Shove Tuesday

You don't need to wait until then to have a pancake. They are a frequent dinner in our house as the kids love them.

They get all excited and set the table with all the toppings in the middle; golden syrup, jam, lemon, butter, chocolate spread, fruit.

I can usually resist and have just the one!

This is very tru, but once I have one and what them all. I am just a greddy so and so, with no resistance power - well done you for it, I wish I had the strength.

Pancakes, yummy. Loads lemon and sugar on. Will be worth the wait lol :)

Oh **** sorry I have problems with similar things get muddled up in my brian and mis-match information. You don't want to see some of the things I have written.

I much prefer the idea of shove tuesday- and there's no syns in a shove, so feel free to indulge!!!

My daughter loves pancakes so I end up making her some now and again. I do a half measure of the delia recipe on her website, which makes her a couple of big ones, one for my son, one for my husband, (she has hers for a meal, its just a snack for them) and possibly a tinysmall one for me if there is enough batter left over, but often there isnt.

If I do have one, I put sprinkle sweetener on instead of sugar. Does the job without making me want loads of them.

And I knew what you meant ;)

If u want pancakes have the syn free ones!
I had then last night in fact without up banana golden syrup (syn) and cinnamon. Was burloody gawjus!
X

Fatty_no_more said:
If u want pancakes have the syn free ones!
I had then last night in fact without up banana golden syrup (syn) and cinnamon. Was burloody gawjus!
X

Oh i love pancakes! What's in the syn free ones?

Use 3 egg. Separate the egg whites and yolks
Beat the egg White till frothy and White. Then add 3 tablespoons of sweetner and 3 drops ( I use the lid for one drop) of vNilla essence. Then fold the yolk into the White and fry light them.

They aren't exactly the same but hit the spot. X

Everything is late this year because Easter is so late!
Mother's Day is in April (I've never known this before), as you said, Shrove Tuesday is in March and then... it's Lent. Eek!!!

I'm a greedy piggy for pancakes too - we have them once a year and I go for it big time. Thankfully it's on a WI day so I have all week to undo the damage ;-)

Fatty_no_more said:
Use 3 egg. Separate the egg whites and yolks
Beat the egg White till frothy and White. Then add 3 tablespoons of sweetner and 3 drops ( I use the lid for one drop) of vNilla essence. Then fold the yolk into the White and fry light them.

They aren't exactly the same but hit the spot. X

Ah brilliant going to have to try these :) thanks very much!

It is so true, everything is so late - feels weird!!! I have given up chocolate due to pregnancy but going have a one of treat when my OH is buying my chosen egg ;) My God will it be heavenly with a hot cross bunny :)
Everything is late this year because Easter is so late!
Mother's Day is in April (I've never known this before), as you said, Shrove Tuesday is in March and then... it's Lent. Eek!!!

I'm a greedy piggy for pancakes too - we have them once a year and I go for it big time. Thankfully it's on a WI day so I have all week to undo the damage ;-)

we got a fab pan for xmas (sad i know but it is wonderful) and v non stick i made some over xmas and we had sweetneer and i squeezed an orange on them instead of lemon, was kind of like crepe suzette without the booze :)

Back