Sick of the sweet flavours - tips?

Lostris

Serena's title didn't fit
Hi everyone,

I'm facing a bit of a difficulty concerning the flavours. I really really dislike the soups and I'm craving some savoury flavours..

Was wondering if anyone had tips (e.g. drink this shake hot so it doesn't taste so sweet) other than trying the soups again.. because they kinda make me want to throw up...

I really don't plan on deviating from my plan, was just hoping for a bit more variation somehow.

Thanks a lot,

Lostris

Have you tried the Cambridge savoury drink?

I only have the sweet ones too, and totally understand the need for something savory. I've been having the odd cup of marigold vegetable stock and I know that the cdc sell something similar

I also freeze the tetra packs and find they are less sweet that way, oh and always water them down a little if I am drinking them, either hot or cold

X

ooooo whats that kd i like the sound of it ,is it like bovril?

Hi,

No I have not but (hoping this doesn't sound too harsh/evil but I'm a student) I think it's a lot of money to spend on a savoury flavour when I didn't like any of the savoury items CD's had to offer so far...

I can't try it at my CDC either; she does have it but she doesn't have an opened can and she told me that only very few of her clients liked it.... :(

Any way you can describe it ? :')

u can also use marigold boullion which is available at supermarkets for less than £2. lasts a long time.
its like a vegetable stock cube in powder form and tastes a little salty. with a little ground pepper it is a delicious treat.

I only drink chocolate & strawberry. They're the only ones I can stomach! The soups are vile!
I drink the Marigold, it's a bit like drinking an OXO cube. Yummy with pepper in! I's £1.55 a tub in Tesco & I have 2 a day.

Hi guys,

Thanks for the tips! I'll see what they sell around here and discuss this with my CDC next saturday when I'm going for my weigh in.

Keep those tips coming :)

xxx Lostris

ZoBo: I also have a few flavours I can stomach :$ The amount of flavours I actually like is drastically dropping!!

I have a half teaspoon of boullion in the chicken amd mush soup and it makes it taste nice ( cant have the soup without the boullion)

i agree and i'm only of week 2. i only have sweet hot shakes and bars and sometimes crave something salty. i just add loads of hot water to the drinks to make them less sweet.

Back