Induction sausages

When I was a butchers boy plenty of rusk or breadcrumbs went into the best of sausage meat so no, not for induction.

Shame, I love bangers me.

sig:--- Mark 6'4". Was 21 stone, is <19 now, two month goal is 17 stone. BMI says 13 stone but that's just daft.

Nah, because sausages means mashed potato and gravy and baked beans and bread and butter and brown suace and branston pickle so without them all I can leave bangers out for now.

sig:--- Mark 6'4". Was 21 stone, is <19 now, two month goal is 17 stone. BMI says 13 stone but that's just daft.

There are lots of sausages you can have, made without rusk etc, just check 'the back of the packet. There's a list of acceptable brands on here somewhere, I'm sure someone will be along with a link.

Go to the stickies section and find 'low carb and no carb shopping list' this includes lots of brands of sausages you can have.

Try Tesco toulouse sausages - 0.3g carbs for 2 - happy days :)

And for a low carb alternative to mash, try cauli mash - chop a cauli up, zap it to within an inch of its life then use a blender stick thingy and whirl it as chunky or creamy as you like, with some butter and a dribble of cream - it's lovely!

Bratwurst sossies are also low in carbs.

New to the site, am just about to re launch on the Atkins diet as I have a wedding to attend in 2 months. This is a question for Mark 66, as you show how much you have lost so far on your profile thingey! How long has it taken you to shift 2 stone? Thats a great weight loss, any tips? I have approximately 5 stone to shift ( not in 2 mnths before wedding by the way, Im only a guest, not the bride. ) Anyone else with weight loss time frames? Or any tips?

Alibali - depending on your starting weight a rough average I think would be a stone in the first month and half a stone every month after, as long as you keep to plan (coming out of ketosis can set you back a full week!).

Men however do often lose faster than women, and the rate of loss is slightly different for everyone.

Alibali,

Bearing in mind I went from drinking at least 5 or 6 pints a day to tea total, the first .75 of a stone fell off just from shock!

I started Atkins a week and a half later on 2nd April. I seem to drop four or five pounds then hover within a pound for a week and then drop again.

Good luck, no cheating though, that is one thing that I'm really happy about, god knows where ths will power and focus has come from.

Aww, thank you. I have a long way to go, but I feel ready to do this now! On a dry day ... what? In Manchester? Surely not! I walk with my son (and two dogs!!) to school. Its 2 miles to school, which equates to up to 8 miles a day and tho the dogs are starting to hide their leads (they only have little legs) its doing us good. My son and I also swim on a Saturday. I'm pretty clear to him that we need to walk the dogs to exercise them as well as ourselves. Truthfully tho, I just don't want him slobbed out infront of a pc or games console, stuffing his face full of junk and turning into a fat child. Whilst I can control it to a certain extent, I will try. He has suddenly found an interest in horses [there is a paddock belonging to a farm where we walk the dogs] and he wants to ride, which is great. Good form of exercise so now its my goal to get to a manageable, healthy weight so we can both do this together! I know I havent logged my starting weight because I am utterly ashamed to be as heavy as I am. When the weight starts to move I will post up, I just need to get a little self confidence back first! An old dear who lives near me referred to me as the 'big girl' the other day! 'Girl' made me smile, I'm 41 next month!! 'Big' made me cringe! Good luck to all of you, thanks for your advice, encouragement and honesty about your journeys so far! x

Don't be ashamed Alibaliboo...stand up and be proud of who you are. Sounds like you are doing a fantastic job getting both yourself and your son on track for healthy living - that is definitely something to be proud of! Everyone here at minis are super supportive. Good luck on your journey xx

Stilldieting- you can have sugar free chewing gum if you need it but try not to have too much or too often as the sweetners in it seem to stall some people or give them cravings. I have the odd bit.

Alli- bless you, society today is such a cruel place for the overweight, we're the last category people are allowed to abuse. Weight problems are such complicated things, dismissed by the world as people being 'greedy and lazy'. Well I've met a lot of greedy, lazy thin people and a lot if overweight people who are unhappy at their size and would be skinny as rakes if the idea that losing weight was simple was true. It always horrifies me how mean people can be on no other basis than someones arms legs or bum being bigger than theirs. Hardly a crime. You're unhappy with something and you're making an effort to change things - that's something to be really proud of, and giving your son a healthy chance is too. There are people on this site with 10lbs to lose and people who'd like to drop 10 stone or more - and people who HAVE lost that kind of weight. You don't need to be afraid of not fitting in or that people will judge you, here.

For all the new starters I recommend popping a diary up in the diary section and recording what you eat every day. A great way to check you're on the right track.

Oh and be aware some people here are on the later stages of Atkins and eat things you wouldn't have in the early days.

And good luck! We can do it.

Thanks guys, I feel so much more supported already! I am starting tomorrow as I have just done online shop with all ingredients I need. It's looking pretty dry outside, so looking forward to the school run this morning!
Again, THANK YOU, it does help having support! I just want more energy and not be so red in the face after walking a couple of miles, I keep a moderate pace, but I always look like I have just completed a marathon in uber quick time! And of course, weight loss, looking to lose at least 7 stones! GULP!
Hope you all have a great day. Ali. x

Back