Slightly Off Topic: Reading thread

Angellore

As so many of us blame boredom for overeating or eating the wrong things I thought it might be a nice idea for us to share what books we're reading at the moment, or particular books you have really enjoyed in the past.

I usually like thrillers and crime books, like Patricia Cornwell, Karin Slaughter etc. I am currently reading a book called Fatal Attraction by Carol Smith (got it in British bookshop for half price - £3.99) - its a really good book. Doesn't labour over uninteresting points and is pretty fast paced. I statrted reading it yeasterday and am already more than half way through. Definitely reccomended.:read:

There is already a thread somewhere but I don't see why we can't do one just for here. I like Harlan Coben and Linda Fairstein. If you like crime then you will love these 2.

Im almost ashamed th say it..... but.......Im rubbish - I only read magazines! ........ Ive only read four books in my life (apart from ones I have had to read as part of A-level and GCSE coursework) they've been Ralphs Party by Lisa Jewel, one of the Sophie Kinseler shopaholic ones, Angelas Ashes and another one bout a doctor (the title of which I cant remember) So if anyones got any suggestions of very very easy reading that would be great - I think I'd be into true stories or ones that have a main character and you kinda just follow them around......... any suggestions from anyone?! x

I really liked Jodi Picoult books for a while but have gone off her lately. I did really enjoy "plain truth" though. It's about a murder in an amish community. I also read "a midwives tale", think it was called that. It's a true account of midwifery in the slums of london during the 50's. I actually cried several times.

My favourite of all time is "The time travellers wife". I read it 3 years ago and recently read it again because the film is comng out and I wanted to refresh myself. You really have to concentrate on that one though but it's absolutely fantasic!

Roz x

Im with Rainbow I am a Mag fan I read Take a Break, Chat and Thats Life.:D I think the last book I read was The Lion the which and the wardrobe when I was little. I do however read the kids books does In the night garden count.:D

I read all those trashy mags as well, chat, thats life, pick me up, love it etc but my god aren't they full of really violent stories. I do have tobe in the right mood to read a book but when I find a good one my mnose is stuck in it til it's finished. Dh loves the Terry Pratchett discworld novels but I can't get into them and the Darren Brown ones.

Roz x

I read all those trashy mags as well, chat, thats life, pick me up, love it etc but my god aren't they full of really violent stories. I do have tobe in the right mood to read a book but when I find a good one my mnose is stuck in it til it's finished. Dh loves the Terry Pratchett discworld novels but I can't get into them and the Darren Brown ones.

Roz x
Yeah I do agree with you on that one you can get some really nasty stories in them. I cant even buy them when I am having a bad bout of depression because I could flood england with my tears if I read a bad story.

I love reading. Im embarrased to admit it but I must have several hundred unread books in my house!!! I need to stop buying new ones lol

I love reading too, I'll read anything from mags to books etc. On holiday I'll read 3 or 4 books in a week - I'm a barrel of laughs aren't I?!? x

Id never keep up Starlight! I'm a trashy mag reader too - yeah some horrible stories, also some very funny ones too!!

My house is wall to wall books and like Starlight I usually have more than one book on the go at any time. I read voraciously to the extent that I will happily sit reading rather than getting on with chores. One good thing about my exercise bike is that I can read at the same time as cycling lol.

I read about 2 books a week tho cant stand the clutter of keeping them! Swap them on this site its great! www.readitswapit.co.uk

I like reading crime books, Harlan Coben my absolute fav, will have to give Linda Fairstein a go if you think shes good Taz, must be good if you like harlan too, thanks.

I read about 2 books a week tho cant stand the clutter of keeping them! Swap them on this site its great! www.readitswapit.co.uk

I like reading crime books, Harlan Coben my absolute fav, will have to give Linda Fairstein a go if you think shes good Taz, must be good if you like harlan too, thanks.
There is a connection between Harlan Coben and Linda Fairstein, they know each other and help on each others books. Give them a go, you won't be disappointed

How about Lee Child? I love his books as well as Harlan Coben's. Tess Gerritsen is good too.

FT :)
I've not got round too Lee Child yet although I do intend to. I have a Tess Gerritsen one waiting on my pile!

I used to keep all my books then the clutter really started to irritate me so I took them all to a car boot then gave what I didn't sell to charity. Why don't we do our own swaps on here?

Back