Saying Hello...

MrsFitz

Hi

I've just ordered a 6 week Exante pack and thought I'd better find a forum as I know that I will really need some support as I get back on the weight-loss band wagon.

I lost 7 stones a few years back and then piled it all back on with a bit more for good measure! I know I am an emotional eater and the past couple of years have been a strain, what with one thing or another. My 'full' button is well and truly broken which has resulted in me just eating for fun, only it's not fun. I couldn't face going back to a high protein/low carb diet again. I've tried it more times than I can count and just end up more depressed when I don't succeed. I have no control around food, and I decided I needed to have the stress of thinking and shopping taken away from me.

So, after some research, I came across Exante. I've read about VLCD in the past but the expense was always a stumbling block. But, with 50% off, I thought 'why not'? The pack is due to be delivered tomorrow and I begin on Wednesday 1st Sept - woo, go me!

I'm doing a complete overhaul of myself - food, smoking and alcohol. Things have been out of hand for a long while and time has come to sort myself out before I find myself in an early grave. I know I have around 9 stones to lose, which is a frightening amount when you think about. I'll know the exact figure when I weigh-in on Wednesday.

I'm hoping for a positive, successful journey with new friends made along the way!

Thanks for taking the time to read x ;)

Hey MrsF
Are you starting a diet and quitting smoking at the same time? If so I bow to your bravery and superior willpower! (I'm putting off tackling the cigs at present)
Im afraid I know very little about Exante but want to wish you the very best of luck with it, and all your lifestyle upgrades.

DM

Thanks for the reply DM, much appreciated!

No willpower really, more a case of seeing my GP on Friday to ask for drugs to help me stop smoking. He's been on about me stopping for a while so I'm sure he will be thrilled. My 'stop' date is 16th September and I know you have to take the drugs for a week or so beforehand so will have to wait and see. My thinking was that if I'm going to be moody with dieting then I may as well get smoking thrown in at the same time and get it all out of the way :rolleyes::rolleyes:

I'm still impressed. I keep saying I'm gonna start vaping (coz all the cool kids do, dontcha know? ;)) and then work my nicotine down to nowt. But, nope I still keep buying baccy :mad:.
Good luck x

Hubby cut out the cigs by vaping (and he really isn't 'down' with the 'cool kids' ;)) but I'm concerned that the action of 'smoking' would still result in cravings for the real thing. TBH, it's the fact that I've almost ran out of duty free cigs and I can't afford to carry on with the habit that has me planning to give up. Hopefully the drugs are heavy-duty and get me through!

Back