Should I join a Weight Watchers class this year?

Faxman

Hi folks, not posted on here for a while but I have been trying to lose weight since the nurse at my local practice advised me to go on a diet last year! Have tried Weight Watchers online and it does work but I don't always have the willpower to stick to it. I am a bit nervous about the idea of a class but I also think that knowing I have to stand on the scales every week and be weighed might force me to stick to the diet! I am 5ft 10 and about 14 and a half stone, so I need to lose at least 2 stone, probably 3. What do you reckon?

Yes yes yes! I've joined slimming world several times over the years. But it has been slimming world that has totally motivated me to make the changes. I'm soo looking forward to getting to class on Thursday even though I know I'll have weight on .. It's not the end of the world! Realistically Christmas comes once a year and I enjoyed relaxing my diet ... Stay to class... U make some great friends and it's a tremendous source I'd encouragement x

Thanks Kathy, I think I will give it a go. I don't think I have the self discipline to lose the weight on my own.

I tried online too before going to class. I don't know why I felt so embarrassed about going to a meeting but I was even though we are all in the same boat going through the same thing. The online resources are great but I need the discipline of a class to keep me focused. Its also a great place to pick up hints and tips you might not get online and seeing the success of the other members keeps you motivated too.

Thanks dublinrose, that is a good point about seeing other people losing weight and being motivated by it. The main thing that will benefit me though is being held accountable by getting on the scales in public. I am hoping that the people running the class will be quite strict with me and not let me make excuses.

That's what I need - someone to be strict with me.
My last WW leader was a s soft as butter, bless her! She would always say, "Oh it's so hard, isn't?" and give you a sympathetic look. I need to be a little bit scared of them, I think!

Perhaps when I meet the leader I will ask him or her to be extra strict with me! I expect that they need to be firm to get results but maybe they have to balance it by not putting people off.

Back