Siggy Piggys Diary

Very much so Ellbee, it all depends on the music too. If I start off with fast paced music it really gets me going. Then after 30 minutes I slow it down for a few tracks then speed it up again towards the end. It feels great :)

Thanks Rozie, I will remember that. I really should just throw the scales out and have done with it. In fact as soon as I have posted this they are going in the bin. I said 12 weeks ago when I started that I would get rid of them and yet they are still sat on the bathroom floor!

The clothes I have Sarah are not that very good so not sure anyone would even want them lol. I don't really follow fashion or any trends. I tend to just buy what feels ok or in my case whatever would fit me lol but now I can be a bit more picky :) :)

Just got back from group. Lost 2lb this week which I am very happy with because that means I have lost exactly 2 and a half stone in 12 weeks. Somehow managed to get SOTW with just 2 lb. Don't seem right does it! There was at least 10 new starters today who are on their first week back after joining who lost really well. One man lost 11 lb! I look forward to what he does next week. Also, I won Slimmer of the month for second month in a row. Don't seem possible coz I only lost 10 lbs in June, considering I lost 18 in May that is quite a big gap so want to lose at least 10 more in July. I have set myself a mini goal of losing a stone in July. God it's a roller coaster of emotions. I kept giggling to myself all the way home. Must have looked like a right muppet :p

Food plan for today:

B: Hi-fi Bar (HEB) + Muller Light
L: Jacket Potato with Beans and Cheese (HEA)
D: Chicken, herbs, stock, onion, carrots, peas, leek served with Green Beans.
S: Twirl (11.5 Syns)

Syns for today 11.5

Brilliant loss, Siggy. You're doing so well. 2 and a half stones in 12 weeks is amazing.

Thanks so much, I was a bit worried as the last two weeks have slowed right down but back on track big time now :)

What a frantic weekend. My sister and her 4 kids came to stay for the weekend. It was pretty manic! I only have a very small 2 bed flat. Luckily she came with a big blow up bed for the kids! Had much fun in the garden this weekend. Was the hottest day of the year yesterday in Essex with temps reaching 27C !! I love the hot weather...Topped up my tan...Fired up the BBQ for everyone and I had 3 chicken, onion and tomato skewers :) Lovely...

I have hit another milestone this weekend too. Finally went to get a proper bra fitting on Saturday and my boobs have shurnk massively! In April I was 44E. I am now 38DD Whoop! I hope they don't shrink too much:D

Today's food plan:

B: Grilled bacon and scrambled eggs on toast (HEB) + SS Milk (HEA) (2 syns marg)
S: Hi-fi Bar (6 Syns)
L: Jacket Potato with Tuna and Light Mayo, Beetroot. + Mullerlight and Strawberries (2 Syns for light mayo)
D: Chicken and Rice

Total: 10 Syns

Well done on the loss of boobage! I'd like to get mine down from a 36G to 34DD (C in an ideal world, but not likely that will happen)

Hope today works out well for you.

Thanks Ellbee :) :)

Im really pants at keeping this updated. I am going to try this week to write something in here everyday!

Weigh in day at group today and I have lost 6 lbs this week. I am over the moon (I actually swore when I saw the scales) I couldn't believe it. Really pleased! Even more pleased when I tried on a nice jacket in New Look that was 3 sizes down from what I wearing 3 months ago and it was too big! Talk about ego boost. Still a long road ahead and I am okay with that.

Food for today:

B: Hi-fi Bar (6 Syns)
L: Cheese, ham, beetroot, Tuna with Ryvita (HEB) and very tiny amout of SS Milk (HEA)
S: Muller Light + Strawberries
D: Chicken, Potatoes, Green beans, Sprouts, Herbs, Stock, Onion and Garlic.
S: Freddo (5Syns)

11 Syns Total

Last edited:
I don't enjoy group but have made a deal with myself. Loss or STS I won't stay to class. If I gain I will.

