Shock, horror.....................

Rising_Sun

Seeking thinner peace
.....:eek::eek: my cdc tells me that my all time favourite flavour, CAPPUCCINO, will no longer be made regular but will only come in the lactose free version:eek::eek:.

Lactose free anything tastes like it still needs development. It's watery and very granular. It tastes like punishment. Someboby tell me this isn't true.

I'd rather pay a bit more (assuming the rise in world milk prices is behind the switch to soya based shakes)

Hiya plus,
I think the rumour's true. I started CDing 2 weeks ago and my CDC told me the same!
Luckily - I've only ever tasted it lactose free so don't have a comparison between the other one to make!
Have you tried the toffee and walnut. mmmmmm yummmmeeeeeeee!lol
Maybe she's got some stashed somewhere that you can hassle her for!
Hope you find some
Tansyx

The cappuccino has been lactose-free for at least a couple of months!!

BTW Cambridge are intending making all the flavours lactose-free as the price of the skimmed milk powder has rocketed in the last year or so.

It makes it much better for the folks whom are lactose-intolerant and they really don't taste any different.

OMG my heart stopped then for a second - thought you were going to say they were discontinuing cappucinno - its the only pack I have (apart from a few tomato) - thought this would be the end of me!
A friend gave me some old packs she had from ages ago (still well in date) and all the cappucinno packs were the 'normal' milk versions and to be honest although they were nice I prefer the lactose free version - have no idea why though!

MM x

The lactose-free chocolate mixes up better in hot water than the ordinary version

There is no intention to change all the flavours to lactose free, however, the lactose free range will be increased to provide more choice for those who cannot use standard CD.

Where there is more than one variety, i.e. Cappuccino (the lactose free was always around for the export market) they will only do lactose free.

New flavours such as Choc Orange and Leek and Potato have only been made in lactose free.

We still have some doubling as Choc comes in both flavours as does Vanilla as yet both are still available.

Linda

Have you tried the toffee and walnut. mmmmmm yummmmeeeeeeee!lol
Yep, this is another of my favourites. Hopefully the standard variety will always be available.

Have you tried the lactose free version? Hopefully you'll be pleasantly surprised
I tried it alright and promptly rang my cdc to swop all 13 packs left. Half my weekly order was always cappuccino. I can taste the difference. Can I get used to it? Hmmmm?

BTW Cambridge are intending making all the flavours lactose-free as the price of the skimmed milk powder has rocketed in the last year or so.

It makes it much better for the folks whom are lactose-intolerant and they really don't taste any different.
Great for lactose intolerant dieters. Not so great for choice though. Perhaps higher prices for standard skim milk shakes would make it great for everyone. You are lucky if the taste is no different for you.

There is no intention to change all the flavours to lactose free, however, the lactose free range will be increased to provide more choice for those who cannot use standard CD.
Pheeeew!

New flavours such as Choc Orange and Leek and Potato have only been made in lactose free.
And I was so looking forward to trying the potato and leek. Got the choc orange to sample. Haven’t done so yet. Will I be surprised? Hmmmm.

We still have some doubling as Choc comes in both flavours as does Vanilla as yet both are still available.
:confused: That sounds like SoonToBeGorgeous might be right about everything coming in lactose free eventually.:(

Yes,I have just goen back on to CD and it has gone Lactose |Free but to be honest I prefer it,its not as sweet I don't think but I like it that way CDgal x

If it makes economic sense to go lactose-free then I can't see a problem with it.

If you didn't have both with and without lactose to compare you wouldn't know the difference!!

If it makes economic sense to go lactose-free then I can't see a problem with it.

If you didn't have both with and without lactose to compare you wouldn't know the difference!!

But I do know the difference, there's no getting away from that. Economic sense is great, but choice is so much better.

I've tried a couple of the lactose free flavours and both made me feel unwell,so I hope they don't go completley lactose free.

I have been a CDC since October last year and where there is the option of standard or LF, I only supply the LF version. I have a lactose intolerant customer and it makes no sense for me to buy the same flavour twice just because 1 is soy and 1 is skimmed milk. I've had no complaints so far.

The cappuccino has been lactose-free for at least a couple of months!!

That's exactly what I was going to say!

I switched all of my clients over to Lactose Free Cappuccino a few months ago and nobody seems to have noticed...they are all still enjoying and ordering it just the same! :)

Back