Slimming for good

gina_1685

I had my first child 19 months ago and since then have not managed to successfully lose the last 2 stone (I put on 5 1/2) shameful I know..
I used to be just under 11 stone which was fine but I would really like to be around 10 stone. Getting married in June next year but I want to do it for good and not just my wedding.

Couldn't see the text for some reason on the end of last post so had to write another! I am not attending group as money is tight I am weighing at home. Started last week at 13st 2lb and this week lost 1 1/2 lb which is not very good for a first week loss because I am really struggling with sticking to plan! I seem to cheat every day and I need something else to help me (ie this diary). I joined the gym last week and have been 4 times so I'm on the right track with the exercise.

I am going to have to stop buying treats in bulk for my other half and son and just buy them one at a time to avoid the temptation as I can't seem to do it myself! I start off so well but tend to veer off towards the end of the day. My biggest problem is kidding myself how many syns I am having which why is I think this might help. I am going to be completely honest and then hopefully it will help me stick to plan.

Sorry for the great long essay but I am sure some of you will be able to identify with me and hopefully give me some tips and mate even tell me where I might be going wrong.

Today so far I have had a bowl of fruit and fibre with skimmed milk and a coffee with 2 teaspoons of light coffee mate (need to check the syns of that as I haven't been counting it)

Hey hun, well done for starting off a diary! I find them so useful, as long as you are completely truthful about what you are eating/drinking. There are some lovely people around the forum that can offer you lots of advice and tips :)

Also a big well done on your first loss! Don't be disappointed with 1.5lb - a loss is a loss! It's a great start.

As long as you are measuring your fruit & fibre and your milk, today looks fine so far. The coffee mate light is 10 calories per 1 level tsp, so for 2 level tsp it would be 1 Syn. Be careful to make sure they are level measures though, as a heaped tsp can be up to 4 times as much, and you wouldn't want to sabotage yourself.

Good luck with your weight loss journey!

Thank you, already I have some tips! I never measure my cereal or milk which I will start doing as from tomorrow. And I will make sure teaspoons are dead level, I think they pretty much are to be honest. I put down a chocolate Special K bar this morning and picked up a banana instead yey! Saved myself 4.5 syns for later.

So 1 banana and 1 cup coffee with skimmed milk. Using milk as hea for cereal and coffee.

Found 2 tsp light coffee mate is 1 syn.

1/2 Special K bar 2.5 syns
Super free soup plus 2 slices small wm loaf

Tea is going to be a beef stew I have made with veg as decided on a red day as I had bread for lunch.
1 put some gravy granules in so I will count 2 syns for the portion I am having.

I had a mini chupa chups lolly this afternoon which is 2.5 syns so altogether today I have had 8 syns!

Might have a Freddo after I have had my tea I'll update the diary then, am teaching tonight so won't be until 8.30.

Have a good evening everyone!

Today has been a good day! I had my beef stew with lots of veg, and then had the choice of a calippo or a Freddo afterwards. Normally I would just have both and think that a few extra syns won't harm but they do!

Had the Freddo and that was it for the day.

Successful day all round 13 syns! Yey.

Back