Siggy Piggys Diary

Hugs - I know how you feel. I was struggling last night hun. Curly Wurlys are 6 and I freeze mine so they take longer to eat if thats any help.

Do you have any hobbies?
I like to crochet when time allows as this keeps my hands busy and gives me something to focus on. I also love colouring books. Dont laugh. They are great for keeping your mind occupied and I find them to be quite relaxing to do.. just some ideas.

Keep on it babe xx

Lol I would never laugh. Colouring is great fun. It's the one ritual I do every year on Christmas day. As kids we always got colouring books in our stockings and parents would sit with us and colour, so now I do the same with my lad. I love it lol Feeling much better and more focused today. Weekends are always going to be tough and I guess it is a lot easier than I thought to just give in.

My main hobbies atm seem to be gardening and cooking. I have a big garden out there that is in major need of some TLC and have started work but weather didn't help this weekend and I just couldn't face it for some reason. Way over it now though. I mostly spend time pottering around the garden taking pictures of my crazy cat and the sky.

How's your first day back at work going?

Haha I was colouring with my niece and made her do a different page because she was too young to stay in the lines.

I love beading, crocheting and meaking embroidered felt brooches to relax in front of the telly. This year I want to do some dressmaking and needle felting too but they're not so tv friendly :).

Haha I was colouring with my niece and made her do a different page because she was too young to stay in the lines.

I love beading, crocheting and meaking embroidered felt brooches to relax in front of the telly. This year I want to do some dressmaking and needle felting too but they're not so tv friendly :).

lol Sounds like fun. I would love to say I like to do crafting and sewing but I can honestly say I have never threaded a needle in my life. I just don't have a steady hand :p

Had a really good day yesterday. Right up until 10pm I was bang on 100% and did plenty of moving. Then I got the munchies and scoffed a Twirl. :rolleyes: I don't feel guilty. It was one of those multipack bars so not a normal size so I think they are something like 6 syns? Ish? I am going to have another one today..
It's my birthday​

Didn't even bother to fill out my food diary for yesterday. Way too much chocolate!

Today:

B: Marmite on Toast (HEB) + SS Milk (HEA)
L: Savoury Rice + Muller light + Apple
D: SW Spag Bol with plenty of herbs, onion, garlic and tomatoes.
Highlights options hot chocolate (4 Syns)
Hi-fi Bar (6 syns)

Total 10 Syns for today. Much better than the 40 odd I had yesterday. :eek:

Another terrible day. I have really been bad this week and not stuck to plan. I have hardly eaten but when I have eaten it's all been wrong.

Marmite on toast this morning. Then had yet more bread when I had a cheese and beetroot sarnie for lunch. Not sure what I am going to have for dinner, if anything. Mother nature paid me a visit this week and have been doubled over in pain for the last 24 hours.
Weigh in tomorrow. I am seriously considering not going this week. I'm really bloated and feel pants so I know for a fact I will have a gain. Which is ok coz its the week it is, I know I can pull it all back next week. I may still go to group yet. Not sure I can face the 35 minute walk there and back, pay £5 just to be told I have gained. I can tell myself that for free at home! Having said that, I am out of hi-fi bars! Will see how I feel in the morning. Need a good kick up the backside.

I went to group in the end and to my amazement and I still lost half a pound. Back on track this weekend and I have never been more motivated than I am today. It has taken over my head space again and I really havent thought about anything else other than my goals and sw since group yesterday.

Food today:

B: Grilled bacon with 2x small brown toast. (HEB) + SS Milk (HEA)(2 Syns for marg)
L: Hi-fi bar (6 Syns) + Muller light + Strawberries + Apple
D: Extra Lean Mince with Onion, Green Beans, Sprouts, Broccoli, Carrot, Garlic and Herbs.

8 Syns in total which is good. I really want to TRY and stay under 10 syns a day. Any more and my losses suffer.

Body Magic: 30 Minutes Exercise Bike + 15 mins 1kg weights that I got for my birthday :)

Much more focused head on my shoulders today. Finally kissed goodbye to a terrible week. Note to self: Next time you see Twirls Multi pack on offer... DO NOT BUY!!!! If you must buy, do not eat THREE in one day!!!!
:479:
It was my birthday and it was either that or vodka and I wasn't about to ruin 6 full months of staying sober so i went for the chocolate. I wish I never bothered. I had a headache for two days after. Tutness.

:cry:I missed your Birthday.. here a little belated but..
198049,xcitefun-birthday-cards-main.jpg

That cake was syn free too... :D

Seems like it was worth going to weigh in even tho you thought it had been a bad week.. mmmm twirls :drools: but like you said chocolate is much better than vodka so don't be too hard on yourself.

Going back to work this week has been tough. Long hours, lots of stress really kinda reminds me I need to get out and into a much more holistic role. I have a horrible habit of taking on too much and that has become patently obvious as a condition I suffer with and has been quiet for ages has kicked back and bit me this week. Need to get out!

Tbh tho Siggy, I am frightened of leaving there. Its safe, I know my job even though I hate it and I know the people etc and it is so frightening for me to move into a new environment. Plus I lack any self belief. Stupid I know.

Have a feeling. You know I have my guides, well they tell me you need to plant a herb garden. I don't know why, maybe it will tie your love of gardening and cooking together. Plus if you have an Asda near you I noticed this morning they are selling good sized and a wide range of herbs outside their doors for only £2 each... Not bad!

Ignore me and my funny feelings if you want but it is something I felt lol.

Keep strong my lovely x

Hi, thanks for the cake. Looks yummy :)

I think anything in our lives that are "safe" are hard to leave behind. Is a new job something you are actively seeking or just thinking about ? You do lots of hours don't you? I really miss working. I have way too much time on my hands in the day hours and it drives me crazy. Could you not just cut down your hours and have some more time for yourself?

