Scared to go back

melarnz

Silver Member
Hi

I have been doing Lighter Life on and off for about a year and lost 8 stone. I have put at least 3 of that back on and as I am geting married in May in antigua needed to curb it.

I know this might sound weird, but im really scared to get weighed in. i have arranged to join a SW group tomorrow and have tried to accept im not going to be skinny for my wedding, but if i can lose at least lose the 3 stone before then i hope i will be happy.

the thing is i know i have piled on so much weight, that if its much more than what i think, i may burst into tears there and then and make a fool out of myself.

do u think i can tell her not to tell me how much i weigh! just tell me what i have lost lol

i did this diet for a few weeks a couple of months ago and loved it and found it easy to stick to, however, i only lost about 1lb per week. this time im really going to try harder to concentrate on portion control and only eating when i am hungry and not just because i can!!

i really dont know why im so nervous....

I think most of us can understand why you're so nervous. Try and remember the positives from what you have achieved so far (eg what size clothes you take now compared to what you did, all those comments from people about how great you look etc) - it's really a fantastic achievement. I know that you will be disappointed by your gain, but well done for continuing to work at it - it would be so easy just to avoid facing up to the fact that you need to make a change but you haven't.

Good luck.

Gail x

I can really sympathise with you, I followed SureSlim last year and lost 5 stone in 5 months then over the next 5 months gained 2 back......you need to acknowledge just how well you've done and where you want to go from here without the disappointment you feel for gaining.
Talk to your consultant as I'm sure if you don't want to know your weight she may just update her records and not record in your book, I'm sure however after a week or so you'll feel so much better about yourself.
I still struggle from time to time now with how far I'd come but ultimately SW is a healthy eating plan for life and a loss of 1-2lb a week is healthy and sustainable.
Wishing you loads of luck sweetie.....will be thinking about you tomorrow
xxx

Go for it, remember you will be surrounded by people all in the same situation who all thought the same when they first joined. Once you get that 1st weigh under you belt your fears will melt away.
A 1lb a week off is better than a 1lb a week on, even just each 1/2 lb is a step in the right direction.
Good luck.

I personally was completely shocked to find out my starting weight but, it did give me a kick up the bum to go for it 100%. My losses have averaged out to just over a pound a week but I am now 5 stone lighter :D. I know I would be a lot heavier now if I hadn't joined.

Don't be scared, just think, it's the start of your journey and whatever your start weight is, with the support of your group and consultant (and this forum of course!) you will get to be where you want to be.

You don't have to know what your weight is if you don't want to. Just have a word with your consultant. There are lots of people who just find out what the loss or gain is for that week.

Be brave, follow the plan and you will succeed.

Good luck :)

love your photos - get some copies of them and take them to the group - people will coo over them and you will be a shining star!

Right hun put it in perspective before you go...You know what size you are you can see for yourself in the mirror so its not like knowing your weight will make you any bigger. It is scary finding out how much you weigh I agree but I had a conversation with a fellow big boned lass who said she cut the size out of her clothes. I asked her what good she thought that did, did she think if she told people she was a size ten they would suddenly see her as smaller. These things are just numbers and labels which don't actually affect what you see in the mirror so your cunsultant not telling you your starting weight will not make you any smaller...does that make any sense.

You have lost so much already try and celebrate that and not berate yourself over the journey still to go

Big ((((HUGS)))) xxxx

You can have a chat with your consultant and ask her not to write the weight in the book and you can close your eyes on the scales or stand with your back to them. Each week she will then just record your losses.

Well done on how far you have come. And as others have said 1 pounds a week is a safe and healthy loss so don't discount it.

Teresa

go along and remember you will be among people who will never judge you, i rejoined sw so many times i lost count, but back in june 2009 i made a promise to myself that this would be the final time i filled out a new members form, and now a lighter happier and going to be a new consultant myself its the best promise i could have ever made :)
go along and try to look it will be the last time you will see those numbers on the scales and make a promise for yourself not anyone else hun and you will be fine, and if you cry then im sure you wont be looked at like an idiot have a starting ((((hug)))) from me

You will at some point want to know how much you weighed so you can congratulate yourself on your loss;)

When you go to class don't look at the scales, tell them to write your weight in your book, then when you get home & feel up to it open the book & see what you weigh. Of course you'll be upset, but you do already know you've put weight on.

In reality the weight gain may not be as bad as you thought.;)

well done for your weight loss so far, and well done for joining SW and making a plan for life. your are going to look wonderful on your wedding day. the members before me have said everything i agree with. this site is great.

Hi Mel :D I remember you from LL forum - welcome to SW!!

I've made the switch and so much happier for it - its a plan of healthy eating for life that's actually sustainable - just think - no more feeling deprived - and if you're clever with your flexible syns I bet it won't feel like a diet at all once you get into the swing of things :)

I want to lose around the same amount of weight too - so lets plod on together - 1lb a week gets you there in the end - slow and steady - just think of the hare and the tortoise :D

Back