Ryvita Question!

Smokes

Probably a really silly question!
I went to supermarket yesterday to get some Ryvitas but they didn't have any wholegrain crackerbreads so I got the original crackerbreads. Can these be used as a healthy extra B or not?
I can only see the wholegrain crackerbreads listed as a HEXB but the syn values for the original and wholegrain seem the same?
Should i just syn the original crackerbreads then? :confused:

The original crackerbreads, whilst the same cal/syn value, can't be used as a B choice as they don't have enough fibre.

You can have 4 original/dark rye/sesame as a HEX B or 3 multigrain/sunflower seeds and oats or 2 breaks/fruit breaks or pumpkin seeds and oats

........so, yes you can! :)
(or is a crackerbread something different from 'ryvita original')? confused!

No these are different. OP is talking about the crackerbreads (6 for a HEB) rather than the ordinary ryvita. And for these only the wholegrain ones count - but I've never managed to find them anywhere :(

CP - the crackerbreads are different, they are a lighter crispbready type thing and you get 6 of them for a B choice.
They are fab! They come in a beige coloured box with crackerbread in red right across them and ryvita in the corner. They do original and wholegrain but only the wholegrain are a B choice.

You can have 4 original/dark rye/sesame as a HEX B or 3 multigrain/sunflower seeds and oats or 2 breaks/fruit breaks or pumpkin seeds and oats

........so, yes you can! :)

Ooo 2 different answers confusing!!! :confused:
Cocktailprincess they are the original crackerbreads not crispbreads and as far as I can see they only mention the wholegrain crackerbreads.
I'm guessing the original don't have enough fibre to be counted as a healthy extra?
I'll probably syn them as they're low syn and use my HEXB on something else!!
Thanks though guys! :thankyou:

No these are different. OP is talking about the crackerbreads (6 for a HEB) rather than the ordinary ryvita. And for these only the wholegrain ones count - but I've never managed to find them anywhere :(

Yeh it was a big Tesco I was in and they didn't have any :( and didn't even look like there was an empty space on shelf where they should be so thats why I got the original as I generally prefer crackerbreads to the other Ryvitas.
Ok I will be definitely synning them then!!

wholegrain.jpg

These are the wholegrain ones. But like i said Tesco didn't have any! I will keep an eye out for them and if I find any anywhere I will let you all know!!

Oooh, different packaging?? Perhaps this is the new packaging, my old ones are like the pic you posted but my new ones are like this!! They don't say ryvita on them but they are!

Oh ok!! I just went to have a look on the Ryvitas website to see what packaging was like and thats where i got the pic from!
Yeh from your pic you wouldn't klnow they were Ryvits!
I suppose you could get another brand of wholegrain crackerbread.
Where do you get yours from Jaylou??

I get mine from Tesco but not from my store as they don't have them, I can only get them when I have it delivered. I got the pic from the Tesco website.

Try them CP, they're lovely!

I get mine in Morrisons, but our Tesco hav ethem in too. These are my fave HEb choice! 6 topped with pineapple cottage cheese is one hefty snack!

Back