Scoutpat's diary...

scoutpat

Totally new to the site.
I successfully followed SW after having my children 19 years ago, getting to a comfortable 11stone/size 12. Due to physical injury, then having issues with mobility due to finding I have arthritis and fibromyalgia my weight slowly crept upto 15stone 7lbs (size 20) at the start of 2013. So in January I decided to do something about it.
Jan - Mar: tried calorie counting and lost 1stone (now 14st 7lbs and size 18)
Apr - Aug: Slim & Save and almost lost another 2 stone (now 12st 9lbs and size 14/16 depending on where I shop)

I have now decided that for the final 2 stone, I need to build healthy eating into my life, keep the processed carbs/wheat products low as I have found that these make the fibromyalgia and arthritis worse. So I have dug my Slimming World books back out and decided that I am going to follow the RED plan again. Not sure how much the plan has changed over the years, so hoping this forum will help. I can't join a group near me as the only groups happen on days/times when I am at work.

So starting today... Looking forward to meeting you all.

Last edited:
Don't know much about the red days plan, but just wanted to wish you the best of luck with the final part of your journey. you have done so well so far, it will be no problem to you :)

Well done so far :) I always try doing red days as much as possible but they often turn into EE by tea time. What kind of meals do u have for tea on a red day? Apart from salads or stirfrys I get a bit stuck. Lots of luck xxx

hi lola86
I am not sure what EE are, these are obviously new since I last did SS.
For tea I have things like stirfrys and salads as you mentioned, but these are mainly in the summer. In the winter I have a slow cooker, so in the morning will throw in meat, carrots, squash, oxo and loads of herbs. Or make bolognaise sauce, chilli etc and then serve on bed of green leaves (baby spinach, curly kale, rocket. savoy cabbage) or grate and microwave cauliflower which then looks and acts like rice. Roast dinners are great, I can eat everything except the parnsips, potatoes and yorkshires unless I have a b-box left.
thanks for the welcome

Hi scoutpat!
Why not have a read up on Extra easy? I do a mix of ee and red, i go for red days when i fancy an extra HEB.
Well done on your losses so far! X

hi Stace77
I will have a read around on this. I haven't joined a group near home so my optimising book I am using is quite old, but I know by sticking to what is in the book can work.
thanks
Scoutpat

hi lola86
I am not sure what EE are, these are obviously new since I last did SS.
For tea I have things like stirfrys and salads as you mentioned, but these are mainly in the summer. In the winter I have a slow cooker, so in the morning will throw in meat, carrots, squash, oxo and loads of herbs. Or make bolognaise sauce, chilli etc and then serve on bed of green leaves (baby spinach, curly kale, rocket. savoy cabbage) or grate and microwave cauliflower which then looks and acts like rice. Roast dinners are great, I can eat everything except the parnsips, potatoes and yorkshires unless I have a b-box left.
thanks for the welcome

Thanks i think il give the cauliflower rice a try this wk :) iv just made the superspeed tomato soup it was lovely!
I think basically EE is green and red combined for the free food, but u can only have 1 healthy extra A and one B choice and must fill 1/3 of ur plate with super-free food. I'm not sure if I'm explaining it very clear but I think that's it :)

Thanks i think il give the cauliflower rice a try this wk :) iv just made the superspeed tomato soup it was lovely!
I think basically EE is green and red combined for the free food, but u can only have 1 healthy extra A and one B choice and must fill 1/3 of ur plate with super-free food. I'm not sure if I'm explaining it very clear but I think that's it :)
that makes great sense. Thanks for this

Good Luck with your Journey :) xx The EE plan is good, and its easy to follow and so flexible, however I cant get my head out of Red/Green days, plus I miss the extra HE u get with the original/green plans. Do what suits you best. x

I had a green day today going to mix it up a bit I remember getting bigger losses when it was just red and green, think il just do EE of a wkend or when eating out etc :) keep us updated good luck for the week xxx

Hi & Welcome!
Well done on your losses so far!
I only seem to know green and red days too :)
hi Zafira
It looks like we are following similar types of plan (slimming world done our way). I must admit I am enjoying not doing a meal replacement scheme now, while it was good and helped me break with my bad food habits, I am now learning to cook again as I enjoy new and healthy options.
Good luck with your loss - I am sure your goal date will be achieveable as well (after all 1lb per week equates to over 3stone in a year, so 2lb a week puts you well over your goal).

end of week one, body decided it was TOTM and ended up putti.g o. a pound.

this coming week is very busy..... county agm, canoing team meeting, DofE presentation to a district, then DofE expedition next weekend so hopefully will be very active so a good loss

Sounding VERY active! DofE stuff?...who's that for?

Duke of Edinburgh Award Bronze Expedition - I am the co-ordinator for Kent Scouts and am running an expedition weekend next weekend which has 19 teams and around 100 young people and their leaders involved. Biggest hurdle on these weekend is to avoid the biscuits that are in the kitchen with the tea/coffee that is available for all the assessors. I am taking my fruit pack with me next weekend to nibble on and to help with avoiding the nice biscuits.

Back