't see how you can consider that out of control. When you've been unwell you have to eat what you fancy and your body is telling you it needs fruit.

Hi Rose(((hugs)))) to you. You are going through so much at the moment and prehaps you need to listen to your body and take time out for YOU. Easier said than done but obviously needed.
Bless you Rose.

Morning Rose, any better today love?

Yes thank you Jim, think I'm gradually getting there, between bouts of epic sleeping.

The trouble with listening to my body is my body would tell me to buy out the fruit counter of the local grocery store, and then I'd come out of ketosis and put on weight and then it would tell me' I might as well have a biscuit. I have just over a stone to go to be overweight rather than obese for the first time in my adult life and I refuse to derail that or slow it down. Once I'm safely there I might think about adding in a couple of OWL foods - natural yogurt and berries in small amounts (keeping under 20g carbs) and see if that's doable. But not until I'm bmi 29.

Didn't eat that chicken breast last night, will edit food list, but had it with mayo just now. Still no real appetite.

I know, I'm rarely ill myself, but when I am I always crave carbs, not sure why Rose

It's not even carbs in ye olde traditional sense. I can stare at a row of cakes and muffins (and do, at the hospital most days) and that all looks like it would taste of cardboard too. But I am sure that's the ketosis and if I had the fruit I want, I wouldn't have that barrier. Am drinking some no sugar lemon fizzy instead. <3

I know, I'm rarely ill myself, but when I am I always crave carbs, not sure why Rose

Thats me to a tee Jim, which is why I am not posting my food currently. Not sure it is helping though, think my body is so unused to it all now that is has rebelled!

Glad you are feeling a little better Rose, the sleep really helps doesn't it? xx

I think things like toast and that always feel like they'll be settling to an upset stomach, wheras something proteiny can seem like the least appealing option. Seems to be the case whether you're low carbing or not. But I shall resist the evils of fruit even if I don't manage to eat much otherwise.

hi rosebug, how did your day go? Did you resist the fruit even with sparse food options available?

Back