Seriously ashamed of myself.

Mycroft

Here's the deal, I started a Slimming World group 4 weeks ago and havn't been back since because every week I've blown it! (Not to mention run up a £25 bill)

Every day or week that I slip up I promise myself that next Thursday I will go to group and start again but it never happens!

I really, seriously want this. I'm so disgusted with my behaviour and the way I look, but I keep sabotaging myself without even noticing. Has anyone else had this problem? How did you get over it?

I'm joining a local gym as soon as they get back to me, hopefully this will give me an edge in my weight loss.

Thanks in advance and feel free to be mean! I need it! :break_diet:

im not gonna be mean lol we all go through phases of this - being overweight is a part of everyday life for most of us, theres probably part of u thats scared to let "fat you" go :) u just need a kick up the bum and motivation. the meanest im gonna be is this - find and watch a show called 'Dead Fat' (BBC) its not easy to watch but it will stick in ur mind and push u along to the gym and to ur group.

dont worry about having not gone to group for a while, everybody has blips like this - dont be so hard on urself! just start over and keep motivated by whatever means necessary : put up 'fat pictures' of urself on the fridge, find a site online which shows u how u would look slimmer, write down all the ways losing weight will improve ur life, buy urself an item of clothing a size or 2 too small that u reeeeeally like and cut the tags off so u cant return it, ur gonna have to lose weight to fit into it! :D

im not gonna be mean lol we all go through phases of this - being overweight is a part of everyday life for most of us, theres probably part of u thats scared to let "fat you" go :) u just need a kick up the bum and motivation. the meanest im gonna be is this - find and watch a show called 'Dead Fat' (BBC) its not easy to watch but it will stick in ur mind and push u along to the gym and to ur group.

dont worry about having not gone to group for a while, everybody has blips like this - dont be so hard on urself! just start over and keep motivated by whatever means necessary : put up 'fat pictures' of urself on the fridge, find a site online which shows u how u would look slimmer, write down all the ways losing weight will improve ur life, buy urself an item of clothing a size or 2 too small that u reeeeeally like and cut the tags off so u cant return it, ur gonna have to lose weight to fit into it! :D

You're far too nice to me! I changed my goal to a smaller one, 12 Stone by Iron Maiden! :cool:

I found an amazing website that shows what you would look like if you lost weight, but unfortunatly there are hardly any usable pictures of me because people know how shutter shy I am.

tough it out n take a whole body pic! once its done, thats it. if ur feelin brave take one from the sides and back too. ive taken one of my front a few weeks back but was too nauseous (sp?) from the sight of my flab to take any more lol

tough it out n take a whole body pic! once its done, thats it. if ur feelin brave take one from the sides and back too. ive taken one of my front a few weeks back but was too nauseous (sp?) from the sight of my flab to take any more lol

Took 3 full body (nude, natch :cool:) pictures on my webcam to use on that website as thinspiration. I have to do this, it's not just being shallow, I'm going to be very unhealthy soon, and I'm only 18.

Well, I'll make it over the 3 day hump then we'll see...

aw u can do it!!! "natch"? lol its no about being shallow its about being healthy...etc :D

That's exactly the reason why group didn't work for me too. Was too embarrassed to go back. Why not start a food diary here...once you've finished eating, log in and write it down. That way you'll have it in black and white and will be able to tot up your syns, see how much you have left etc...

What are your weak spots? Do you have any foods that you can't control...for example I can't just have one packet of crisps, so I choose not to have any, same with white bread...I just don't buy those two items, ever, because I know if I go there it will start my binging habit up again. Are certain times of the day a problem for you or certain situations? Would you cope better planning things in advance so you know what you're having each day?

If you can identify problem areas then we lot on here can give you suggestions and advice on how to work around those areas to make the plan work better for you.

You have the books, you don't "need" to go to group. There are loads of weigh in threads here in the weekly weigh in sub forum, pick a day to weigh in and join in on a thread, they're great for support.

I really do believe that weight loss is all about learning to control the mind, work out why you do what you do, find solutions for problems or alternatives.

If you "really" want it then you'll do it, just try and figure out what's standing in your way...what are you feeding besides your physical hunger?

Samprand said:

I agree, I watched Dead Fat and that shocked me back on track. Seriously difficult to watch but so glad I watched it, it's not a program I'll forget.

Some great advice already.

The two pieces of advice I would give are

1)don't be so hard on yourself. While you are busy being ashamed and cross for blowing it your not helping yourself. Start being kind to yourself for any little effort at gettign yourself healthier, then make a plan for one day or one meal at a time and be proud of little achievements.

