Siggy Piggy's Food

Discussion in 'Slimming World - Food Diaries' started by Siggy74, 9 November 2013.

1. Siggy74

Siggy74 Well-Known Member

Hello. I thought I had better start a food diary to try and keep on track as i am really struggling at the moment. So far I have lost 5 and half stone with SW but for the last month I have come to a standstill. I either gain a pound then lose it. The last two weeks I have stayed the same and am determined to move forward and start losing again. It's so frustrating. I weigh in at group every Friday and if I get yet another STS next week I'm gonna scream.

I go to the gym 4 times a week. I do 30 minutes on treadmill walking at 3.8 mph and 30 minutes on the exercise bikes.
    Also have an exercise bike at home which i try to go on most days but just lately the novelty has started to wear off. I'm ok when Im losing, I can't stay off it but now my weightloss slowed down to zilch, so has my will power.

I was on red plan but I am going back to Extra Easy for a month and cut down on my syns just to see how it goes. I am not a lover of fruit but do love my veg.

Breakfast: 2 slices wholemeal toast 400g (heb) with boiled eggs
    Lunch: Jacket Potato with Tuna and Cheese (hea) and lighter than light mayo (half syn)
    Snack: Hi-fi bar (6 syns)
    Dinner: Chicken Casserole: Onion, leeks, carrot, swede and chicken served with Green Beans, Spouts and Peas (Used stock pots and lots of herbs in the casserole to make it syn free)

Total syns for today 6.5

I dont drink tea or coffee, I quit alcohol in the new year so really only ever drink Ribena blue label or water.

I've gone from a size 26 down to a size 16 since April. Lost 10 inches from my legs and thats just one leg. People who I bump into who havent seen me since before April have to do a double take when they realise it's me and it feels amazing. Really want to get to target before my 40th birthday next June but for now I am just really wanting that 6 stone award!

Fingers crossed... Toes too!

Thanks for reading

Last edited: 30 January 2014
  2. Tesam2931

Tesam2931 Well-Known Member

You are remarkable, what an amazing weight loss so far! don't minimize this achievement:)
    Planning meals is the best way of getting back on track. You KNOW you can do this.... food diary looks good :checkmark green:
    Keep going x
  3. target99

target99 Member

you have had a fabulous achievement so far-believe you can get there and you will!!
    Love your determination....
  4. Siggy74

Aww thanks so much ^^^ :) It's been really hard going some days but so rewarding at the same time. I keep changing my mind with the target weight too. I would have thought by now I would know what I want it be. I'm not going to think about it anymore until I've lost another 2 stone then just go from there.

Today's Food plan: I've had my brekkie and the hi-fi bar. Been up since 5 am and getting hungry again...Resisting the urge to go for the freddo. I love chocolate. Will have that later when I watch the X factor results :D

Looking forward to some more casserole in about an hours time, it tasted yummy last night.

Breakfast: Marmite on Toast (2xwholemeal 400g) with Light Cheese Triangles (HeA + B)
    Snack: Hi-fi Bar (6 syns) I just love these so much and can't not eat them!
    Dinner: Leftovers from last nights Chicken casserole with Green Beans & Sprouts
    Tea: Tuna salad with lots of Beetroot
    Freddo (5 Syns)

Total 11 Syns
  5. caroline_90

caroline_90 Member

You really are inspirational! I joined SW about two months ago, at the same clothes size as you, and if i could achieve what you have I would be ecstatic! Keep up the motivation :)
  6. Siggy74

Thank you Caroline :) Good luck on your journey, exciting times lay ahead. :D xx
  7. Samantha26

Samantha26 Well-Known Member

Wow that's amazing. Have you tried the express success to give you a boost?
  8. Siggy74

Thanks Samantha, yes I have in the past but can never seem to carry it on for long. It's hard going doing every day full on SE. In the summer it was easier because I pretty much lived on grapes and strawberries through the day time but now it's colder i need something a little warmer. I am going to try to up the super free as much as possible this week though and see how it goes :)
  9. Samantha26

