scared

Hi everyone. My First class be on Tues eve, if everything goes smooth .... so will let ya know how it goes.

Ahhhh it's getting closer! :eek:

xx

i would go defintly . i joined on my own and have made so many friends at class who dont judge if you put on a pound or two . my class is nowhere my work place and i like it as if i dont have a good result i dont have to say and no-one knows if i went to class or not ( for last lot of weeks i have told them i didnt go even when i lost )

where do you live ? my class is on a tuesday 2 good luck to both of us x

hi there, go to class and stay! i didnt want to go on my own so a friend came with me for the first two weeks then didnt come i was doing not bad and didnt want to stop doing it so stayed on my own,every one was really nice and the elderly ladies mother you !!! there like new grannies !!! you go i sure you enjoy it and they give you loads of support !!!

Hi everyone. My First class be on Tues eve, if everything goes smooth .... so will let ya know how it goes.

Ahhhh it's getting closer! :eek:

xx

good luck! :D you'll be fine :) let us know how you find it, won't you :) xx

You have made the right desision you won't regret it.

Best of luck x x x Sam x x x Nothing taste as good as being slim x

First time i ever went to a class i made my husband come with me walk me in then i let him leave afetr id weighed in lmao,with sw i knew what to expect so bit the bullet and went alone and now glad i gained the courage to do it before the weight problem got out of hand,you can do it chick and you will feel good for it

Hi, sorry I haven't been yet. Some crazy stuff has come up. But my mum has booked a last minute holiday next week (yay), just to get away from things/life lol. But I will be joining the week after I get back. I am determined to join and stick with it all the way and will def let you know how I get on.

Thanks
Zara :) xx

Hiya Zara and LUCKY LUCKY YOU!!! going on holiday how nice just enjoy ya break you sound like you might be needing it as you said you had some crazy stuff come up............just keep me updated hunny and see you when ya get back off holiday (hope ya still going to class though when ya get back)
luv sharon xxxx

Hey, I'm back, had a great holiday :D and this time (lol) I am def joining SW tom eve, either 5.30 or 7.15pm depending on when I get back from work.
I have just read all your lovely comments from before to remind me of why I want and need to go...and that no matter how nervous I am, it's gonna be worth it!

I hope you are all ok, and will let ya know how I get on.
Also, dreading the scales after the hols - whoops! :rolleyes:
speak sn
zara xx :)

:beam:

Hi, well I joined last night. :)
and my days! was I so so scared. I had to line up outside as was early and I was physically shaking on way in. But consultant noticed immediately that I was new and was nice and discussed the plan with me and then I just sat down and listened to everyone talk about how much weight they had lost/gained and recipe ideas and that was really encouraging and then afterwards when everyone left she weighed me which was much better than doing it in front of everyone. Was a little uncomfortable with the amount of people there, as 40 odd people weighed in and atleast half stayed....was a huge group, and consultant was very busy.
Well I will see what happens next week when I weigh in and experience her calling my name and gain/loss out in front of everyone ahhhhhhh! - well it def makes ya want to lose rather than suffer the embarassment lol.

x :)

oh that's fantastic!!! well done you! i bet you feel a lot better now you know what to expect next week? :)

fingers crossed for a good loss for you! :) xx

Well done for getting through those doors, and think how fantastic it will feel next week when your loss is called out.

Hi there just been reading through the thread and wanted to say welcome!! You have had some lovely comments from everyone!

I remember that feeling of walking into group for the first time and the first WI but i can assure you it does get easier!!

Good luck on your first week and dont forget if you need any help just give us a shout!! xx

Firstly, well done for going!!!

I used to be exactly the same as you....infact, one of my reasons for not staying to class was because I hated the thought of having to speak in front of everyone, so I used to just get weighed and go, not really ideal and misses the whole point of the group therapy thing!!
However, there have been groups where I have had a quiet word in the consultants ear and asked her not to read out my losses or include me in the discussion, that meant I could stay to group, learn from others but not have to speak myself!!
Try and use it as a confidence builder. Try to think of it as being amongst like minded people who are all striving for the same thing (weight loss, however much or little) and remember that some of them will be just as scared as you!
I have to say, now that I'm older (40!), I don't have a problem with it, I'm not sure if it is an age thing or what, maybe going to all those SW groups over the years has built up my confidence? Who knows!

Good Luck to you and well done again!!!

Back