2) Go back to class, many people there will have done the same as you, you will not have to pay 25 pounds, when you go to pay you will be given the option to pay all the back fees or rejoin (9.95 at the moment) you will lose any history but it will be good for you i think as pshycologically a fresh start. Or call your cnsultant for a chat that is what they are there for.

Good luck

Teresa

2)

Hi hun just wanted to say ive felt very similar lately. Ive made a start back on sw on my own but have still have off plan moments. I feel like im off plan more than on plan at the minute. All you can do is try to learn from where you went off plan and use that experience to stick to it in future. As said above is it certain foods are triggers? Do you struggle to have healthy foods on hand to eat? Or is it lots of social occassions tripping you up?

Agree with the others. Don't be so hard on yourself , everyone slips up.
If you can't face that class maybe find another and join there.
Whatever you do, do it with your head held high, everyone there either has or did struggle with their weight and if they judge then they are very forgetful people!

If you can't face class then this forum is a godsend.

You can do it and you've made the hardest choice to decide to actually do something about it
Good luck, keep us updated as to how you get on xx

Everyone goes through this hun! I've been saying i want to stick to a diet since my son was born (7 months ago) & every week i start only to stuff myself full of junk and then feel worse about myself than i did before!
Have you tried positive visualisations? I know it sounds a bit hippy dippy & you feel like a bit of a prat to start off with but i've found it's really helped me.
When you have five minutes close your eyes and imagine yourself when you're at your goal weight. See yourself vividly. What you're wearing, what your hair looks like, what your make-up looks like, how you stand, how you move. Imagine just how you'll feel at your goal weight, how much more confident, happier, more relaxed around food. Now put yourself in that picture. Imagine its you now! Take yourself through a normal day. How has your life changed for the better? Imagine it as vividly as you can. The more detail the better. Now put a smile on your face - and open your eyes.

Ok, so it might sound silly, but its really helped me to stay focused on what i'm aiming for and has helped my self esteem. Maybe it could help you?

Also, go back to group. No-one will judge you for the fact you've not stuck to it, infact you'll find a lot of people in the same boat and you'll have lots of support and maybe they can help you address why you can't stick to it.
You can do this hun. After 6 months of trying, i'm 'finally' in the right headspace and if i can get there, so can you!!! *hugs*

Oh and have you tried starting it but with higher syns, so you can still have some extra treats but stick to the healthy eating too. Then gradually decrease your syns until you're at the optimum amount. xx

I agree with hippy Rayven lol Images are very emotive and for that reason I think that the suggestion of fat photos on the fridge is a bad idea (sorry). When we see fat photos of ourselves we may feel bad/sad/guilty/inadequate/failure/whatever and we are more likely to comfort eat.

Seeing positive images stirs good feelings. Do you have a favourite photo of yourself or even of someone you admire, a place you would like to go when you are at target, an activity you would like to try, the frock you will buy or anything else aspirational and positive?

Good luck!

I agree with hippy Rayven lol
I'm more of a goth than a hippy - i just read too many Paul McKenna books!! lol

My husband told me I have to keep going even if I feel I have gained and he's right. Part of the reason I got to be 21.5 stone was burying my head in the sand!
Go to group get weighed and accept that every time you choose to eat badly you are choosing to stay overweight, and dare I say it, choosing to be unhappy.

Be kind to yourself, get rid of the goal with the date attached.
Sit down and plan tomorrows meals, plan every meal and snack, get in the kitchen and cook anything you may need for tomorrow (quiche/frittata/pasta salad/par boil SW chips)

Mycroft said:
You're far too nice to me! I changed my goal to a smaller one, 12 Stone by Iron Maiden! :cool:

I found an amazing website that shows what you would look like if you lost weight, but unfortunatly there are hardly any usable pictures of me because people know how shutter shy I am.

What's the website?

You can do this! ;) I've got the same goal as you, to have lost this weight before Iron Maiden!! ... I'm going to 3 gigs and meeting up with a bunch of friends that I only see at Maiden gigs...none of them know i've been on a diet...want to see the shock on their faces! :D
Seriously, if I can stick to this, you can (hugs) i've been about 4 stone overweight for nearly 20 years :eek: I'm pretty close to 3 stone gone now, and have never felt better! It is great that you are not going to do the same as me... be miserable about myself for nearly 2 decades!!
Go back to class, or do it online with help from here, whatever feels best for you, but just think how much you could have lost by the gig if you start tomorrow!
I'm not saying i'm perfect at this...I fell off the slimming world wagon today...but I know I WILL get straight back on it tomorrow!
Good luck xx

Oh.. which gig are you going to?

Back