Rosebug's Diary [back on the chain gang~]

Morning Bren, yes love those moments steal up on you love

aw bren, sad. but necessary. i keep thinking of steve's dad that way too. and my friend that died 20 yrs ago, there are still times i just catch a glimpse of her in my mind, the tears are never far away. but it gets put in its place, kinda.

rose, go girl, back into the fold soon, yay!

Freeeezing on a platform at new Malden right now. Pointless lecture today followed by appointment to show my writing to the uni's royal literary fellow. Argh, nerves!

Morning Rose, it started cold here but it's nice now :)

Morning Rose:). Im sure your writing review will go well. Good luck:D

Well it has turned into a mega sunny day (am boiling in giant coat & jumper) and the literary fellow said I was the most talented new writer he'd seen in his 2 year placement. May fall over for both reasons.

Wow that's amazing. Well done :D

Urrgh longest train journey ever.

I was thinking, on the walk home, I wonder if my nausea from before had something to do with high levels of ketosis. Right now my ketostix are showing a light pink. Before I came off Atkins, despite being very hydrated, they were showing the very darkest colour. I know ketosis can cause loss of appetite, which I was struggling with, I wonder if it also causes nausea.

Anyway since being back in ketosis the nausea has gone, and I'm interested in food again - in fact I'm basically doing add a meal with the packs to get myself back onto Atkins proper.

This time I think I'll try to keep my sticks in the middle of the pink spectrum.

Oooh, nice boost to the ego Rose, that must have been nice to hear. :)

Huge hugs to Bren. Poor lovey. xxx

That must have been a huge boost Rose!

Do you think the nausea may have been worry related at all? Reading back over some posts you had that upset over your writing being similar to another storyline.. I know I have found that times when the mind is working overtime it makes some of my other functions a bit off :eek: Then when I am happier they seem to get back to normal (headaches and sickness can be my thing). Although sometimes I think we are just under the weather and will never be able to point a finger of blame! Glad you are getting the appetite back xx

No, the nausea went on for a couple of weeks before I was basically forced to come off Atkins because I couldn't eat, everything tasted awful, I had no energy and was feeling nauseous all day every day. I stayed on as long as I could but as I was barely managing a meal a day I decided to come off plan - wish I hadn't, thanks to the stupid gain when I was still barely eating, just yogurt and fruit - but looking back I do know something was necessary. I should have tried increasing my carbs, but with how sick I was feeling, considering eating more wasn't what came to mind. It's taken around a week to feel stronger and lose the nausea, and I've been on meal replacement packs for half of that.

My blood pressure is in my boots right now and the illness did come after an incident where I think I had a bit of a hypotensive episode -passed out etc. My blood pressure is naturally low but not usually that bad. And I've had some serious illnesses in my past which means my nutrition is monitored by my gp so have had a full blood panel I'm waiting on the results for...

God I do ramble. Long story short, the worry over the story lasted one morning and came after the illness. Just wondering as I feel better for being in ketosis, if being in such heavy ketosis for so long might not have been ideal and a mid level could work better.

I think you may be right with the adding carbs back in element. I dabble in GL at times - maybe carbs with a low GL could be something to consider if you feel yourself go to heavy into Ketosis again.

Maybe consider things such as the Soya & Linseed Bread, Rough Porridge Oats (gosh can salivate just thinking of a bowl of porridge with a little cream), a little three grain rice or cous cous .. things along that line perhaps?

Hope the blood tests come back ok xx

Back