S&S Christmas Eve Menu

Maka

A New Woman
OMG....Tuesday 1st October is EXACTLY 12 weeks till Christmas Day! If we stick with it, even real slow losers like me could have shed an awesome 12- 24lbs by then, if you lose 1-2lb a week!

Now, imagine if you had to (or chose to) stay on S&S plan on Christmas Eve and come off just on the 25th.

Who, among us, can come up with a really tasty, creative and original S&S Menu: starter, main and dessert? Remember we can only use the S&S packs & products, vege & protein allowance.

C'mon ladies...let's have some fun (and distract ourselves!) for a bit.

What are your ideas?

Yikes!! This has really given me a kick up the arse!! Have lost 43lbs in last 11 weeks but been messing about last couple... Only lost another couple but joined the gym this week been doing lots of swimming so I'm going to be good now!!! Want another 3 stone off before Xmas...

As for creating a menu... Hmmm... It's best I don't think about food but will look forward to reading other people's ideas!!

:)

Woah 12 weeks!!! I'm new to the plan today, so can't help with ideas, but really looking forward to some ideas!! :)

one chicken breast, cover in cling film and bash with rolling pin to flatten out.
Mix finely chopped shallots and mushroom, sauté in water with a pinch of veg stock, pepper and some herbs, once this is slightly cooked place down middle of chicken and roll chicken up, bake in oven.
serve with swede and parsnip mash (add bit of milk allowance if you like) maybe a stick of asparagus.

Ive just made that up so you might want to check the weights.

ooh I reckon fresh sage and thyme would be nice herbs to use now ive thought about it.. I might actually try making this.

Pudding - toffee, vanilla caramel or milk caramel shake made into a mousse with the powder. Sprinkle chopped up choc truffa bar pieces on top. I'd eat that off plan too it's so luch!

Desert sounds good, I love the truffa bars. Not tried the mousse yet, should I?

one chicken breast, cover in cling film and bash with rolling pin to flatten out.
Mix finely chopped shallots and mushroom, sauté in water with a pinch of veg stock, pepper and some herbs, once this is slightly cooked place down middle of chicken and roll chicken up, bake in oven.
serve with swede and parsnip mash (add bit of milk allowance if you like) maybe a stick of asparagus.

Ive just made that up so you might want to check the weights.

Love the idea for mash

good question got me thinking for days! lol. It seems hard to bring in the pack to make a good meal but this is my idea.

Starter: Aspsraragus wrapped in parma ham Parma/proscuttio or air dried ham (cut all the fat off) wrapped around boiled asparagus and baked on the oven

Main: Chicken/Turkey breast with mushroom sauce with a side of purple sprouting broccoli, oven roasted red peppers and exotic mushrooms. (ovenbake chicken in fry light oil 1cal spray, use mushroom soup pack to make a sauce, boil or steam broccoli, ovenbake red peppers,and pan fry exotic mushrooms)

Dessert: Toffee mousse with milk chocolate vanilla and almond crisps (1 toffee shake mixed with slim and save mousse, 1 vanilla and almond bar cut up in to pieces and put on grease proof paper in the microwave check every few seconds, end result small biscuit/ crisps.) :)

or maybe you could reduce the savoury drink to make a gravy?

Ooooooh, girls, I'm drooling!!! Meoww, I'm actually going to try out your idea at the weekend when I go back to 3 packs plus protein & veg. I'm been on 4 packs at the moment.
And Are We There Yet? Wow!!! That sound incredibly yummy. In fact, I bet one could make that for the whole family and we could have S&S size portions though. I might trial-run your menu on hubby's birthday this month.
Thank you :)

Im intrigued about these biscuits made from vanilla almond bars? I started eating one the other day and wasnt too keen so happy to try it in a different way.
If we can use bouillon (I know its ok for other VLCDs) you could use that to make a gravy type drizzle.

meoww said:
Im intrigued about these biscuits made from vanilla almond bars? I started eating one the other day and wasnt too keen so happy to try it in a different way.
If we can use bouillon (I know its ok for other VLCDs) you could use that to make a gravy type drizzle.

Yes we can, but it's best to get the reduced salt one x

Sent from Jo's iPhone using MiniMins

You guys are so inventive - I'm impressed. I just have my 4 packs a day, as packs! I can't do food cos I know I'll then get it in my head I can have food and that'll be the end of that, but it's fantastic what you all do

Back