Should I ask the doc?

Discussion in 'Lipotrim Forum' started by rainbow brite, 24 June 2008 Social URL.

1. rainbow brite

rainbow brite ~Starsprinkled~

Start Weight:
    15st1lb
    Current Weight:
    12st6.6lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st10lb
    Lost(%):
    2st8.4lb(17.25%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    'Ey up lads and lasses :)

I have a question that's been bugging me for a little while but yesterday a friend mentioned it so now I'm thinking about it more.

As I've mentioned before, I wasn't always big and I've got a small frame. Over the last few years though I've not been happy with my size and maintained at around a size 12. However, over the last year I've ballooned. I'm currently in size 16/18 clothes and I can honestly say that my eating habits haven't changed. Sure, my eating habits aren't good by any means but they haven't changed.

Yesterday a close friend of mine pointed this out as we were discussing our weight problems and suggested talking to my doctor. I don't really want to bring it up with my doc in case she decides that I'm just a greed fat ba***rd but this does seem like a LOT of weight to have gained in about 15 months...

Any suggestions as to what to do or what might be wrong?

~Gem xx

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. lillie

lillie weighs a lot less

Diet:
    lipotrim
    have you changed your pill or anything hun??? and can you seriously say that you are not eating more and being less physical??

4. missyd

missyd Gold Member

Start Weight:
    13st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st6lb
    Diet:
    cambridge
    its worth going to the doctors

are you on any contraception? i started the injection after i had my 3rd child and my eating habits didnt change but i on 3 stone in a year!

its worth just popping to the docs to ask x

5. jackie2029

jackie2029 Full Member

Diet:
    lipotrim
    hi rainbow, it might be wise as you may have a thyroid problem so better to check it out but also keep in mind as we get a bit older, i think your body changes and where i could eat before i maintained, it changed for me in my late 20's but get it checked out anyways jx

6. rainbow brite

Start Weight:
    15st1lb
    Current Weight:
    12st6.6lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st10lb
    Lost(%):
    2st8.4lb(17.25%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    Well I've changed my pill now but only two weeks ago after the whole hospital thing. Before that I was on the same pill for about six years.

And I can honestly, hand on my heart, say that I've not changed anything. As I said I've always been a bit unhealthy in the eating department, but apart from (literally) one or two days when I've had major binges in the last year or so nothing has changed. One person said that it was because I got a boyfriend and that made me 'comfortable' but I don't believe that as we don't eat together and I will never eat in front of him(a habit left-over from an eating disorder years ago). Also exercise-wise - I've never really done any! So that hasn't changed either. :( Just confused.

7. lillie

lillie weighs a lot less

Diet:
    lipotrim
    maybe you should get your thyroid checked just to be safe,im sure you can still do LT if you have thyroid problems(not 100%)xx

8. rainbow brite

Start Weight:
    15st1lb
    Current Weight:
    12st6.6lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st10lb
    Lost(%):
    2st8.4lb(17.25%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    Thanks for the help then ladies :) I'll call up the surgery tomorrow and have a chat with them :)

9. daisy2002

daisy2002 Member

Start Weight:
    16st6lb
    Current Weight:
    16st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    I would get your thyroid checked.

Do you have any of the symptoms other than weight gain.

Thyroid

10. no pain no gain!

no pain no gain! Full Member

Might Be Thyroid. My Sis Put On 1 Stone In 4 Wks... Found Out It Was Thyroid. I Had Similar Prob Too. Think Rainbow Its Good If U Get It Checked. U Have To Be On Thyroxine Minimum 1-2 Months To Get It Stablized Before Starting Lt...

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.