Slim & Save bars

Rigby

Hi, everyone :) I'm not doing Slim & Save and am calorie-counting but had a quick look at the S&S website and so have a question - are the bars any good? I'm definitely not looking to do a VLCD but wondered if they might be a more filling alternative to normal cereal bars whilst still being low in calories. I know you can't dip in and out of a VLCD, I'm not trying to do that, just wondering if it's worth me ordering a couple of samples to try :) Thanks!

I wouldn't bother if you're not planning on going into ketosis to be honest. They're quite small and fine for a VLCD but not worth it if you're not low carbing.

to be honest you can get normal choccie bars with less calories than the S&S bars , they are higher in calories than milky ways and fudges etc

It wasn't so much the chocolate factor, just if they might be a more filling alternative to a normal bar. Appreciate your comments though, thanks :)

Although the bars are small, i find them quite hard to eat theyre rich and dense.

The s&s bars aren't filling as they're ridiculously small. The Exante bars are cereal bars, big and filling, but over 200 cals I think so don't know how that compares to normal cereal bars.

I think that they are quite filling - it's the protein level that makes the difference rather than the size. I find some of them too sweet - but I don't have a sweet tooth. An alternative might be protein bars that you can buy for working out.

If I were you I'd order a sample of each of the bars (it only costs 99p each for a sample) and you can see for yourself whether it would suit you.

I liked the Exante bars too! But only the toffee nut raisin ones. I always looked forward to lunch on Exante :) Now I look forward to every meal on S&S :D I do love the praline and vanilla bars... But I have them as a 'desert' as they don't fill me up. Not sure what I'm going to do for lunch at work :confused:

Maybe use a protein bar, the s&s ones aren't very high. I use them as a treat as I don't find them filling at all

Back