Seriously struggling..

Argh frustrated with myself! I need to stick to something!
Okay so over the last 6 years I've tried every diet going.. I've lost around a stone, but my weight is slowly creeping up and I'm worried I'll get back to my weight before.. or perhaps even larger..

I don't have loads and loads to lose, around 2 1/2 stone- 3 stone.. But I just can't get started.. I know that if I get through my first week and see real results I'll be spurred on but it's just that part that I'm finding hard.. My problem is that I seek comfort in food like a lot of people. My job is stressful atm so when I get home I just sit there and destress with chocolate.. I've tried taking peoples' advice before, like taking time out.. having a long soak, painting my nails etc, but I just end up pigging out and then saying I'll start tomorrow.. It's always tomorrow..
I'm really annoyed with myself.. I need some serious motivation and willpower.. but where am I going to get it from?!
I'm desperate to lose weight but food always seems to win.. I need to shift this weight and find a slimmer, happier me.. But what plan to do? I've tried slim fast, cambridge, alli, calorie counting, my fitness pal (iphone app), slimming world and weight watchers.. I can't not have food as the feeling of deprivation means I binge/ give up the plan and the small results from weightwatchers doesn't really spur me on.. Would slimming pills be good for me?!
Argh i just don't know what to do and need some help! Advice please :)

Thankyouu! x

I'm a struggler too, with about the same amount to lose. I am not doing so well either. T-T

But I suggest chucking out all of your chocolates. Is there a break room at your work? Leave them there and they'll disappear. I have to force myself to purchase only healthy foods for myself. I get treats like sugar free pudding and jello, no-sugar-added hot chocolate and reduced fat cheese that I can melt on something whole wheat. It's hard if you have a skinny hubby who buys his own nasty food that sits right next to your healthy food though! :p And what else doesn't help is the bags of chocolate that the bloody mom-in-law brought over for us and LEFT SITTING OUT ON THE COUNTER for me to see every day! D:<

But seriously, if you can clean out your house of those nasty foods, life very well may become easier. I too LOVE to eat when I am emotional. Happy? I eat. Sad? I eat. Stressed? I eat. Bored? I eat. I understand how you feel!

Maybe keep a pair of pants that are too small for you hanging on the fridge or leave motivational notes for yourself on the cupboard and pantry. Some people find that helpful, others ignore the notes--you might try it.

Definitely try reduced- or sugar/fat-free treats... that way if you need something sweet, that is preferable to something completely loaded with sugar/fat.

Here's hoping we can both get a fire lit under our backsides! :wavey:

I'm a fellow struggler and slightly in despair too. I'm in a slightly different boat, which will make you laugh. This year I tried weight watchers for a month and started on a mission at the gym, going 3-4 times a week. I lost nothing! A lot of effort for no result is never a good start. If that wasn't bad enough, I joined SW nearly 2 weeks ago and at my wk1 weigh in it turned out I actually put on 5 pounds!! I wrote down every mouthful and followed the diet to the letter. I've got my wk2 weigh in on tue and hope to be the same rather than have another weight gain. I have no idea what I am doing wrong. Don't worry if you are struggling to get started. I'm heavier now than I was before! I'm still persevering though. Results (or lack of results aside), it took me a while to get focused, but once you're in the 'right place', you will be fine. The challenge is picking the right diet for you. I love my food and counting and restricting doesn't work for me.

Hi thanks for the replies! Reading has really helped! I'm sticking with my fitness pal atm, buying some shakes to have but really just calorie counting. I'm going to join my local swimming pool and get my wii out.. I need to do this! It's just getting into it that's difficult..At home this week, but when I go back to my flat I'm going to stock up on healthy foods/ low fat sweets.. I abs love sugar free jelly and the weight watcher angel delight things.. I'll stock up! Today I'm eating a bit more fruit and drinking more water.. What I really have realised is that it's small steps at a time.. I don't want my body/ mind to feel deprived so it's all about making small changes and enjoying food rather than seeing it as an obstacle.. I really need to transform my mindset..even considering hypnosis.. Has anybody tried that before?
Either way, I'll get there! Atleast I haven't given up entirely I guess :)
Thanks! x

I too am willing to admit to being a real big struggler.

I know what I want to do, I know what I need to do, I know how to do it. It is just a matter of getting started.

I am starting tomorrow - going strong this time. I will get what I want, this time for good.

Hi Lil_Mrs_Sunshine, very similar goals to you!
How are you losing your weight? Do you have myfitnesspal?
Xx

I am planning to calorie count and exercise.

I have jsut ordered the Clair Nasir dvd. I have the Debbie Rush one and the Hannah Waterman one too. I think I am going to do a combination of these three or four times a week.

I am hoping to be at goal for my anniversary in August at the very latest.

yes I do have my fitness pal - I havent filled it in for yonks! Do you?

Im really struggling too! Since monday ive been doing really well, and ive pot on 5 lb :| ive no idea what im doing wrong, and given everything in my cupboard away to my flatmates, other than slimfast, diet coke and porridge! going to do a healthy shop tomorrow and do my pilates dvd! Is the Debbie Rush one good?

I have had a good couple of days. Saturday, sunday and yesterday. Up to Sunday I had lost 2lbs, but this morning after doing a DVD last night I have put the weight back on.

I know this isnt due to the food as I havent eaten 3500 calories worth in a day!

Amy do you want to use email support/text support?

I've always found extra easy is no good for me either. I find green works for me and I just stick to that.

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Back