Extra Easy Slimmers of the Caribbean

staticrhubarb

Hi everyone,

I've been a member of this forum for a couple of years now (about as long as I have been on/off Slimming World and other weight-loss programs) but I've been really struggling with my weight this year again - I'm currently the biggest I've ever been at just over 200lbs :(

I recently moved to the Cayman Islands in the Caribbean and have started up Slimming World again in the last week or so. Actually finding my motivation has been really high this week and I am feeling good so far!

Last few times back in England when I restarted I found I really couldn't be bothered making the meals and just turning to ready meals or takeaways, but that stuff here is ridiculously expensive and the heat means you end up feeling gross after eating anything too heavy.

Today I made some great meals - some of my favourite things turned SW style.

Breakfast - 3 Chocolate oat cookies (HexB + 1 syn)

(Makes 2 portions) 70g oats, 2 eggs, 1 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder, 20g sweetener. Mix everything together in a bowl, spray a baking tray with frylight and portion into 6 cookies. Bake at 180C for 15 mins and let harden.

Lunch - Egg fried rice (syn-free)

Dinner - Pizza fries (HexA + 1 syn) - SW chips, homemade tomato sauce, 30g mozzerella, mushrooms, lean bacon and fresh pineapple.

Snacks - 1 syn-free yoghurt, 1 freddo (5 syns) and 1 curly wurly (6 syns)

Total syns: 13

Hopefully I'll be able to stick to it :)

So the last couple of days have been pretty good, I've managed to stay mostly on track but did have a blip yesterday as a SW recipe I found online for Teriyaki beef said to use 1 tbs of oil rather than 1tsp and I counted it as 2 syns instead of 6! So because I'd already gone over my syns yesterday and thought "screw it," then ate a box of nerds :doh:

Still, drawn a line and stayed within 15 syns today so it's all good.

Today
Breakfast: Oats (HEXB) with syn-free yoghurt, blueberries and 1tsp unsweetened chocolate chips (1 syn)

Lunch: Leftover teriyaki beef stirfry (3 syns)

Dinner: Pizza fries with mozzerella (HEXA) ham, pineapple, mushrooms and red peppers

Snacks: Curly wurly (6 syns) and freddo (5 syns)

Total: 15 syns

So yesterday I had a bit of a syns splurge as it was cocktail night! Gonna cut back today and tomorrow and hopefully it will all balance out. My meals were 100% on plan yesterday though!

Lunch (I missed breakfast)
Rice, tuna with Walden Farms calorie free mayo, sweetcorn and mixed peppers

Dinner
Homemade chicken curry, homemade okra dahl and rice, 1tsp mango chutney (1 syn)

Snacks: 1 advent choc, 1 freddo, 3 cocktails and a prosecco!!!

Total syns: Probably around the 35 mark! Eeek

Who can resist cocktails though! :)

@Wolf exactly my thought! Staff Christmas meal tonight too but not really in a drinking mood and haven't had any syns so far today - should be safe if I go for reasonable options!

So I didn't end up going completely safe for the staff meal. Ordered the seafood platter for a main which was mostly just fish with some fresh steamed veg, with a couple of roast potatoes in there too so overall pretty good. I did however munch on lots of bruchetta and bread to start and had a creme brulee for pud! And a glass of wine haha. But the rest of my day had been on plan and I knew I'd be going out so I had in my head I could just have a flexisyn evening and get right back on track the next day.

Which I did! Sundays are normally my downfall but I think I did quite well - slept through breakfast though!

Lunch: 30g gouda (hexA) on toast (hexB) with salad

Dinner: Homemade curry, homemade okra dahl and white rice

Syns: 2 curly wurlys and a pack of french fries - total syns 16.5 - a little over but not as bad as I usually am on a sunday!

Back