All in the mind isn't it. I'm going to give the group one more month, if I still feel the same I will try at home again. Thanks :)

Didnt stick to plan yet again this weekend. Saturday was great. I held a BBQ and made some really nice Chicken Skewers with onion and cherry tomatoes. So lush. However, Sunday rolls around...sabotage. I had a stressful time and was climbing the walls until 5am this morning and from the moment I woke up sunday to the early hours of this morning I had not one but 3 hifi bars, 2 bowls of cereal, a freddo, 3 glasses of Semi Skinned Milk and if that wasn't bad enough I had two 800g thick slices of toast with lashings of mature melted cheese. I refuse to buy the large thick cut loaves but the other day it was all they had in the shop. It tasted rank after not having any for 3 months and I felt really horrible and bloated after.

Today is much better. 100% back on plan and have just spent the last 3 hours digging in the garden. It's 25C today and my garden is a sun trap. No breeze just pure sunshine. I love it. Had to come in for a break now, my skin is burning. Plus the neighbours upstairs are having an argument in their bathroom, window wide open.. F this and F that bellowing out. Time to go in! My crazy cat is sat right next to my keyboard challenging me to a staring contest. I think she wants some attention.

Today:
B: 2 x small brown toast with marmite (HEB)
L: Big bowl of Strawberries + Muller light - Too blooming hot for anything else.
D: Extra Lean Mince, 2 Onion, lots of Tomatoes, Baked Beans, Garlic, Herbs, Beef Stock and seasoning... Yummo. I love making this, my son refuses to even try it so there will be loads left over for tomorrows dinner. I normally top it up the next day with some SW Roast Potatoes Mmmmm. Getting hungry now!

Skipped breakfast by mistake this morning. Had every intention of making a nice grilled bacon butty but have been so stressed out with getting my son ready for his school holiday I totally forgot. Only when my belly started rumbling really loud in the middle of the post office at 11am I remembered. My son is going away for 3 days. 3 whole days! This is a big thing for me. He has never ever spent the night away from me. He has Aspergers along with a few other health issues regarding allergies and eczema so him going away for more than one night is a big deal with his medical routine at night. Plus I will miss him like crazy. We are really close and I am dreading saying goodbye tomorrow morning! Such a sap.

Food Intake:
S: Hi-fi Bar (HeB)
L: Left overs from last nights mince, topped with light grated cheese (HeA)
D: Will also be having leftovers from mince again this time with SW Roast potatoes and Green Beans. There will still be enough left for one last bowl after tonights dinner. Def will be making that again.
Highlights Option Hot Chocolate 4 Syns
Freddo 5 Syns

Total 9 Syns. I cant remember if Fry-Light is synned. Will check online later but can't see it being anymore than 3 at the very most so still within the 15 barrier.

Last edited:
B: Grilled bacon wholemeal roll (heb)
L: Muller Light with Strawberries, Hi-fi Bar (6 Syns)
D: SW Chicken Curry
S: Freddo (5 Syns)
S Skinned Milk (HeA)

11 Syns total

Walked 5 miles this morning. Well and truly knackered and it's only lunch time.

Hi Siggy74,

I hope you don't mind me tagging onto your diary? I started SW 2 weeks ago after spending the last 5 years on and off Cambridge Diet. So much so that I now weigh 3 stone more than I did when I originally started Cambridge! Hence I feel totally miserable about myself but ... hey ho, I am trying to do something about it :)
Your diary has been great to read through and you are doing so well, and big congrats on dropping the booze.
I lost three in my first week but stayed the same this week - I'm hoping it's because monthly is due this weekend and not that the diet isn't working for me! I have 4st to lose and I'm 42 so little older than you. Has the walking really helped your losses? I have a dog so can take him out for longer walks.
Anyway, I have waffled enough. Good luck for your next weigh in.

Tracy x

Last edited:
Hi Tracy thanks so much. I waffle all the time so it's no biggie :)
All the walking has def helped. I started off by only doing 5 minutes a day, as the days went by i gradually built it up when my body felt ready and now I walk average of 2 hours a day, summer arriving played a big part in that. The sun makes it much more enjoyable. It has done wonders for my fitness levels. Everyone used to whizz past me when I walked before SW and now I can hold my own and set little challenges and try to over take the person in front by walking faster. It's a good work out for me. It makes me feel better too so it can only be a good thing really.