Our consultant suggested we try more scan bran in our diet to give us a wee boost, never tried it myself but some girls in group swear by it
  10. Siggy74

I've never tried Scan bran Samantha. My consultant swears by it but the looks from other people that have tried it and their gags really put me off lol I might have to buy a pack this week just to see for myself. :D
  11. Samantha26

Let us know how u get on :) first weigh in back tonite after a 6 month break but would try it once the weigh loss slows down in a few weeks
  12. Siggy74

I hate Mondays... Worst day of the week! Going to be out at meetings all day so won't have time for a substantial lunch.
    Monday's play a big part in my recovery with alcohol addiction. I go to weekly meetings on a Monday that runs from 11-12.30 then I attend a womens group from 1pm until 3pm. Then it's a mad dash to get home for my son who has home to school transport. Then I can collapse.

B: Grilled Bacon, scrambled egg, tinned tomatoes on toast (2x400g wholemeal HeB)
    L: Hi-fi bar (6 syns) + Mullerlight
    S: Dairylea Original Triangles (HeA)
    D: Mediterranean fish dish with lots of superfree veg (from SW website) Have never tried this but looks lovely so will give it a go (1.5 syns)

Total Syns 7.5
  13. Siggy74

Good luck with WI. Let me know how you get on too. Group isn't until Friday so will let you know how it goes with the dreaded scan bran haha :)
  14. Samantha26

Hi Siggy Piggy, just home from first weigh in lost 3.5lb...very happy with that! It's really motivated me for next week :)
  15. Siggy74

Fantastic, well done! Really pleased for you :D
  16. Samantha26

Thank you, I was surprised. Sometimes you just eat so much it seems there's no chance of you losing anything. Keep me posted on your progress and if you go for the scan bran challenge :) :)
  17. Siggy74

Will do ^^^ :)

Today's food:

Breakfast: Bran flakes and SS Milk (HeA + B)
    Lunch: Chicken breast, Beetroot, Mullerlight and a Freddo (5 syns)
    Afternoon Snack: 1 crumpet tut tut (5 syns) plus 1 syn for clover light
    Dinner: Cod fish fillet with peas and green beans

Total 11 syns today

Walked 3 miles today and spent an hour in the gym this morning

I really need to throw my scales out. They still show me as staying the same. Grrrrr
  18. Siggy74

Yesterdays food diary:

B: Grilled bacon and boiled eggs on toast (HeB)
    L: Cheese, Tuna, Beetroot, Mullerlight (HeA)
    D: Chicken and vegetables - Leeks, onion, carrots, sprouts, peas
    S: Freddo (5 syns)

Total syns 5

Walked 4 miles too. Pretty good day :)

Todays plan:

B: Bran flakes and SS milk (HeA and B)
    L: Leftovers from last nights chicken casserole
    D: Fish fillet, Green Beans, Peas, few tinned potatoes
    S: Freddo (5 syns)

Total 5 syns for today too. Really trying to keep them down at the moment to see if changes my WI, which is tomorrow! Have stayed the same for the last 2 weeks running and really want a loss this week. Even if its half a pound. Its better than seeing another STS in my book! :rolleyes:
  19. Siggy74

Just about to get ready for group. Weigh in starts at 10am. Really hoping for a loss this week! Havent lost anything for more than 2 weeks now. Havent gained neither so its not all bad but seeing the same figure more than 2 weeks in a row is harsh.

Plan for today:

B: Hifi bar (At group) 6 syns
    L: Scrambled Egg on toast (heb) + Mullerlight
    S: Cheese triangles (hea)
    D: SW Roast Chicken dinner with lots of super free veg (2 syns for gravy)

Total 8 syns
  20. ameew

ameew Member

Good luck , but at least staying the same is better than putting on.