It's funny you mentioned the herb garden. My mum came round last weekend with a rather nice Basil plant that is now taking pride place in my kitchen and a tomato plant in the garden. I did mention to her a few weeks ago I would love to have a herb garden. Mum is going to help me get one started, I don't yet know the first thing about plants and growing! I will take a look in Asda's. It's not a shop I normally go to but there is one nearby so will take a look. We have a huge Home base literally 5 minutes away walking so will be taking a stroll tomorrow to have a look in their garden section :)

Back on plan big time this weekend. Had a great day yesterday and today has been even better.

B: Bran Flakes and SS Milk (HEA + B)
S: Hi-fi Bar (6 Syns)
D: Roast Chicken, potatoes, Sprouts, Green Beans, Carrot, Broccoli, Gravy (2 Syns) + Vanilla Muller Light with Strawberries (Had this at 2pm and still feeling stuffed)
S: Grapes

Total 8 Syns

Body Magic: 30 minutes Exercise Bike

You ok hun, long time no post for you xx

Helloooo, yeah I'm okay thanks. Been super busy the past few days and haven't had much time for the internet. Trying to sort damage control from last week lol

Been walking everywhere. The sun has finally come back so been taking my son to the park after school every day this week. The only decent park is a good 30 minute walk away and we've not been getting home much before 6.30pm. What with sorting dinner and other things I have been collapsing on the settee most evenings. Clocked up at least 15 miles of walking the past 3 days and right now my back is hurting. Which annoys me a tiny bit. My back hasn't played up for 2 months. Just hope it's because of the walking and not another bad sciatica spell coming back to the surface.

Went out with my uncle yesterday lunchtime to Bingo. He wanted to treat me to some tickets because we couldn't meet on my birthday. The whole experience was quite strange for me. I have only ever been in that building once before, with my ex, last year when my drinking was at it's worst. Crazy what drink does to your mind. I think for the first time in my life I stood at a bar with someone and ordered a diet coke. Felt really weird standing at the bar looking at all the booze, especially the Vodka. Wasn't tempted at all but just felt really strange.

Been really good with food.

Today:
B: 1 Slice Marmite on Toast (4 Syns with marg)
L: Tuna Sandwich (HEB) + SS Milk (HEA)
S: Freddo (5 Syns)
D: Extra lean Mince and onion with garlic, carrots, herbs, stock, broccoli and sprouts. ( Haven't eaten yet, it's still cooking and smells lush)

Total 9 Syns

So pleased you are doing well hun.
The walking sounds great, can you do some for me too please? lol

I dont think your Sciatica is flaring up, but I feel you should check your footwear which you walk in. Don't know if that helps.

Keep on going hunny x

Hmm yeah could be the shoes. I really need to upgrade and get some decent footwear. I don't really like wearing shoes and when I'm in the garden I go bare foot as much as I can but outside I always wear my high top trainers. They are big and chunky and heavy and not very good for long distances lol

I am really confused today with my weight and my body. My good ole faithful adorable combats are too big :( Cries. I love those trousers. They are perfect for summer. 3/4 length and really comfortable. I normally wear them for weigh in every friday. I can't this week. I just put them on and they fell to the floor. There are no loops for a belt. Im gutted. I should be pleased I have shrunk but now I have nothing to wear. Apart from one pair of jeans all my other clothes no longer fit. They are just too big and I look hideous in them now. Perfect chance to go shopping according to my friend. How I will pay for said clothes is another story lol
Anyway the point I want to make are the scales. According to my scales I have stayed the same this week. Yet my clothes just fell off and when I looked in the mirror you could clearly see hips. I have shape! Dead excited to notice a horrible lumpy part of me is now gone but why doesn't the scales say so. Not that I am worried. Weigh in at group tomorrow and I only ever go by those scales. Rambling big time here. Im not sure this even makes sense.

On to today and I have a 4 mile walk to look forward to. It's Thursday and that means for the next 5 weeks I need to collect my son from after school club. I made a promise that I would walk there every week. Last week it took me 1 hour and 15. I thought it was a piece of cake for the first ten minutes, then reality kicked in and all I could see was how far I had to go and I nearly jumped on a bus. My headphones broke yesterday so I won't even have music to fall back on this time but I am determined to make it there. It's a beautiful day so want to make the most of it.

FOOD:

B: 2x Boiled Eggs + 2 Small brown. (HeB)
L: Left overs from last nights mince and onion. Topped up with some fresh peas and carrots. Really filling and just what I need before going on that walk later!
D: Jacket Potato + Baked Beans with Cheese (HeA)
Muller Light and Strawberries
S: Hi-fi Bar (6 Syns) + Freddo (5)

Total 11 Syns

Well done on the walking I've been trying to do 6 or 7 miles on a Monday. This week the second part was all uphill. Do you find after the first mile ad a half your legs ease off a bit? Mine do :)

It's really important you wear the right support on up it feet otherwise you may end up with horrible injuries and then you won't be able to do anything at all then- please make sure you look after your feet- they're you're way to slim ville! Lol

Forget your home scales. I was 3 lbs up on day.. Then 1/2 lb down on weigh in day... But when I got to group I was 2 lbs down!

The Incredible Walking Siggy!!

Nice one lovely. Please get yourself some good walking shoes/trainers. It will be worth it even though its another expense in the meantime.

Clothes - how about checking out the charity shops? Or maybe asking around at your group.. see if they can arrange a clothes swap week - when everyone takes in the clothes they have slimmed out of and have a swap about?

Or add some of your old things onto the thread on 'off topics' clothes swap and see if anyone has something they can swap?

Time to think outta that box you lucky slimmer lady x

Back