Dont be too disheartened with week 2. It will come off when its ready. It took me a good month if not 6 weeks to fully get to grips with food optimising and once I did the weight just started to fall off. You still lost 3 lbs in your first week. That is a really good start and double to what I lost in my first week. I very nearly gave up. I was petrified about week 2. Just gotta keep going mate :)

What day do you weigh in? Are you at group? So many questions?!
x

Today's Food Plan:

B: Bran Flakes with SemiSkinned Milk (HEA and B)
L: Jacket Potato with Tuna, Light Mayo, Beetroot (2 Syns for Light Mayo)
D: Grilled Chicken and Rice + Muller Light
Highlights Options Hot Chocolate (4 Syns)

Body Magic: Going to watch my niece take part in Sports Day this morning so that's a good 20 minute walk there and back. Plus 30 minutes exercise bike.

While my son is away on his camping trip I am going to be spending the entire evening glossing all the skirting boards and door frames around the flat. Great fun. Not.

Weigh In tomorrow. Eeeek always nervous the day before WI.

:D

Hey Siggy, how are you today? My weigh day is on a Monday and yes I do go to class, doubt I be strict enough with myself to go it alone hehe!
Oh poor you - glossing the skirting boards! I hate the smell of gloss, still it will keep you occupied :) you coping ok with your son being away? I have been weeding my veg patch this morning.

I have just had mushy pea curry for my lunch, it was delicious! Have you tried it?
Also been to Tesco this morning and got some little Philadelphia with Cadbury, I read on here sum where that it's great spread over a peanut hi-if bar ..... Closest thing to a snickers for 4.5 syns (as long as bar is hex obviously).

How did your niece get on? It's always hot on sports days.
have a great rest of the day :)

Tracy x

Hi Tracy, Really missing my son today more than ever but having a good day thanks. Sports day was great. My niece is only 5, so it was all very light hearted fun for them :)
What veg do you grow? Im in the process of getting some sort of herb garden going out there but need to get the rest of the garden cleared first.

Your lunch sounds nice but personally I have never been able to enjoy mushy peas. The only curry I will entertain is the Chicken curry and even then I have to watch what goes in. I have a peanut and mushroom allergy but I do like the sound of the cadbury philadelphia. Might have to try that tomorrow :D

Glossed half of the living room and it already reeks in here with all windows and doors open. Wish I never started lol

xx

Good luck with weigh in later :cross:

Tracy x

Thanks :) My group starts WI at 10am on a Friday. Lost 2lb this week. Happy dance! Got my 3 stone award! Well chuffed :D

B: Hi-fi Bar (6 Syns)
L: Beans on toast (2xsmall brown HEB)
D: Jacket Potato with Tuna, Light Mayo (2 Syns for mayo) Cheese (HEA) and Beetroot.
Highlight Options Hot Chocolate (4 Syns)

Total 12 Syns for today

30 minute walk to group. Another 30 back. Plus the best news is I pick up my son today! He has been away camping with the school for the last 3 days and I really miss him! School is quite a trek at 4.5 miles so another 2 hours walking at least to do yet.

Yey, well done :clap: fab news. I have to wait all day for my weigh in on Mondays - it's not until 5.30! Have a brill weekend with your son, I hope he had a great time. How's the painting going by the way?

I'm painting to .... my decking, though it's too hot now so came in for lunch :D

Thanks so much :)
The painting is pretty much non existent today. I did do a lot of Glossing late last night and the place is really stinking atm with the smell from it. Got too much going on today so will carry on with painting again on Monday.
How's the decking looking? It's been really overcast in Essex today but the last ten minutes or so the sun came out so happy days :) I love summer!

I'm not sure I could cope with a late WI. I'd probably end up starving myself all day out of fear from gaining :p Do you have any nice plans for the weekend?

Back