Siggy Piggys Diary

Having the urge to eat chocolate :rolleyes: tempted to munch but then my 1st stone certificate glares at me and say's no!

So far Ive had:

B: Grilled bacon, 2 poached Eggs, 2x small brown toast. (HEXB) No butter or egg white..Yuk
L: Tuna, Beetroot, Light Mayo, Light Cheese Triangles (HEXA) & Mullerlight. 0.5 syns
S: SW Cheeky Chocolate & Orange Hi-fi Bar - 6 Syns

For dinner tonight I'm having Green Beans, Sprouts, Broccoli with Fish in Parsley Sauce (1.5 Syns) & Strawberries for afters M'mmm

I have had a pretty bad time of it lately with life and today is the first day in ages that I have felt good about myself. I have just had an eyebrow wax, which was long overdue by at least 4 months. Walked out of there feeling pretty good :) I already put a jacket potato in the oven before I left and it's nearly done. I am starving!

Food Diary for today: Extra-Easy Plan

Breakfast: Bran Flakes/Semi Skimmed Milk- HEXA and B
Lunch: Jacket potato, Tuna with Light Mayo, Beetroot. Apple. - 0.5 syns
Snack: Hi-fi Bar - 6 Syns
Dinner: Grilled Chicken and Rice. Vanilla Mullerlight with strawberries.

Syns for day: 6.5

That may change because there are Freddo's in the fridge. I may have one tonight. Another 5 Syns :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Today I had:

B: 2x small brown toast with Marmite (HEXB)
L: Beetroot, Ham, Cheese Triangles (HEXA) Mullerlight. Apple
D: Chicken, Onion, Green Beans, Garlic, Carrot, Chicken Stock/Herbs Mmmmmm

Syns: Highlight Options 4, Fudge 5, Ryvita with lunch 1.5 Total 11 Syns

Weekly weigh in tomorrow morning and I am not looking forward to it. After a pants weekend by eating out with family and having a chicken kebab of all things, I am not looking forward to see if I have gained. I have been trying all week to try and make up for it by doing 30 minutes every day on exercise bike. My own scales say I have lost 2lb but they never match when I go to group.

I think I have made this thread in the wrong section. Should it have been in the food diaries? Noob Alert!

Woohoo,congrats on slimmer of the week, that must have felt great especially as you weren't expecting it!! Really admire your motivation, and the fact that you have stayed sober for so long, you must be so proud! I'm on my third day of slimming world, still getting to grips with it, stuck to plan 10percent so far,just need to get more experimental with food, but I am a rubbish cook!

Look forward to watching your journey :)

The weekend! This is where I mess up. I'm going to try and stick to plan this weekend 100%
Every other weekend since I started has been a disaster and I have had to work double time through the week to make up for it, so I need balance this week.

The plan for the weekend is: Extra-Easy

B: Scrambled eggs on Toast (Hexb) and S.Skinned Milk (HexA)
L: Hi-fi Bar (6 Syns) + Mullerlight and Strawberries.
D: Left overs from last night's Chicken Casserole. Topped up with fresh herbs, garlic, onion and tomatoes.
S: Freddo (5 Syns)

Sunday:

We never eat much before 11am on a Sunday.

B: Grilled Bacon, scrambled egg, Grilled tomatoes, Baked Beans, 1x small brown toast (2.5 Syns) With Milk (HexA)
S: Mullerlight & Strawberries. Hi-fi Bar (HexB)
D: Chicken, Roast Tatties with Fry Light, Sprouts, Green Beans, Broccoli, Herbs, Stock.
Highlights Options hot chocolate (4 Syns)

So that's the plan and really want to stick to it. I have to because there is no other food in the house atm :p

Oops I totally forgot to come and update this. It's been two weeks since last entry and in that time I have lost another 6.5 lb and won Slimmer of the month. Lost a total of 18 lbs in May. I am really pleased with that. I'm only 1.5 away from club 10 and 2 stone award so really going for it this week.

Weigh in was today so have a full week to get going. I lost 1.5 lb this week.

Today:
Breakfast: Hi-fi Bar (6 Syns)
Lunch: Chicken toastie (2x small brown - HEB)
Dinner: Jacket Potato with Tuna, Cheese (HEA), Beetroot and Light Mayo (0.5 Syns)
Muller light and Strawberries

Total Syns: 6.5

Body Magic: I handed in my 4th week of body magic so will pick up Silver next week at group. Onwards to Gold! 2 hours walking today. I took the long route to group and was an hour each way. Have been shattered ever since lol

Today in group we all pulled straws. Inside the straw was a mini challenge. Some said "try a syn free day" others said "Walk rather than drive" I pulled out one that said "Eat at least 5 different choices of Healthy Extra's over 7 seven days." Challenge accepted! This will be hard for me because I only ever use the healthy extra's for my toast and hi-fi bars.

Will need to get to shops tomorrow! I have a cupboard full of rice. A fridge full of muller light and not much else!

