size and weight

toller-girl

constantly confused
I'm trying to work out roughly what weight is what clothes size. My own clothes are confusing me, some of my 16s are too big, and some of my 18s are too small! Go figure :confused:

I'm 5'6", and wondered what weight I would need to be for what size?

I'm currently 13 and a half stone from 15.4, and was an 18-20 when I started LL.

I've lost nearly 2 stone, and I always thought it was roughly one stone = one dress size, which should mean I would be at least a 16, but I don't seem to be :confused:

Is anyone else the same height as me? If so, how much did you weigh when you were in 16s?

I'm trying to think when I will need 14s (can't even imagine that!) but if I'm not even in 16s yet it's a bit of a long way off.

My sis lost thirteen stone and went down twelve sizes, I have lost three stone and gone down one size!!

I was 21 stone and size 28/30 and i am 5 foot 6 inches .I have lost nearly 2 stone in 3 weeks and i am still wearing the same clothes .They just feel more comfortable.I never felt as if i should have to wear that size but i guess our frames are all different.When i was married in 1976 i was 8 stone 13 lbs and wore a size 14,so i guess the simple answer is there is no answer!!!!!

sorry lol

i dont think theres any general 'rules' about sizes and weightloss.. i always thought 1 stone 1dress size but it doesn't work like that. You lose weight from all over your at different stages which means clothes just fit better, as long as the wiehgts coming off you should see changes, you body needs to adjust to it i think and get itself in proportion to the weightloss iykwim then u start seeing drops in sizes....

I don't know if I have heard it or read it, but what I have heard is that as you start loosing weight, your fat cells get smaller as they release their little stores, but still hang around for a while trying to find some fat to keep hold off, eventually they give up the idea of getting plump again, break down and get flushed out of the body, (not sure how true that is but hey) apparently it is at that point, that we start to notice a differnce in body shape, and it build momentum. I am only on week 4, lost 21lb in the first 3 weeks, but didn't actually loose any inches, in week 4 alone, I have gone down 2 trouser sizes (size 44 to size 40), am hoping that as the weeks pass, the inch loss will build momentum????

Hi toller-girl

I'm the same height as you, so these are my weights / size stats! :) -

15 stone - size 20 (just about!!)
13 stone - size 18
12 stone - size 16
11 stone 4 - size 14
10 stone 9 - size 12
10 stone 2 - size 10

Obviously each person can be quite different and it also depends on how much of your body is fat and so on. The difference between the smaller sizes is a lot less in pounds, which means they are even more variable!

...And unfortunately my size 10s are currently a little on the squeaky side...!! :eek:

Monkey x

Hi toller-girl

I'm the same height as you, so these are my weights / size stats! :) -

15 stone - size 20 (just about!!)
13 stone - size 18
12 stone - size 16
11 stone 4 - size 14
10 stone 9 - size 12
10 stone 2 - size 10

Obviously each person can be quite different and it also depends on how much of your body is fat and so on. The difference between the smaller sizes is a lot less in pounds, which means they are even more variable!

...And unfortunately my size 10s are currently a little on the squeaky side...!! :eek:

Monkey x

I am just 5'4 but have pretty much been the same size/weights as I went as monkey. Also starting at 15 stone and size 20.
Size 12 at the mo, but verging on a 10 depending on the shop.

Pretty happy at that though.

i think it all depends where you store your fat, i seem to store mine in my hips and theighs, i also have a bit of a tummy on me, i'm 14st and am in a size 14/16 clothes and only 5'4" i think it all depends on your body shape tbh

There are so many variables to consider, there is no real formula as such that would be exactly the same for everyone....just a rough guideline. Muscle weighs more then fat, so a slim muscular person might weigh more then someone the same size, but with more fat, but they may wear a smaller size, etc.

When i was 15 stone i was a size 22 - im now 21 stone and Im a 26. go figure that! and Im not one of these people that stuffs them into clothes that dont fit!
Perhaps i have been lucky with fashion and the different shapes of clothes lol who know!

Jus x

I'm 13 stone and a size 12-14. I'm 5 10" though. I have to agree that it's impossible to guess the size/weight ratio. I had lost several stones before I went down one size! Don't know if what Corey said is true...but it sounds right as my fat cells hung around for ages and then disappeared all of a sudden!

I'm 5ft6 and was 14st7 and a size 16-18. I'm now 8st7 and a saize 8-10. Depends very much on your body shape though! My current stats are 34-24-26 which I doubt are a standard 8-10 but everything seems to fit!

Back