Running

Discussion in 'Calorie Counting' started by Lovehatecarbs, 1 August 2011 Social URL.

1. Lovehatecarbs

Lovehatecarbs Silver Member

I've been CC for a few weeks now using MFP and it's great. I've also started running - running a bit, walking a bit. I'm starting to understand more about eating and running as I need to eat carbs which I generally keep low

After running I'm going quite dizzy even if I've eaten well

My blood pressure runs quite low and I'm sensitive to low blood sugar (but not medically so)

Anyone else get this? Any tips?

I'm loving running but need to fix this post run issue - had a protein shake today but not helped - now lying horizontal!!

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. boggins

boggins Silver Member

Start Weight:
    20st13lb
    Current Weight:
    13st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st7lb
    Lost(%):
    7st4lb(34.81%)
    Diet:
    Low carb high fat om nom nom
    Yes, I get it too. I've not decided what to do about it yet. Mine could be either low BP or sugar- my diastolic BP was on the low side of normal when I had it tested last week, which was without exercising first.

For now I'm trying to eat a little more before going jogging. I haven't yet found the balance of cals where I lose weight but don't get dizzy!

If it's so bad you have to lie down, I think you maybe ought to scale back on the running for now. Are you using C25k or any other programme?

4. Lovehatecarbs

I started a running club at work and we have an experienced runner as coach. We're doing interval training a bit like C25k.

I think I might try eating a cereal bar or something as soon as I finish the run.

I've just ordered a nutrition book for beginner runners. So I'll see what other ideas there are.

Interesting that your BP runs low too.

I'm really into it so don't want to give up and I'm sure it can be fixed with the right food - hoping to get lots of ideas

I'm having a muller rice or something 1/2 hour before the run which has helped me get to the end - just got to sort out this post run issue!

5. summergurl

summergurl ♥3 Years Maintaining♥

Start Weight:
    19st6lb
    Current Weight:
    11st6lb
    Lost(%):
    8st0lb(41.18%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Lipotrim, Exante
    What distances are you running?
    I'd say leave the cereal bar and have a banana if you need something after your run.

6. Lovehatecarbs

Only 5k - I'm a beginner - I'll try a banana straight after and see if that helps!

7. desperate2Bslim

desperate2Bslim Reaching the goal

Start Weight:
    17st4lb
    Current Weight:
    9st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st6lb
    Lost(%):
    8st0lb(46.28%)
    Diet:
    Acai Slim
    Banana really helps a lot. You get full easily and don't really crave for something else. Plus, it's rich in potassium and can boost energy. try it hun!

8. Chereally

Chereally Full Member

Start Weight:
    18st5lb
    Current Weight:
    17st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st13lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8lb(3.11%)
    Diet:
    Atkins
    I am about to go on my 1st run in about 5 years..

9. boggins

boggins Silver Member

Start Weight:
    20st13lb
    Current Weight:
    13st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st7lb
    Lost(%):
    7st4lb(34.81%)
    Diet:
    Low carb high fat om nom nom
    Don't forget your banana! :D

10. summergurl

summergurl ♥3 Years Maintaining♥

Start Weight:
    19st6lb
    Current Weight:
    11st6lb
    Lost(%):
    8st0lb(41.18%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Lipotrim, Exante
    Running a distance of 5k (which btw is fab) you shouldnt really need to eat anything after, especially if you are calorie counting and trying to lose weight.

So if I were you i'd get yourself to the doctor and get this dizzyness checked out asap.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.