The plan for the weekend is to use no more than 10 Syns a day. With the last day (Thursday) totally Syn Free. Today's Food:

B: Grilled bacon, 2x Boiled egg and dry toast. (HEB)
S: Hi-fi bar (6 Syns)
L: Savoury Rice
D: Fish in Parsley Sauce, Green Beans, Sprouts, Broccoli & Peas. (1.5 Syns for Parsley Sauce)
S: Muller Light & Strawberries
Drinks: Semi-skinned Milk (HEA) & Blue Ribena (Free)

Total Syns: 7.5

Last edited:
Well yesterday was a very bad day. Thankfully, I didn't go for the chocolate and stuck to plan 100%

Today I will be having

B: 2x Boiled Eggs and 2x Small Brown (HEB)
S: Hi-fi Bar (6 Syns)
L: Jacket Potato, Tuna, Beetroot and Cheese (HEA)
D: SW Chicken Curry (Syn Free)

Total Syns 6

I am really looking forward to dinner. I have a delivery coming today with all the ingredients needed and will making my first attempt at a home made curry, eeeek.
Never before in my 38 years have I enjoyed cooking so much. Its always been a case of cant cook, wont cook. I am even thinking about enrolling on a cookery course.

About to make a start on the exercise bike. 30 minutes planned for this morning. Another 30 this afternoon. I really want a good weigh in this Friday :)

Hey hun, your diary is so inspiring. Congrats on 5 months sober, are you on a 12 step programme? Feel free to drop me a pm about that as we may have something in common kinda but my demon was not alcohol.

You are doing so well. I slipped off plan last night for the first time in 2 weeks on sw and your diary reassures me it is possible to still be ok.

Thank you xx

The presence of temptations will become easier. I am 4 yrs clean now and I can say that with experience.

I am doing extra easy, has to be nice and easy for me to manage it lol

wow 4 years, well done! That really is good. Yep, anything with the word easy sounds good to me lol

SW Chicken Curry on the go. All the spices and chicken are simmering and I really don't think I have smelt anything like this before in my kitchen and I love it lol
Even had a little chuckle at myself. If my sad excuse for an ex could see me now. He always laughed at me and mocked me about my weight issues. He even went as far as stating that I must pig out as soon as he leaves the house 'coz I never eat in front of him...He even done piggy noises and then laughed in my face. Hmmm, I wonder why! (hence him being an ex) That is a whole different story. It's all so raw in my mind! Ahh the demons! I will show him, I will show everyone!
:vibes:

Wooooo :girlpower: he obviously was not worthy of you darling!

That curry smells good to me too... Have a recipe you fancy sharing pls?

Yeah sure. This is how I done it. I was going to follow the recipe on the SW website but it said it was for 4 people but it's just me that eats so I adapted it a little. I got quite a nice helping last night and there is another bowl left in the fridge for tonight.

1 large onion, sliced
2 skinless and boneless chicken breasts, sliced
500 ml chicken stock (500ml water and 3x free chicken stock cubes)
1.5 tsp turmeric
2 garlic cloves, crushed
Half a piece of cinnamon stick (Next time Im going to leave this out, I didn't like it)
2 black peppercorns
1 tsp ground cumin
½ tsp mild chilli powder
1 tsp ground coriander
1 tbl spoon fat free natural yoghurt at room temperature (make sure it's a nice big heaped spoonful, don't be shy lol)
dash of salt n pepper

The SW recipe says to add Root Ginger & cardamom pods but Im not a fan of the stuff personally so didn't add any and it still tasted really good.

1. Make the stock. Add 350ml to a large pan. Add the onion and bring to the boil while covered. Give it a stir, Simmer for 15 minutes uncovered.

2. Add all the spices and garlic, Salt n Pepper. Simmer for 2 minutes. (Have them all ready and measured out in a bowl before you start so they can go straight in)

3. Add the Chicken and remaining stock.

4. Stir well, cover, simmer over a low-medium heat for 25-30 minutes.

5. Put the curry into a large bowl and add the yoghurt. Stir well!

6. Serve with boiled rice...Nom nom nom

Syn Free on Red and Extra Easy Plan and really tasty. I don't think it will ever top what I used to have when I would buy a Chinese take away but it is pretty close! Too close :D

Last edited:
I'm so sorry you've had to put up with abuse like that from strangers. It's them that are the idiots. I have a friend who is tiny (size 6) and she was in tears recently because she had been out running and someone had shouted something at her about her weight and exercising.

I think you're doing wonderfully well. Oh and I can relate about the scale hopping multiple times a day - it's the one thing I can't stop doing. I do try to be good and only weigh once a day (or twice to see the fluctuation between morning and night) and once I have a steady loss I am determined to go down to once every 2 days and reduce it to bi-weekly or weekly from there. It's great that you're starting to enjoy cooking - it's definitely one of my passions in life :)

I'm so sorry you've had to put up with abuse like that from strangers. It's them that are the idiots. I have a friend who is tiny (size 6) and she was in tears recently because she had been out running and someone had shouted something at her about her weight and exercising.

I think you're doing wonderfully well. Oh and I can relate about the scale hopping multiple times a day - it's the one thing I can't stop doing. I do try to be good and only weigh once a day (or twice to see the fluctuation between morning and night) and once I have a steady loss I am determined to go down to once every 2 days and reduce it to bi-weekly or weekly from there. It's great that you're starting to enjoy cooking - it's definitely one of my passions in life :)

Thank you so much. I'm really sorry your friend had to go through that too, especially when exercising. It's hard enough at times without having to put up with hassles from strangers.
I am making the effort to cut down on weighing myself every day, it's yet another habit I started and can't seem to stop lol
Good luck :D

Back