Sainsburys Free Range Lean Mince

vanilla_cupcake

Silver Member
Hi, can someone check for me the syn value of the free range lean mince beef, the free range lean turkey mince is free so just wondering what the beef is

Last edited:
If it's EE or Original then it would be syn free if it is lean. For Green it would be synned. Not sure how many syns on green for the beef one, but:

Free Range Lean Turkey Mince, 500g pack, chilled, 100g Free Free 7

jezzi999 said:
Lean beef is usually 2-3syns per 100g raw.

Extra lean is free, but lean is syned. The catapgories of lean and extra lean are a legal thing based on the % fat, so I don't think the fact that it's free range will make much difference, you're still looking at about 2-3 syns per 100g.

Hope that's helpful :)

Hi jezz, it makes a difference in the turkey mince, free range lean turkey mince from sainsburys is free but ordinary lean turkey mince is 3 syns per 100g so I was wondering was beef the same :)

If you put the nutritional info through the syns calculator selecting beef as your free food, it will tell you whether it is free or not. But you can be 100 % sure it won't be free if the fat is more than 5%

This is the only one listed

So Organic British Beef Lean Steak Mince, 400g pack, chilled, 100g 3 3 9

I would be surprised as as I say, the beef classification is definately a legal (trades description) catagory based on % fat, hopefully someone with online access will be able to give you a definitive answer.

You could also have a look at the nutritional values of the standard lean mince and the free range one, and see if fat and calories vary much.

Edited to add, I based my values on the top categories in this chart: http://ourworld.slimmingworld.com/downloads/Zoom-June2011/Extra lean mice Syns.pdf

You will need to take that link down Jezzi as it is a breach of copyright :(

Back