saved by the pork scratchings...

BlackRose

Gold Member
Man these last two days i was burstin' for something crunchy...today it was a battle to stay away from the b***uits. But I got to asda, bought me two bags of pork scratchings and have just eaten a bag - spicy too! :D

Crunchy snack craving satisfied - still on plan. And I have another bag on hand for the next emergency, Happy me. :D

Agreed! Whenever crisps appeal or munchies overcome me - there are the yummy bags of pork crackling!

Mmm I love them too, had to ask my boyfriend very nicely not to eat them as he's got a massive box of crisps and they're the one snacky/crunchy thing i can have! I've got the mr porky's ones from asda, only 5 little bags in a pack though, need to find a pound shop!

I'm still trying to like pork scratchings! I guess after I've been on Atkins a while they will be welcomed? lol xx

You can get two types - dry ones or ones with fat on.

I prefer the fat ones, the others are too hard going for me :)

I find the ones from the pound shop a bit of an endurance test but the asda ones today were yummy! Having a bit of a struggle today so I've been glad of them.

With cheese FJ? hmmm you now have me thinking 'I wonder what they'd be like with my chilli philly' lol. I think I shall find out soon! :D

I normally cut up some cubes of cheese but I'm sure they would be lush dipped in cream cheese too...mmmm....maybe with chives too.....

Nom nom!

what are the carbs on them, and can you have them on induction

The spicy ones had less than 1g of carbs 100g and it was a 75g bag so I was flying. Yeah, I think you can have them on induction cus I'm staying as close to induction as possible.

And FJ I can confirm that they are yummy with asda's own cream cheese with chilli. :D That's my snacking well out of the way now - back to three meals a day.

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!!

Oh dear, weird and wonderful (?) food combos. Uh oh.

Love them...with cheese ;)

I bought a bag of scratchings last week and wondered what to have with them. I looked around the (albeit small) shop and all I could find were a selection of cheese dips. I chose a nacho style one, went back to the office excited and ready for this bizarre lunch - and then....it was awful!

I'll never have that combination again!

I bought a bag of scratchings last week and wondered what to have with them. I looked around the (albeit small) shop and all I could find were a selection of cheese dips. I chose a nacho style one, went back to the office excited and ready for this bizarre lunch - and then....it was awful!

I'll never have that combination again!

Cheese dips....they sound rank anyway!

Well well well i am totally surprised at myself! I am sitting here eating a bag of Mr Porky Pork Crackes 70g....and rather enjoying them :) This is the time of night that I crave sweet and naughty things and this has really helped :) crunchy, salty and filling happy days...seems too good to be true...can i def def def have them? Haven't eaten all my quota of veg today so should be ok? they seem high in cals :-/ please reassure me as this is my 1st proper day lol x

I wouldn't chow down like a rabid beast on them but I'm pretty sure you're ok to indulge like you just have! LOL Relax! ;)

Well well well i am totally surprised at myself! I am sitting here eating a bag of Mr Porky Pork Crackes 70g....and rather enjoying them :) This is the time of night that I crave sweet and naughty things and this has really helped :) crunchy, salty and filling happy days...seems too good to be true...can i def def def have them? Haven't eaten all my quota of veg today so should be ok? they seem high in cals :-/ please reassure me as this is my 1st proper day lol x

I love them, don't worry about the calories! I only have them every 2 or 3 days as a nice snack.

Back